Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Travelling from this end is easy, 20 min drive to the airport car park, 100 meter walk into office to meet others, 150 meter walk to clear immigration and security and climb on bus to door of aircraft, climb onboard and greet crew, get offered an empty first class seat or the bedroom.

Only bit of stress is that my colleague used to shag the flight attendant that we are spending the next 3 days with, but that’s their issue not mine 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundle home time, have a good, not too chaotic, day to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Had a lie in this morning (walkies at 7!) Roadtrip time - I’m a woman on a mission (pressie & food shopping). Lots of Christmas appointments in the afternoon. Concert this evening. Busy Bumbóg. Have a good day all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

You know how a frog will hop out of hot water, but will just sit there if they start off in colder water, and then the water gets hotter..

Think I did that in the bath this morning.

Dancing around the place because it is almost ChristmasTime. :)

Coming home for Christmas. Can’t wait to see my mum and dad and mates. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Having to slum it, old fashioned seats :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....The moon is right, the spirits up, We're here tonight and that's enough, Simply having a wonderful Christmastime....

Morning all,

The fog is still here didn't lift at all yesterday, a cold 3.3 C

Kitchenside pondering breakfast, have lots of bits and bobs to do

Have a good day folks :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Out of spin and core class. After all the wine I had last night I was close to vomiting, that was before the class even started. The only thing that made me feel somewhat better was luckiest man was there too in even worse condition than me so that cheered me up and motivated me to get through the class so as I could gloat. Bit stressed out as I ordered a dildo as a joke present for a friend from ali express, but it hasn’t come. And now, evidently, neither will she. Going to have to think of another joke present but have no time for shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Up early, heading on a road trip myself this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Best that we could do at short notice :)
    Thats actually Benny Hill dressed as Mutt

( I'm still breakfast side )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sam Hain wrote: »
    How was Ardal?

Lovely and great craic. Was just like sitting having a chat with a friend. Both of us laughing and chatting.

Lying in bed trying to decide if it's time to get up and at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just realised.....it's almost CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Whooooooop!

Sorry.

My sister and hubby arrive tomorrow and my sons will be coming up the road too so it really begins tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Awake again, feckin sinus problems, how necessary is breathing anyway?.

Work.
    Start of my six days on... Roll on the 27th !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting in the car in the carpark waiting for him to come back when this old lady and who I presumed to be her daughter came out to their car which was next to mine, their back door in line with my wing mirror. Aul one clearly didn’t see me and swung the back door open against my wing mirror and it made an awful sound, and then she proceeds to smack it again the second time. Jumped out of the car and I said excuse me, do you mind not vandalizing my car? And her daughter was like oh I’m so sorry. I like old people, I love old men but old ladies are a law unto themselves. I saw it for years commuting they’d knock you down to get in in front of you, in reality if they calmed down a bit they’d see people would usually let them on the train first. Ruthless they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Outside. It doesn't actually matter where. Just the fact I am outside!! :D

.....there are other humans here...is that normal? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Alecto wrote:
    Outside. It doesn't actually matter where. Just the fact I am outside!!

Be afraid .... be very afraid.

:eek:

I am inside.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting on an airplane at Dublin Airport, waiting to depart, on my way to sunny Fuerteventura with my OH for some Christmas sun. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Sitting on an airplane at Dublin Airport, waiting to depart, on my way to sunny Fuerteventura with my OH for some Christmas sun. :)

That sounds like bliss!
    Have a lovely holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Enjoy your hols Jupiter!
    Expensive road trip this morning.
    Getting the hair done followed by the nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A busy morning with visitors calling to wish us well for Christmas. Cut a load of holly for the house and our visitors all left delighted with some.

Going to light the fire now and read the paper: if the doorbell doesn't ring again...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Kitchenside after an enjoyable night and afternoon.

Big clean up and shop tomorrow then into relax mode for the guts of a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Base...1, I think. A little bit jaded. Nice but very late night with my fiance last night (or the night before? What day is it,)
    Sometime in.tbe early hours of one of the blurry days recently my friend told me about his "expiry date". He knows, for a fact, that hes going to die within about 8 months. He said Im the first person hes told. Its complicated.every time I try to think about it someone walks in and Im distracted. Theres never any time. Im sure every one of you knows all about it. Its the nature of life, too slow and too fast at the same time.
    I dont know where Im going or where I am. Listening to Stereo Hearts by gym class heros for the bit about "appreciate every mix tape your friends make ".

Gliiiiiiiitch :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Sometime in.tbe early hours of one of the blurry days recently my friend told me about his "expiry date". He knows, for a fact, that hes going to die within about 8 months. He said Im the first person hes told. Its complicated.every time I try to think about it someone walks in and Im distracted. Theres never any time. Im sure every one of you knows all about it. Its the nature of life, too slow and too fast at the same time.
    Sorry Widdershins. :(
    As I eluded to in my TH post the other day, my mother will die in 2020, possibly early 2020 judging by the state of her recently. The only real advice I can give you, and I'm sure you already know this, is to let him know how much he means to you and give him a hug every time you see him. And if you ever want anyone to talk to I am only ever a PM away.

Thanks Guy. I told him my friends have had an awful habit of dying this year and maybe I've killed him. He laughed. I can never think of the right words, Im sorry. My heart goes out to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Thanks Guy. I told him my friends have had an awful habit of dying this year and maybe I've killed him. He laughed. I can never think of the right words.
    It sounds like you did say the right thing. Dark humour like that between people who are close in moments of sadness/crisis can be some of the funniest times. It releases tension and bonds people even more I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Widders and Guy, my heart goes out to both of you. It's an awful place to be and very hard to get your head around it.

Im in bed having a cry, trying to get it out of the way quickly as hes giving me his time messaging me at the moment. Its a bit heart breaking because hes been trying to leave us all with advice for the future. Very good advice. But he should be looking forward to his future. This is what nicotine is for, pulling yourself together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Im in bed having a cry, trying to get it out of the way quickly as hes giving me his time messaging me at the moment. Its a bit heart breaking because hes been trying to leave us all with advice for the future. Very good advice. But he should be looking forward to his future. This is what nicotine is for, pulling yourself together.

Ah hugs widders I just want to give you a big hug.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement