Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options
1323324325326327329»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So very sorry WildWillow ((hugs)) xxxx

Thinking of some posters who I haven't seen post in ages xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

WW, you mind yourself and have whatever sort of day that you will be able to cope with. You are of course always welcome to post in here, everyone is lovely and you can be as grumpy or happy or sad as you want!

I’m at home drinking wine from the bottle, wouldn’t be like me

I'm home, Shhhh, I left a wee bit early!!
    Will have some wine myself soon I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Home after a busy but very fun Christmassy day. Met great people and listened to great tales of bygone days.

Relaxing now with a drink and some Star Wars nonsense on TV.

A happy Christmas to all and thank you for the company, laughs, and bewilderment all year. You're a tonic.🎅🎄🍾🤶

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Sitting by the tree. Beer in hand. Classical music of the Christmas variety playing. Aside from the lights on the tree the only other lights are two candle holders which belonged to my great grandmother and I only light them Christmas Eve. Happy Christmas folks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bubblypop wrote: »
    I'm home, Shhhh, I left a wee bit early!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5843462

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭thomil

At home, teetering on the ledge between Christmas bliss and deep despair as to the absence of my parents.

That being said, I nailed my family's traditional Christmas dinner, so at least the smells of Christmas past are there :) The Christmas playlist helps as well ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ah Christmas. The strangest time of year.

Listening to Rhianna's "Umbrella". It's a beautiful song.

Thinking of my fiancee and how work might be for him tonight.

Time for a nicotine infusion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Couch side with tea and crisp sambos.

After a crap few days I'm feeling a bit better. I just had a lovely phone call with my mother in law, she always knows the right thing to say to make me cheer up. I'm actually really looking forward to tomorrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,099 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Home also.
    Didn't stir today, had a rest after a lot of going all week.
    Going to start cutting the vegetables now to be ready for tomorrow.
    Happy Christmas Eve friends xx

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Fireside in my parents waiting for some sausages to cook.
    We went out for lunch but everywhere was full so ended up going through McDonald's drivethru, duly washed down with some Prosecco to keep it festive. But feeling peckish now so some cocktail sausages are called for!
    Best wishes folks, and happy Christmas however you spend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

In Cork in the Parents house with a beer in hand. Be heading to the local in a few to meet up with a few friends and relatives for a beer or three:)

Couchside on my own but happy and good-tired: clean-up done, fridge full, visits/tins of posh bickys delivered, candles lit, fairy lights twinkling and G&T poured :) Bliss.

Sweet dreams all. Keep yer ears open for the sound of the sleigh bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting here with all the feels tonight . Had a lovely day , and will have one half of the family tomorrow and the others St.Stephens Day , and will have a great time . But for now , it's lonely , if I didn't see the kids I'd see no one over the Christmas period tbh !

Am grand , just needed to say that out loud to get it out of my system :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Yup, just talking to the brother who visited my parents earlier today, father was out the fields, mother sat in looking out the window. He said they seemed lonely, which makes me unreally sad, but yet when we see them they never let on anything...
    Mind yourself Mam, have a great Christmas.

Thanks Sharp , you saying about your parents is exactly what I was thinking about , how my own parents must have felt once we'd gone home with the kids .
    It's all good , think it's the time of year makes us reflective .

Anyone for a cuppa? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I’d love a cuppa Mam! Pretty please!

honeybear wrote: »
    I’d love a cuppa Mam! Pretty please!

Pot made , pull up a chair !

Santa just called here to restock his sleigh and put a few scooters, cars and a buggy together, theres a few spare screws left over as usual lol.

Time for a glass of wine, just had a turkey sandwich, bit dry so put lots of mayo on it...there is a touch of loneliness here also,kids are out in the local but wont be late,my dad called earlier today ,been messaging my friends and having a laugh but I have to say I'm missing having someone special in my life, I swore I'd never want to meet anyone again but this week its hitting me hard,might be time to try and move on,we'll see.

Wildwillow your post is so sad,I really hope you enjoy the few days as best you can x

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thanks Sharp , you saying about your parents is exactly what I was thinking about , how my own parents must have felt once we'd gone home with the kids .
    It's all good , think it's the time of year makes us reflective .

Anyone for a cuppa? :p

Only if there's a dropeen going in it!
    Cheers:-)

• Advertisement

Only if there's a dropeen going in it!
    Cheers:-)

Have you a spare bottle ?
    You can't cal in with your hands swinging open you know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

This isn’t going to end well ... I’m seeing double!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement