Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Really sorry to hear that ET. Been there before and it is a tough & heartbreaking time.

Although dogs are not part of the family for as long as most humans, they can often make a greater emotional bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry to hear about your doggie Eviltwin, sounds like he was loved and had a good life.

I am kitchenside watching the clock. Need to go out to buy a few bottles of rum as presents but as it’s Sunday we can’t be trusted until 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all, couchside with a coffee.
    Hope everyone has a good day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Just finishing a cup of tea and leaving in about 15 minutes for a drive down to Youghal beach for walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Luckiest mans Xmas present just came in stock (wtf) which means I’ve to go the whole way to Tallaght for it, fuming and the only day I can go is today. So STRASSSSSED. Should have got him a pair of socks instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry to hear they eviltwin, I'm glad it was peaceful and at home.

Trying to motivate myself to start cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

What a beautiful Winter's day out there, got a great two mile walk done earlier, lovely and peaceful on the country roads around here. Fireside now, plenty of reading to catch up on for the day. Few hours to do at the coalface tomorrow morning then off for three weeks including a much anticipated holiday to Spain with 17 other extended family members, can't frigging wait to get a bit of sun on the bones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A day of visitors. Feeling cocooned. Surrounded by ex army lads makes me feel safe :D

Condolences to Eviltwin. Losing a beloved dog is heartbreaking.
    Its why Ive never bonded fully with a dog since my wolfhound died. People who go on to love another doggy are immensely strong because theyve borne that pain and theyre prepared to risk it all over again to love another who needs their love.

Thanks for all the kindness last night everyone. I purged the sadness. We still have time and we'll make the most of it. Its brought us very close. Im just hoping my friend will be reunited with his lovely partner in time. Theyre separated but still madly in love. Reminds you just how much is going on in other peoples lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sorry to hear about the doggy eviltwin. Not an easy thing to lose a pet. Look after yourself.

Back from road tripping, spent the night in Dubland and went up see Mamma Mia last night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

I'm thinking of you eviltwin.

Wrapping up Christmas presents and listening to Christmas songs. Thinking I'll have a few drinks for myself this evening :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Never knew I wanted a jetski till now. Watching three people on them having great fun. You all know what to get me now for Christmas. :P really nice here with a low lying sun and not really cold.

I am sorry that some of you are going through difficult times. In fact truth is all of you no doubt are in different ways. We never know. Christmas doesn't care for loss or pain or illness. It can highlight troubles for a lot of people and make us long for times past or a present we thought we would have.

Last Christmas was the best one I had in a long time. Then I went and told the person who helped make it that way that we could no longer be together. Funny thing is I am more myself now than I've ever been and while this Christmas Day will be an endurance I've been determined to enjoy the days leading up and the days after. Making a pretty good stab at it so far :)

I am on the ol chug a chug.

Just read one of my ex's old love-emails from last year because my fiance was asking me about him. Didnt expect to feel anything but I felt strange to remember how different he was to me at the start. He was so respectful and courteous and admiring, before the lying, cheating, belittling and twisting my every words. Hes the only man who ever wrote to me, and I used to imagine looking back on those emails in the distant future, like old fashioned women used to keep their love letters in a shoebox wrapped with ribbon. Well, I just archived them :D:D:D
    The best man won and the right person is out there for everyone ❤ never doubt it!

Pubside watching the Utd game, should have stayed at home.:(
    Sorry to hear about your dog, Eviltwin, Hugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Well, everything is going pear shaped. Just in time for Christmas. Starting to wonder if I’m the common denominator...

Homeside really just depressed. Was looking forward to this year. But will power through.

Thoughts to all of you who are having a difficult time. Christmas is not always so easy!

Just read one of my ex's old love-emails from last year because my fiance was asking me about him. Didnt expect to feel anything but I felt strange to remember how different he was to me at the start. He was so respectful and courteous and admiring, before the lying, cheating, belittling and twisting my every words. Hes the only man who ever wrote to me, and I used to imagine looking back on those emails in the distant future, like old fashioned women used to keep their love letters in a shoebox wrapped with ribbon. Well, I just archived them :D:D:D
    The best man won and the right person is out there for everyone ❤ never doubt it!

Delete delete delete!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Well, everything is going pear shaped. Just in time for Christmas. Starting to wonder if I’m the common denominator...

Homeside really just depressed. Was looking forward to this year. But will power through.

Thoughts to all of you who are having a difficult time. Christmas is not always so easy!

Hope it turns around for you Fluffy , and you get through it ok . It isn't an easy time for a lot of people , for varying different reasons , hope everyone gets through it as best they can .

Home , putting off wrapping presents until I can find a scissors .

bubblypop wrote: »
    Delete delete delete!!!

Why...?

Take care Fluffy, think positive and I'm sure things will work out. This time of the year can be hard for a lot of reasons but you will get through it. Sending you a big hug.:)

Why...?

No good can come from reading old boyfriends love emails!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Procrastinating, was going to do the big shop today...now it looks like it will be tomorrow morning early!!!

Worst part of hosting Christmas dinner is the manic shopping.

Stress to get parking, stress to get a trolley, stress to find items, stress to queue to pay, stress to get out of carpark!

Yes I know you do easter dinner, but it's not the feckin same!

Sorry I may have drifted into trivial annoyances :)

Procrastinating, was going to do the big shop today...now it looks like it will be tomorrow morning early!!!

Worst part of hosting Christmas dinner is the manic shopping.

Stress to get parking, stress to get a trolley, stress to find items, stress to queue to pay, stress to get out of carpark!

Yes I know you do easter dinner, but it's not the feckin same!

Sorry I may have drifted into trivial annoyances :)

I would love to host a Christmas dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Pm me your address, what time should we be there for? :D

Ah I know what you are saying but supermarket shopping doesn't fill me with joy at the best of times :)

Pm me your address, what time should we be there for? :D

Ah I know what you are saying but supermarket shopping doesn't fill me with joy at the best of times :)

Gladly :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside fuming

*hugs* sorry to hear that, pm is always open if you wanna chat.

Things are slowly cracking here as well......I really wish that 41 year old man child numpty alcoholic moron pathetic excuse of a brother would just F off! :mad: he's upsetting everyone :mad:.

Feel like leaving myself :mad:

Sorry :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm doing a vigil with my dog. He's due to be put to sleep on Monday but he slipped into unconsciousness about an hour ago and will probably pass tonight. I know its nothing compared to some of the things some of you are dealing with but I feel absolutely distraught at the thought of him not being here.
    Base...1, I think. A little bit jaded. Nice but very late night with my fiance last night (or the night before? What day is it,)
    Sometime in.tbe early hours of one of the blurry days recently my friend told me about his "expiry date". He knows, for a fact, that hes going to die within about 8 months. He said Im the first person hes told. Its complicated.every time I try to think about it someone walks in and Im distracted. Theres never any time. Im sure every one of you knows all about it. Its the nature of life, too slow and too fast at the same time.
    I dont know where Im going or where I am. Listening to Stereo Hearts by gym class heros for the bit about "appreciate every mix tape your friends make ".
    Guy Person wrote: »
    Sorry Widdershins. :(
    As I eluded to in my TH post the other day, my mother will die in 2020, possibly early 2020 judging by the state of her recently. The only real advice I can give you, and I'm sure you already know this, is to let him know how much he means to you and give him a hug every time you see him. And if you ever want anyone to talk to I am only ever a PM away.

*hugs* for all three of ye

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Time to get myself ready for the trundle. Brought the missus to the station this morning. No one at home now but me and my teddy bear for the week.. If that's the hardest I face I'm blessed really, thoughts with those of you struggling *all of the hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Put me on the invite list. I haven't had a christmas dinner cooked for me since 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

High stool in the pub. Slummin it with a rockshore if the lager snobbery thread is to believed.

• Advertisement

Huggles for you, Seph. Youre very strong. Im cross with that brother. They never even give it a rest for Christmas.

Not up to anything here. Just resting

Big hug, Fluffy x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement