Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie [Netflix] - *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thought that myself but it is six years later, trying to pretend that it is a short while after Jesse escaped.
    You would think they would do a bit of CGI stuff to help things?

I was thinking you could explain that away by the gap when Walter was in his cabin in the mountain, but he helped dealing with Elliot and Gretchen and didn't look like that

On a similar note but a question that maybe doesn't need to be answered, I take it this thread won't need any spoiler tags? You might get the odd person wondering if they'll "get" the movie without seeing BB but 6 years after the finale surely means it's a free for all by now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Skinny Pete has definitely been aged,

I thought he always looked old and a bit out of place as Jesse's friend who is meant to be out of school recently enough. The actor is 48 now, Aaron/Jessie is 39 (40 tomorrow!), Matt Jones/Badger is 37.

This page says Jesse was 25 in the finale

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Jesse_Pinkman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Lets not forget Skinny Pete is a meth head. That's bound to make you look much older.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Unlikely, but hope Skinny Pete gets to play the piano again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,578 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Going back to the OP
    rubadub wrote: »
    Just reading this on IMDB

Untitled Breaking Bad Movie

Although Bryan Cranston's character of Walter White died in the ending of Season 5, he is confirmed to return for this film. It is unknown how he will be revived or will just simply appear before the events of Breaking Bad (2008), which might focus on his past.

Where was it ever confirmed that Walter died?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Going back to the OP

Where was it ever confirmed that Walter died?:confused:

I even remember an interview with Bryan Cranston where he said he didn't think he was dead

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In the episode of BB where Jessie buys the red sh*tbox car in S2, his attention is first brought to another car there which is an El Camino.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I even remember an interview with Bryan Cranston where he said he didn't think he was dead

If its the same interview he just meant you didnt see him in a bodybag so you cant be sure

Id prefer him to be dead tbh, a cameo in the form of a flashback or being like The Joker in Arkham Knight as a halucination would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

it would be a bit pointless to have walter alive, as these shows go they could make it either way, but i think he tied all the lose ends in final episode cash with eliot gretchen, told skyler where hank was buried.

it would be funny thou if they pulled some scene where jessie was still in school in walts class - as suggested it could be event from before bb began :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The thing about the whole WW being alive or dead is that it’s got Gilligan writing it. I can’t think of a single time in BB or BCS where he completely jumped the shark. I’ve very high hopes for the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The thing about the whole WW being alive or dead is that it’s got Gilligan writing it. I can’t think of a single time in BB or BCS where he completely jumped the shark. I’ve very high hopes for the movie.

Yeah he seems to have sense where to know to draw the line - most of the time.
    But there was an episode in BB with the fly that was kinda pointless, and the one in BCS which had montages of brushing of teeth that went on too long - too self indulgent.

Besides that I cannot think of anything that was particularly annoying.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

But there was an episode in BB with the fly that was kinda pointless,

The fly episode was class :). For me the fly was sort of like walt's anxiety, as in what it represented, his conscience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The fly episode was class :). For me the fly was sort of like walt's anxiety, as in what it represented, his conscience.

Also acted as a representation of how obsessed he was with control over everything. Definitely not a pointless episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I believe the fly episode is what is known in the industry (television) as a bottle episode... these type of episodes, can often not only stand out but be some of the shows best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

batgoat wrote: »
    Also acted as a representation of how obsessed he was with control over everything. Definitely not a pointless episode.

That was the way they spun it (no pun intended).
    The reality was they ran out of money and needed cheap filer to stretch things a bit.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

batgoat wrote: »

It was definitely padding though. Completely skipable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Mr.S wrote: »
    Shockingly boring episode, anyone who liked that is kidding themselves :p
    It wasnt that bad good for few laughs.

Jessie: you scared the **** out of me, when you say contamination i think its ebola leak or smth :D:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

That's amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Kinda makes you think it’s not the Walter White evolution but the Jesse Pinkman one.

Kinda makes you think it’s not the Walter White evolution but the Jesse Pinkman one.

It certainly is looking that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Who is going back to check the BB series finale? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Walter made up the 9 unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Mr E wrote: »
    Who is going back to check the BB series finale? :)

I'm going to try and squeeze in the whole of the last series.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Mike has a role in the film too. He mentioned it at the Emmys :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Penfailed wrote: »
    Mike has a role in the film too. He mentioned it at the Emmys :)

Flashbacks confirmed so I'm sure we'll get a sight of Walter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad, has revealed that a total of 10 characters from the series will appear in the upcoming movie.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Story is coming to Netflix in under a month, and we're starting to learn a little bit more about it

In a lengthy interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Gilligan refused to name any of the 10 characters that will appear, but the publication did reveal that both Badger and Skinny Pete would make an appearance.

https://www.her.ie/entertainment/looks-like-10-breaking-bad-characters-will-appear-upcoming-movie-el-camino-482170

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just re-watched all of BB recently.

That car is the one that Jessie rides off into the sunset in at the end, it's an El Camino.

Advertisement