Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭forumdedum

kop-end wrote: »
    So it looks like the new trims will have the ‘play and pause’ pedals? I couldn’t see this spec on mew trim list and also doesn’t appear in the images for the new interior trim.

Perhaps they're using photos from the 1sts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

Anyone else got the update notification today "Digital Manual Installation completed"

I remember when I first got the car that a similar notification appeared for the manual, so looks like there's been a second update to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

cannco253 wrote: »
    Anyone else got the update notification today "Digital Manual Installation completed"

I remember when I first got the car that a similar notification appeared for the manual, so looks like there's been a second update to it.

Got that over the weekend.

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I've gotten this from day 1
    image.png

At times it says it's installing, but shortly after it always fails and gives me that error.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I've gotten this from day 1
    image.png

At times it says it's installing, but shortly after it always fails and gives me that error.

Ive had that aswell, but I'm in and out with the dealer trying to get the infotainment unit fixed anyway. Not sure if it's related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

I have a new fault:

Child Lock Fault.

The rear passenger door would not open from the inside or "haptically" from the outside. If you force it as a normal door, it opens.

Anyone else have this?

I suppose it will have to go back annoyingly to be checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Anyone have any luck wrangling some freebies from the dealer? I wouldn't mind a boot liner and the rubber floor mats, but I don't particularly want to pay VW prices

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

forumdedum wrote: »
    Perhaps they're using photos from the 1sts?

But the dash has the brown trim which is not on the 1st editions.... the plot thickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭eagerv

Anyone have any luck wrangling some freebies from the dealer? I wouldn't mind a boot liner and the rubber floor mats, but I don't particularly want to pay VW prices

The time to wrangle a few freebies is before you agree on a deal, but no harm in trying anyway.

Too easy for them to say no, once you have shaken hands (Or whatever we do now):)

Down South wrote: »
    Ive had that aswell, but I'm in and out with the dealer trying to get the infotainment unit fixed anyway. Not sure if it's related

What, other than the manual not downloading, needs fixing on your infotainment unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

What, other than the manual not downloading, needs fixing on your infotainment unit?

It goes through phases of turning off and on and Android Auto not connecting. Brought it in. They did a software upgrade and it was fine for a week. Brought it in last Thursday and its working fine now. They think it's being caused by the update errors. Back in tomorrow for more tests and may result in new infotainment unit.

eagerv wrote: »
    The time to wrangle a few freebies is before you agree on a deal, but no harm in trying anyway.

Too easy for them to say no, once you have shaken hands (Or whatever we do now):)

True enough, I'm hoping to garner some sympathy since me car has been repeatedly delayed and I got €250 less on trade in that I'd been told originally

In any case, I won't be buying them off VW Ireland as they can be bought cheaper online

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’ve emailed Vw Ireland to enquire about changing the dashboards. Probably a useless idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Anyone know if 1st models are actually finished? It's been said all along that they wouldn't be available after the first bunch and that seems to be the case from chatter on here re dealers. Yet I've seen multiple UK people on Facebook still ordering them - just saw one person this morning delighted their 1st was being built now. Was initial availability just limited in Ireland or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭forumdedum

pad199207 wrote: »
    I’ve emailed Vw Ireland to enquire about changing the dashboards. Probably a useless idea ;)

They should see it as good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

CEO of VW takes an ID4 and says he normally drives an ID3.
    If that doesn't show everyone the future direction of the company, i don't know what does.

2AQex2V.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

CEO of VW takes an ID4 and says he normally drives an ID3.
    If that doesn't show everyone the future direction of the company, i don't know what does.

2AQex2V.png

It's all very well for him. When his ID.3 software goes FUBAR he has no problem getting it fixed. Not like some of us. :mad:

That's probably why he's in the ID.4 today. :D

It's all very well for him. When his ID.3 software goes FUBAR he has no problem getting it fixed. Not like some of us. :mad:

That's probably why he's in the ID.4 today. :D

anim_63.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Liam2021

But the dash has the brown trim which is not on the 1st editions.... the plot thickens

In process of doing a deal on a blue id4. The dealer has clarified the dash will be brown on the life version unfortunately. He is also throwing in a boot liner in the deal, how much is a boot liner

Liam2021 wrote: »
    In process of doing a deal on a blue id4. The dealer has clarified the dash will be brown on the life version unfortunately. He is also throwing in a boot liner in the deal, how much is a boot liner

€76 from Wexford VW

See if you can get some rubber floor mats as well, handy for when the kids have mucky boots on

• Advertisement

Nice! What was the estimated delivery date? 12 weeks?

Nice! What was the estimated delivery date? 12 weeks?

Garage had one coming in mid June

€76 from Wexford VW

See if you can get some rubber floor mats as well, handy for when the kids have mucky boots on

Kids won't be let in with mucky boots on

Garage had one coming in mid June

That’s a serious quick delivery date, I’m hearing 12 weeks for most specs at the moment.
    What swung the choice between the 77kwh Life and the 52kw Style? The battery?
    I have been looking at both and as a short-run 90% city driver I was thrown between all the extras in the Style but then the extra KMs on the Life !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

I was given a date of at least 12 weeks :(

That’s a serious quick delivery date, I’m hearing 12 weeks for most specs at the moment.
    What swung the choice between the 77kwh Life and the 52kw Style? The battery?
    I have been looking at both and as a short-run 90% city driver I was thrown between all the extras in the Style but then the extra KMs on the Life !!!!

We went with the life 77kw for the battery mainly. We do short runs but if I am doing a long run I don't want to be worrying about the range. Also I did not think there was much extra on the style, cosmetic stuff lights, camera. Thinking about resale also.

pad199207 wrote: »
    I was given a date of at least 12 weeks :(

I was too. The garage had a white, blue, grey coming in for July delivery so I hit to pick the one I wanted.

New life version on an Irish car site. Seats are a lot darker and comes with brown dash but looks very well.

I've gone from having issues getting the car to charge when using the scheduler, to now having issues getting the car to not charge until the scheduled time arrives. Not sure to start until after midnight yet it's started already. App won't stop charge either, had to head outside twice now. At this rate I'll just plug it in as close to bed at I can.

• Advertisement

I've gone from having issues getting the car to charge when using the scheduler, to now having issues getting the car to not charge until the scheduled time arrives. Not sure to start until after midnight yet it's started already. App won't stop charge either, had to head outside twice now. At this rate I'll just plug it in as close to bed at I can.

Do you have the "charge immediately" percentage set? I think it defaults to 50%

My understanding is if you're below that level it'll charge before the allowed time

Advertisement