Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I had that warning pop up on the M6 over the weekend. I just switched off lane assist then. I don't like that feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭micks_address

does the adaptive cruise still slow the car to 80 when you pass an exit like the m4 applegreen if you are doing 120? the traffic sign recognition spots the speed limit on the slip road and dips down… can be scary the first time it does it.. also does the pro plus have blind spot detection? i dont have it on my gtx but its a nice feature.. had it on my last tiguan and octavia before that

No, I didn't hit that problem where it slows down at the wrong time (e.g. near slipways like you say) but I did get it when entering actual lower-speed zones such as approaching the toll booths or when the speed limit drops to 100kph on the Athlone bypass. However it seems better implemented with the new software, the car doesn't hit the brakes, rather it slows down more gently as it approaches the lower speed limit (I've experienced the scenarios you mention in my MK8 GTI).

No, the car doesn't have blind spot detection oddly enough. Just looking at the product guide, its part of a €1600 "Assistant Package Plus" pack .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Fair enough, but from a tech standpoint there's a lot of significant improvements

I'd call it more of a brain transplant myself 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

That seems too cheap. Fronts maybe, but rears are silly money.

With that said, what tyres are folks putting on these days? Still Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3? They look like €220 each for rears and a nice €123 for fronts from Oponeo. Anything better value out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 reddamper

Delighted that I stumbled across this forum and specifically this ID4 thread. Hello. :)

I ordered a Pro Plus back in April with delivery hopefully in July.

I see there are a few lads on here who have already taken delivery of the 2024 model.

I test drove a 2023 model which was obviously the older spec. I've seen a couple of 2024s on the back of a vehicle transporter but not any up close. (I did spot that the front wings did not appear to have the Pro badges)

Can anyone tell me if the Pro Plus has an electric tailgate and also does it have a variable boot floor ?

Also can confirm that the 2.9% PCP deal was available on the Pro Plus in late April.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭seandugg

No issues really with gear changing.

Dealer has replied that a new module 9 is required, waiting to hear on parts wait time.

Car is less than 30days since purchase so option to return/ refund. Should I draw a line under it and move on?

yes, it has the electric tailgate.

The boot floor isn’t variable but there’s a good-sized storage area under the floor for your charging cable, toolkit, small bits and pieces.

Yes, we got 2.9%, I believe it applies at least until the 242 registrations period.

I think the variable boot floor is available in one of the options. Maybe Comfort pack, the names of the packs can seem pretty unrelated to what they contain

Thanks for the info. I ordered the 20 inch wheels, panoramic roof and one of the comfort packs which on closer inspection only appears to be the air con vents in the back. 😀 Anyway absolutely can't wait for it to land. Will be sad to see my ateca go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭fafy

Herself getting ID 4 Pro Plus, told today, it has arrived in Ireland, ordered in late April also, waiting to hear when it will arrive in early June, but they will hold registration until 242 July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tribal Wardfare

Hi All - I just picked up my 2023 ID4 car that has been in getting fixed for 6 weeks. When they got the car it was at about 30% and when I picked it up they hadn’t charged it and it was at 14%. mileage since they had it has only been about 40km so they obviously never charged it at all. I am furious that they hadn’t and likely have had it below 20% for a significant length of time. How concerned and angry should I be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

anyone know how much VW charges for replacement door locks?

both locks on the driver side were replaced under warranty, now just out of warranty and the driver door is acting up a bit.

I'll question this when the car goes in, as no way the mechanism should be failing…again…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

How concerned and angry should I be?

in terms of battery damage.. zero concern

in terms of customer service… depends on how cranky you are! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tribal Wardfare

Anger just increased as when the customer service person got into the car while I charged it, she couldn’t open the door to get out. No problem with the known car door problems before but now it has occurred I am not leaving with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭pad199207

Same things happened to ours. Door opening repeatedly, even after being “fixed”

Never picked it up off them this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭robbe

Hi there,

Driving a 221 D PRO 77KWH and a few days ago updated my app….noticed a notification saying I had no mobile data plan in place (news to me)….then requested that I update the app which I did and now I can't see the charge level on my app. Has anyone experienced the same and managed to resolve? I did a search down boards and beyond and can't seem to fix (I stopped short of deleting the app and reinstalling but it's probably the next step I'll try). Dreading calling the VW helpdesk as when I had an issue some time ago they weren't exactly helpful. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sometimes it helps if you remove the car from the app and then add it again

Also make sure you've signed into your account on the car (adding it to the app will do this again)

Same. I ordered towards the end of April, spoke to salesman on Thursday this week, gave me the comm number (not sure what I can do with it) and said to give him a call in 3 weeks time which in mid June. Yeah will probably hang on for a 242 plate if it gets here early. 😀

Got the car back from getting the door seal fixed and now the rear camera has gone all psychedelic. I'll get rainbow coloured bits, particularly on white areas

I'll see if I can get a picture later, the other cameras seem fine, just the rear

I'm guessing it's probably a loose cable, anyone seen that before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭id.4 fan

Personally I’d be seriously pissed too, that’s just pure neglect on the dealers behalf.

I’d actually go as far as naming and shaming that dealer.

Practice what you breech!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭id.4 fan

I’m very interested in what VW will charge you for replacing the locking mechanism. I too had both locks replaced under warranty but I do expect they will fail again in another 60/70k.
    I think VW’s door setup is just crap to be honest.

A friend of mine replaced all four actuators on his out of warranty ID.4 with aftermarket ones specifically designed for the ID and he hasn't had any problems since. That was 50k ago. I think he paid around €400 for the four and the job is doable but not easy. Hardest part is not breaking the clips on the door panels.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

wouldn’t be bothered at all.
    is the car fixed. That’s the main issue.

Tried deleting the car from the app and adding it back again and no luck….pain in the hole. A lengthy, frustrating call with the helpline beckons…….if I get any useful info that might assist others I'll post. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Killed

Go into the app and buy the "we charge", it's free but just go through the steps. Charging function should reappear on the app afterwards.

Hi - did that and no change (it appeared as already in place on the store page so wasn't available for me to order. I called the helpdesk and they said it was a known issue…..that was Monday and no resolution as of yet……

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭gossamerfabric

145kW peak charging now available on id.3 pure 52kWh so maybe it will come to the id.4 52kWh too via OTA update.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭ted1

not to concerned about peak. I’d like to see a better curve.
    seems to tip along at 50 kw most the time.
    only 1 or 2 did I get over 100kw. And that was with a SOC below 15% on a sunny day after driving over 220km.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭gossamerfabric

145kW claimed for ID.3 52kWh is at a temperature of 23 degrees and a 5% SoC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

what is the waiting time when you added the panoramic sunroof?

Advertisement