Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Ionity rate saga update below.

I've sent them a reply with a link - are there any dealers still advertising the discounted rates on their websites?

Dear Mr XYZ,

Thank you very much for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services with regards to your inquiry about the tariff plans.

We would like to inform you that we have received a reply from our legal department regarding this inquiry. The legal team confirmed that there are no discounted tariffs for Ireland.

In case you insist this has been advertised, please be so kind to provide the link of the source, which has been advertised, as a reply to this email.

We apologise for any inconvenience and we would like to thank you in advance for your patience, while out team was investigating the inquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Anyone have any ideas?

Your dealer was supposed to set it up for you, mine apologised that he didn’t he said they are supposed to have it set up before delivery/collection.

But anyway how I got mine to eventually work was to make a new WeConnect ID account & it worked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Back from my first long run, went for a spin from Swords to Castlebellingham and back

I forgot to grab the stats, but the average was 21kWh/100km (210Wh/km) of mostly motorway driving with a fair bit of traffic. Heating was set to 21C and drivers seat heater on lowest level. I'm pretty happy with that, would have no reservations about driving from Dublin to Cork or further

I used the Travel Assist all the way, had it set to 110 except when overtaking and I set it to 120 to avoid hogging the right lane :)

Travel Assist was seamless the whole way, it only missed a beat going over Malahide estuary where there was some strong gusts. I've found it seems to be correcting a lot but if I put my hand on the steering wheel it doesn't feel as bad, I guess I feel more in control of the car that way

Road noise seems a bit loud above 110, I guess those 21 inch alloys are to blame. It was windy and rainy though so roads are generally noisier then

I still haven't got the seat in the right position, my leg was cramping up a bit towards the end :(

Overall, I'm really impressed, the car is really relaxing to drive long distance, but can be lively when you need it to be

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

And still no pics...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Road noise seems a bit loud above 110, I guess those 21 inch alloys are to blame..

Anyone check what the price for a set of tyres for those are? What are the other dimensions of the tyres?

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    Anyone check what the price for a set of tyres for those are? What are the other dimensions of the tyres?

18" on the City
    19" on the Style, Life, Business, Family, Tech, Max
    20" on the 1st
    21" on the 1st Max

I've plugged in to the home charger and am currently getting 8km/h, which I think works out as 1.7kW???

Should be getting 7kW I would think?

EDIT: I haven't pressed the option to reduce AC current, I pressed it and nothing happened

18" on the City
    19" on the Style, Life, Business, Family, Tech, Max
    20" on the 1st
    21" on the 1st Max

I meant the dimensions of the tyres. What size are the 21" tyres?.... e.g. 225/45/R21 etc?

How much is a set of those tyres? Saucy I'd say!

I've plugged in to the home charger and am currently getting 8km/h, which I think works out as 1.7kW???

Should be getting 7kW I would think?

EDIT: I haven't pressed the option to reduce AC current, I pressed it and nothing happened

Yea, its about 1.7kW alright. Even if they gave you the wrong cable (16A vs 32A) it would still do better than that. Something not right there.

Is it a dumb charge point or one with load sensing?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

I meant the dimensions of the tyres. What size are the 21" tyres?.... e.g. 225/45/R21 etc?

The tyre on my ID.4 1st are
    Pirelli 255/45 R20 101T rear
    Pirelli 235/50 R20 100T front

A google search from tyre suppliers gives a price of from approx €190 per tyre. That seems to be for supply only.

• Advertisement

A quick look at the brochure says.... 235/45 R21 in front, 255/40 R21 in rear

Quick look at an online tyre site puts those rear tyres starting at €150 a corner. Anything like Uniroyal or Bridgestone's you are looking at €200+

Interestingly, the fronts are more expensive. They must be an odd size.... they start at €245+

And of course add fitting to those prices so ~€1k for a set.

Yea, its about 1.7kW alright. Even if they gave you the wrong cable (16A vs 32A) it would still do better than that. Something not right there.

Is it a dumb charge point or one with load sensing?

It's a thick cable so I'm fairly sure it'll take 32A. Much thicker than the Leaf's cable which is rated for 16A

Charger is an EO Mini without load balancing, so it should just give it full power

I'm up to 14km/h now. Maybe it ramps up slowly at a new charger location to test the limit?

It's a thick cable so I'm fairly sure it'll take 32A. Much thicker than the Leaf's cable which is rated for 16A

Charger is an EO Mini without load balancing, so it should just give it full power

I'm up to 14km/h now. Maybe it ramps up slowly at a new charger location to test the limit?

It jumps around a small bit initially but within the first min it should settle at the 7kW rate.

This is slow AC charging so it doesnt really need to test the waters, it should just go at max rate within a few seconds if thats what the charge point says it can deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

As was indicated previously in the thread, those tyre prices make VW's L package service plan very attractive, in that it not only covers a set of tyres, but also a service, wipers, brake pads/fluid, and pollen filter for €648.

Price one of the 20" Turanza's on my ID.4 and the cheapest where I am was €280 a tyre fitted.

https://vwserviceplans.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

colhickey wrote: »
    As was indicated previously in the thread, those tyre prices make VW's L package service plan very attractive, in that it not only covers a set of tyres, but also a service, wipers, brake pads/fluid, and pollen filter for €648.

Price one of the 20" Turanza's on my ID.4 and the cheapest where I am was €280 a tyre fitted.

https://vwserviceplans.ie/

Agreed. Thanks for the link. In for a penny, in for €648.00.

It jumps around a small bit initially but within the first min it should settle at the 7kW rate.

This is slow AC charging so it doesnt really need to test the waters, it should just go at max rate within a few seconds if thats what the charge point says it can deliver.

Figured it out, I had a charging location set, I deleted the charging location and it's going full throttle now

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭trudub

Hey guys, picked up our id4 family last week. Happened quite quickly as test drove a 1st on 30th April and dealer had a family coming in soon so took the plunge. Looking forward to getting up to speed with everything as our first electric car. Early feedback is that it's quite impressive and is a lovely drive.

Right, I've set a timed charge for tonight from midnight to 8am. Departure is at 8am with air con set as well

I've enough charge regardless so we'll see if I have any success tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Right, I've set a timed charge for tonight from midnight to 8am. Departure is at 8am with air con set as well

It won't work. You're wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

Can anyone tell me if I can track my id4 from the factory. I have the vin number.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »

Hope springs eternal :)

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I can track my id4 from the factory. I have the vin number.

Unfortunately not, you need the dealership to get that details

The good news is that the car is being built if it has a VIN

But there's plenty of places it can get stuck, pretty sure I got a VIN over a month ago and just picked the car up yesterday

But there's plenty of places it can get stuck, pretty sure I got a VIN over a month ago and just picked the car up yesterday

Thanks for that. I may start tracking the boats coming in to dublin now

Oh yes best of luck with yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

TitianGerm wrote: »

That is just unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

I'm doing Dublin to Tralee today, disabled the charging location, departure time, etc and woke up to 100% battery. If I'd say a scheduled charge I think I'd have ended up between 70-90% and needing a charge on the way. The scheduled charging is rubbish, outside of that it's a great car

Multiple departure times set overnight. Charging from about 40%. Plugged in around 10pm. Max % at 80% and it's now at 76% but not charging. There's always a chance it'll start charging again coming towards my last departure time at 9.

Screenshot-2021-05-22-07-05-24-143-com-danielstone-energyhive.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Multiple departure times set overnight. Charging from about 40%. Plugged in around 10pm. Max % at 80% and it's now at 76% but not charging. There's always a chance it'll start charging again coming towards my last departure time at 9.

Screenshot-2021-05-22-07-05-24-143-com-danielstone-energyhive.jpg

It's such a bad system. The Ioniq wasn't very intuitive but it worked reliably, this is just charging roulette.

I'm doing Dublin to Traleay, disabled the charging location, departure time, etc and woke up to 100% battery. If I'd say a scheduled charge I think I'd have ended up between 70-90% and needing a charge on the way. The scheduled charging is rubbish, outside of that it's a great car

So I woke up at 3am last night and checked the car. Wasn't charging so I started the charge manually

Woke up at 4am to the fire alarm going off (unrelated and a false alarm, don't worry :)) and checked again. My previous command to start charging had failed so the car was charging at full speed now, 32km/h (7kW)

After sorting the fire alarm out (removed battery, threw under cushion) and getting kids back to sleep I checked again and the car was down to 20km/h (~4kW)

Checked again sometime around 8am departure and it was going slow at around 8km/h (1.7kW)

I ended up with 68% as opposed to the target of 80%. Luckily I don't need any more but it's pretty frustrating

I'll need to get my Zappi installed asap so I can do timed charging from the charger instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Is VWs own charger problematic? Or is it just the ID4?

Advertisement