Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

boccy23 wrote: »
    Will have it on when I head back to compare what effect it has.

Not a fair comparison though. Different weather - wind direction, speed, temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭pad199207

Quick question,

Is that a different shade of brown on the seats for the upcoming trims than the 1st editions?

63-DFD171-E2-D8-4088-92-A1-C1868-B4-A1288.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

pad199207 wrote: »
    Quick question,

Is that a different shade of brown on the seats for the upcoming trims than the 1st editions?

Looks like theres better lighting in the first photo so the brown looks brighter.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Looks like theres better lighting in the first photo so the brown looks brighter.

It’s a horrible shade on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

Quick question,

It looks like the Platinum Grey on the first editions
    Has been replaced by a darker shade called Soul.
    The Florence Brown colour remains though. They do look better in the flesh though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Robotfarmer

Go away with the A/C off. Live a little.

Was it windy? Was the road wet? They have a big influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It’s a horrible shade on the left

That's the colour in the First. I think it's actually decent in person.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's the colour in the First. I think it's actually decent in person.

The next trims will have the dashboard in that brown colour too and I’m a little worried that it may be too much for the interior

35-E961-D5-F938-4744-AF05-EA05-F2-F04060.jpg

The next trims will have the dashboard in that brown colour too and I’m a little worried that it may be too much for the interior

Weird, that's a 1st model with the brown dash. Agree though, that pic doesn't really appeal to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Didn't even spot that the interior was going to be a little darker in the next editions. Hopefully it's not too dark in the flesh. Had assumed it was pretty much the exact same bar spec. Was even said by the dealer it would be the same.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    Didn't even spot that the interior was going to be a little darker in the next editions. Hopefully it's not too dark in the flesh. Had assumed it was pretty much the exact same bar spec. Was even said by the dealer it would be the same.

Indeed. I thought the interior was going to be the same as the models we saw in the garage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Wow I just looked up the spec sheet. Another ridiculous limitation from VW

Indeed. I thought the interior was going to be the same as the models we saw in the garage

Yep, most wouldn’t have checked, like me, but here it is in the brochure.

kop-end wrote: »

Well spotted. I have been on fence about buying ID4. I could have lived with the brown on seats and door sides (just about) but the dash is overkill imo.

forumdedum wrote: »
    Wow I just looked up the spec sheet. Another ridiculous limitation from VW

So it looks like the new trims will have the ‘play and pause’ pedals? I couldn’t see this spec on mew trim list and also doesn’t appear in the images for the new interior trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Liam2021

There seems to be a contradiction between the brochure and the configurator .

Configurator say dash is platinum grey-soul
    Seats soul black-florence Brown
    Carpet soul black.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭crassusg

So it looks like the new trims will have the ‘play and pause’ pedals? I couldn’t see this spec on mew trim list and also doesn’t appear in the images for the new interior trim.

I've been looking at any available videos of the pro trims and the pedals don't have the play pause and I think the brown trim colour looks different on the manual Vs automatic seats.

Edit: here is a us pro vid dash I think is the same seats are not. https://youtu.be/2jg8DYR3lnM and https://youtu.be/l1B1sZqz2jo

crassusg wrote: »
    I've been looking at any available videos of the pro trims and the pedals don't have the play pause and I think the brown trim colour looks different on the manual Vs automatic seats.

Edit: here is a us pro vid dash I think is the same seats are not. https://youtu.be/2jg8DYR3lnM

Definitely looks more appealing in that video. Doesn’t look as orangey brown.

There’s a business edition on Carzone with the brown trim and it just looks really off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Definitely looks more appealing in that video. Doesn’t look as orangey brown.

There’s a business edition on Carzone with the brown trim and it just looks really off.

You know I get the feeling that whoever VW is getting to do their rendering online isn't very good

Seen this happen consistently, the ID.3 turquoise was green on the website. The manganese grey looks black, the brown on the ID.4 seats looks orange, etc.

I think until you see a real like video then you just can't be sure how it'll look

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭cannco253

I have a manganese grey ID.4 - it's more like a very dark grey or light black in reality, definitely not a light grey or silver colour so I'd agree with the above about being careful with the brochure.

• Advertisement

Cork to Athlone via motorway, turning off at thurlas.

Motorway section, 120km/hr actual speed on the motorway.
    IMG-20210510-111119.jpg

Full trip:
    IMG-20210510-163533.jpg

Arrived with 41% battery, and 180km on the display. Much more than expected.

Wanted to fast charge when we arrived but SOC is a bit high, and the kids were not having it.

Return leg today. 213km, 2.38hrs, 81km/hr average speed. 19kWh/100km. Impressed

Return leg today. 213km, 2.38hrs, 81km/hr average speed. 19kWh/100km. Impressed

You were not too far off a 400km range with that spin in the return leg. 81kmh average would be pretty standard for most. Impressed with this figures... thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

Drove back this evening. Comfort mode, 125 Km/hr on the motorway with A/C on and it averaged 22.6 kwhr/100kms. So only about 0.7 more than the Eco mode. That’s just under 200 kms on the motorway. 240 kms total.
    Happy with the usage and driving it is very enjoyable.

Got the commission number. Can I track using that? Where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭crassusg

Actually on the equipment list on the myVW page it says "
    Pedals in stainless steel, with play and pause symbols" so maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Liam2021

Going to order a life version tomorrow. We can't decide on the magnesium grey or the blue.
    Won't be adding the sliver trim for 719.
    Any one seen the blue in realty

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Going to order a life version tomorrow. We can't decide on the magnesium grey or the blue.

Yep, seen it close up and had a good look. It’s an absolutely cracking colour, this has the black roof so may look slightly different to the Life model you ordered but a really really nice colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I got the blue, reckon it's a really nice looking colour

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I ended up going for the manganese grey(it’s just a shade or two off black) with the silver trim. The blue is beautiful but ended up going for the manganese just to play it safe.

• Advertisement

There seems to be a contradiction between the brochure and the configurator .

Configurator say dash is platinum grey-soul
    Seats soul black-florence Brown
    Carpet soul black.

I have checked the configurator. All i can see is brown and silver dash. Really hope to be corrected. Serious lack of choice on such a pricey car.

Also did I see it's only a 1 year warranty?

Advertisement