Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,951 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wow and that makes them incompatible? How? You have native Irish who think the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

https://twitter.com/feeisboring/status/1160168324514365440?s=20

Seriously? Drogheda Gardaí threatening to rape and kill him?

Whatever about incompatibility, those tweets are embarrassing and just another case to add to the growing list of incidents I’ve seen around this area where the stereotypical “dindu nuffin” line is fired about. It’s always a video of “police brutality” with the lead up cropped off the top.

These kids think they are in London or the US the way they go on. They genuinely think that Gardaí are out to get them because they are black. It’s bizarre.

Travelers act the same way though. There’s legal due process still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

https://twitter.com/feeisboring/status/1160168324514365440?s=20

Drogheda police

https://twitter.com/feeisboring/st{ BREAK}atus/1160168324514365440?s=20

Recording devices will sort that out in court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Then there's Sweden, their left leaning party had their worst result in over 100yrs, and resigned their PM after the last general election results.

He is still Prime Minister.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Overheal wrote: »
    nthclare wrote: »
    I'd enjoy being one of those guard's with the batton.

Fight fire with fire, if I was a member of the force and my colleague was getting a hammering from scumbags, I'd go postal on the crettin.

A few broken ribs and maybe a few fractures would be appropriate.

Disrespect the law's of the land and assault the guards, get what's coming to you.

Nothing better than falling on your own sword and getting humbled I say.

The Ireland England match in the 90's when the boy's went in and beat the lard out of the English combatants is a clip I get a kick out of watching, very appropriate for inappropriate behaviour...
    And these are the red flags I am talking about.

Fortunately as far as your future in law enforcement you’d thankfully never pass the psych evaluation

Hypethically if ever a war breaks out or thing's go bad for society, I won't be standing there waving a white flag.

I'd be one of the people who you'd be glad is on your side, I would defend anyone who's in trouble.
    Including someone I particularly might not like.

I'm a peaceful moderate man, but respectfully my good man.
    There's standing up for your friends and colleagues and there's running away or being an onlooker....

I chose to fight for justice....

I see your point ok, my comment was probably a bit much about enjoying the foray of the guard's beating the combatants...

But come on you have to have a bit of alpha in your DNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Travelers act the same way though. There’s legal due process still.

All gougers act the same. False accusations are common, be they official or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Boggles wrote: »
    He is still Prime Minister.
    In a caretaker role, having lost a no-confidence vote and led the Social Democrats posted their worst election score in more than a century.

nthclare wrote: »
    Hypethically if ever a war breaks out or thing's go bad for society, I won't be standing there waving a white flag.

I'd be one of the people who you'd be glad is on your side, I would defend anyone who's in trouble.
    Including someone I particularly might not like.

I'm a peaceful moderate man, but respectfully my good man.
    There's standing up for your friends and colleagues and there's running away or being an onlooker....

I chose to fight for justice....

I see your point ok, my comment was probably a bit much about enjoying the foray of the guard's beating the combatants...

But come on you have to have a bit of alpha in your DNA

There’s alpha in your DNA and standing up for your friends - then there is going on about re-running old footage to fire up ones passion for kicking skulls in or cracking ribs.

Before you know it you have your own gang, because you’ve all been so riled up together, whether your Antifa or your Proud Boys or your Pedo-busting vigilantes, people all eager to mete our extrajudicial punishment. Bear in mind, most of the West is still reeling from I **** you not, Russian troll psyops designed to keep Americans for instance and probably other NATO countrymen split down the middle when it comes to distrusting their own governments, hence we have these rises in extremist groups in our own backyards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Russian troll psyops designed to keep Americans for instance and probably other NATO countrymen split down the middle when it comes to distrusting their own governments, hence we have these rises in extremist groups in our own backyards.

What pure drivel.:rolleyes:

CzUsMA_WgAI7efj.jpg

What pure drivel.:rolleyes:

meCzUsMA_WgAI7efj.jpg

No not really. There are indeed real Russian troll farms operating in the online media to distill that kind of sentiment. Contrary to your asinine meme, it actually has much less to do with hacking into things and much more to do with stirring the pot on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Whatever about incompatibility, those tweets are embarrassing and just another case to add to the growing list of incidents I’ve seen around this area where the stereotypical “dindu nuffin†line is fired about. It’s always a video of “police brutality†with the lead up cropped off the top.

These kids think they are in London or the US the way they go on. They genuinely think that Gardaí are out to get them because they are black. It’s bizarre.

Think back to the water meter protests. The protesters felt that they were the victims. They honestly seemed to believe that shouting "peaceful protest" after shouting racial and /threatening abuse at the meter installers protected them from the law. Each & every protester that ended up in back of a squad car felt that the Gardai were in the wrong & were heavy handed.

There is nothing unusual in people blaming the Gardai for being too rough in trying to get them in the back of the car. Happens literally every day of the week all over Ireland

No not really. There are indeed real Russian troll farms operating in the online media to distill that kind of sentiment. Contrary to your asinine meme, it actually has much less to do with hacking into things and much more to do with stirring the pot on social media.

You need to get off your computer.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Is it any wonder that these youth lash out when they are completely victimised and marginalised by our society.

Imagine that you and your friends can't even enjoy a night out without gardai interfering and arrssting/assaulting you for no reason.

I'm not condoning the assault on the Garda but I can understand the frustration where it came from.

You need to get off your computer.:rolleyes:

Or maybe you need to open a broadsheet once in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Troll trying to deflect with sh1te talk about Russians? FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Think back to the water meter protests. The protesters felt that they were the victims. They honestly seemed to believe that shouting "peaceful protest" after shouting racial and /threatening abuse at the meter installers protected them from the law. Each & every protester that ended up in back of a squad car felt that the Gardai were in the wrong & were heavy handed.

There is nothing unusual in people blaming the Gardai for being too rough in trying to get them in the back of the car. Happens literally every day of the week all over Ireland

Shell 2 Sea protesters before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 1sttime1

Same gang attacked a completely innocent kid in Ashbourne, have threatened to cut a friend of mine's baby out of her stomach. Seriously I've seen these guys in action they are dangerous . Dont often say it but my heart goes out to any Garda dealing with the likes of this. quote="Pintman Paddy Losty;110943369"]Is it any wonder that these youth lash out when they are completely victimised and marginalised by our society.

Imagine that you and your friends can't even enjoy a night out without gardai interfering and arrssting/assaulting you for no reason.

I'm not condoning the assault on the Garda but I can understand the frustration where it came from.[/quote]

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

We’ve reached peak North Korea when it was suggested that a family are deported for being law abiding, because a little scrotum wasn’t.

• Advertisement

Or maybe you need to open a broadsheet once in a while.

I already get soft toilet rolls at a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Is it any wonder that these youth lash out when they are completely victimised and marginalised by our society.

I'm not condoning the assault on the Garda but I can understand the frustration where it came from.

They couldn't even be left kick the **** out of that homeless man, piss on him and have a few drinks after.

This is one of the worst ****e posts I have seen on this site and that is saying a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

This is one of the worst ****e posts I have seen on this site and that is saying a lot.

Paddy like talking about sh1te, looks like he also likes talking sh1te also.

MrFresh wrote:
    Shell 2 Sea protesters before that.

Gardai shot dead a member of a gang involved in holding up cash in transit vans around 15 years ago. An armed robber. I heard someone exclaim "Jesus the man was only doing a day's work" when hearing the news. Another time a young joy rider killed a Gardai. A passenger died in the stolen car too. I was asked to buy a fund raising ticket. I jumped at the chance, assuming that it was for the Garda,s wife and children. Funding was going to the joyrider.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

In a caretaker role, having lost a no-confidence vote and led the Social Democrats posted their worst election score in more than a century.

No.

He is Prime Minister of Sweden.

This isn't very hard fact check.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

I must admit when reading this initially, my blood was boiling but alas take ten minutes to gather your thoughts.
    A few things of interest came to me, out of all the reading of the current 13pages.

This is not new Gardai or any authority organisation (that is equal to Gardai here and now) has been attacked since the dawn time as we know it.
    When I was a teen I remember a lad from school flying kick a Garda as he was down on his knees, that was about 15/18 yrs ago now. He had to deal with a Garda Liason Officer if I recall correctly and some minor punishments..
    So nothing new here at all in that sense.

One of the many problems then and now is judicial failings from the government. (whatever way you want to see it.. lack of prisons, not the right kind of reform being taught, poverty, so on and on yada yada yada)

Read the local paper how many IRISH Joe Soaps or Jane Doe's are in the court room month in and month out with convictions in seriously high figures.
    There is people on the streets of Ireland right now with 60 convictions!
    Not all will be serious but I bet there is at least 1% of 60 convictions in the serious bracket....
    How can we justify keeping them on the streets.. (refer to previous paragraph) What is the highest number of convictions people have ever seen int he local paper??
    I bet it's even more than 60 convictions and still gets a light sentence or some years off.. Even though someone with amount of convictions, will they change? Even if some do, most probably not?

So considering the above what message does that send out?

The reference made in previous comments about cultural differences interests me in a few spaces.
    We never hear of Polish, Spanish, or any other nation gangs. Fear or it does not happen?
    I can speak for what I have heard!!
    A group African youths causing trouble in my local county last Xmas and more recently of a gang with a fight club, Whites vs blacks allegedly!! Supposedly Ferrybank in Waterford.

Smoke without fire? I don't hear these about Polish,Chinese or other nations. Yes you hear this about Irish born & Irish Travellers too but not other nations.
    http://www.munster-express.ie/front-page-news/council-slammed-for-turning-blind-eye-to-ferrybank-%E2%80%98fight-club%E2%80%99/

Only place left that has any mention of it.. (checked wlrfm facebook for around the time of the article and beat 102 103 facebook page too and none of them have anything about it.)

To my other thought how I think cultural differences do tie in.
    When we look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate.
    We see Mexico has three districts in the top 5.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/22/americas/mexico-murders-2017/index.html.
    Regardless what you think of CNN or FOX or whatever..
    Those are some staggering figures.

Put that kind of level of violence in close too or spilling into neighbouring state.
    Is it all perception? Can America really be suffering from an influx of violence we hear from the nation above? And when we reference films most have African Americans fearing Hispanics? why? level of violence they will stoop too if far greater than what you will do?

Then we look at the perception or is it perception of Russian people!
    Are they much tougher than us soft EU folk? or is it fact!
    Cultural difference have made most Russians be perceived this way maybe?

I do think there is merit somewhere to this cultural difference perspective.
    However I don't know how you would go about solving these youths/thugs in the video.. They need help, beaten, education, prison even.. (each will have their own opinion on this)

Look at it differently, do all colours go together? Do you have a green kitchen with red tiles? (house building brain sorry but I hope you get the idea) Or a blue door and black house.. Not every culture can integrate is what I see. Without some serious thought to HOW? WHAT? IE.. what needs do these people have? yada yada long list....

Another example: Sweden. (Cultural differences)?
    https://www.politico.eu/article/sweden-bombings-grenade-attacks-violent-reality-undoing-peaceful-self-image-law-and-order/

Another
    Knife crime culture mainly African youths in London..
    (just Google it)

I think you should kinda get it now.. Not all Colours can be just lobbed together and expect to make it work. Serious considerations are needed.

Failing of the Irish Government and its People?

That's Crime cultural difference then there is work, food, yada yada.

Indians in Ireland highly educated Nurse's/Doctors/Engineers/Science or some sort of food store (restaurant, grocer, take away ect..) For the most..
    You will never see them as the blockie or the carpenter for example!! yes?
    So cultural difference? why not see them as a plumber?

Ireland is soft to tackle crime from other cultures because it has bad history in tackling it's own crime...
    That was a long post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Boggles wrote: »
    No.
    He is Prime Minister of Sweden.
    This isn't very hard fact check.
    Fair enough he was ousted, but managed (somehow) to get back in earlier this year with a hung parliment type situation.

Any comment of his acheivement of leading the SDParty to their worst result in over 100yrs? Any chance this was related to crime and migration issues.

Ireland is soft to tackle crime from other cultures because it has bad history in tackling it's own crime... That was a long post...

It was a long post so I only tagged the last bit.

One of best posts if not the best post on the thread. Well thought out and balanced. Not even a hint of racism. Well done little man disorder. You have shown how to discus an issue without childish comments like "send them back or ship them out".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭enricoh

The rate for Nigerians only please. Stick with the goalpost set.

Hilarious, government report states 45% of Africans of working age are working.
    Your response : stop changing the goalposts, i wanted the percentage of nigerians working! Great stuff, keep it coming!

Advertisement