Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

enricoh wrote: »
    Hilarious, government report states 45% of Africans of working age are working.
    Your response : stop changing the goalposts, i wanted the percentage of nigerians working! Great stuff, keep it coming!

Maybe because the original claim was made about Nigerians. The poster was asked to back up the claim with facts proving his unemployment claim about Nigerian people in ireland. He failed to.do that.

This problem has been spoke about for years now and goes unchallenged for fear of being label a racist.

If these lads are not born Ireland and are acting like this we should deport them back to where they are from and let them be a pain in the ass for their home country.

BUT there is plenty of black Irish people in 2019 so they could very well be plain old Irish scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The reference made in previous comments about cultural differences interests me in a few spaces.
    We never hear of Polish, Spanish, or any other nation gangs. Fear or it does not happen?
    I can speak for what I have heard!!

You may not have heard of issues with gangs consisting of other nationalities but that doesn't mean they weren't around. People tend to cluster in near homogeneous groups when they are new to an area. Romanians, Polish, Lithuanians, Chinese, English. There have been gangs of these nationalities linked to different types of criminal enterprises. It's not because they are genetically or culturally drawn to commit these crimes, it's just a group dynamic thing. In places like Cherry Orchard, Ronanstown and Crumlin gangs of Irish lads have literally tried to murder Gardaí and there has been less outrage than there is here. So let's not pretend this is anything but racially motivated outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Fair enough he was ousted, but managed (somehow) to get back in earlier this year with a hung parliment type situation.

He is back in because he is leader of Swedens largest party.

No one would govern with the Neo Nazi Party.
    Any comment of his acheivement of leading the SDParty to their worst result in over 100yrs? Any chance this was related to crime and migration issues.

More to do with the wider European trend of voting for smaller parties and Independents which is shrinking the vote of the established ones.

Of course you can, and should, be angry. I'd look down at anyone who wouldn't be angry at a vicious assault on a Garda. But be angry because of the act, not because of the ethnicity of the person who did it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Boggles wrote: »
    He is back in because he is leader of Swedens largest party.
    Not buy much (worst result in 100yrs), and without any clear majority.
    More to do with the wider European trend of voting for smaller parties and Independents which is shrinking the vote of the established ones.
    Of course it is, it's 'just so trendy' to vote for smaller parties, no logic behind it other that fashionable, those hispters love indie cafes too.

C5rhVoq.png

Crime and migration might just have had something to do with it, this in a country where females are longer safe mixing with menfolk at music festivals. As Stockholm slips out of the top20 for quality of life city index.

]

migration might just have had something to do with it

Wasn't that important apparently.
    But it’s also interesting to note that immigration may not have turned out to be quite such an important factor to voters than expected. An exit poll ranking the issues citizens placed at the top of their agenda saw classic welfare topics such as healthcare, education, gender equality, law and order and elderly care come out on top. Migration and asylum came only eighth on the list. That might explain why the Sweden Democrats didn’t perform as well as predicted. It could also be read as a damning verdict on the current government, which appears to have failed to deliver the quality of public services Swedes expect.

https://www.svt.se/special/valu2018-valjarnas-viktigaste-fragor/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Overheal wrote: »
    nthclare wrote: »
    Hypethically if ever a war breaks out or thing's go bad for society, I won't be standing there waving a white flag.

I'd be one of the people who you'd be glad is on your side, I would defend anyone who's in trouble.
    Including someone I particularly might not like.

I'm a peaceful moderate man, but respectfully my good man.
    There's standing up for your friends and colleagues and there's running away or being an onlooker....

I chose to fight for justice....

I see your point ok, my comment was probably a bit much about enjoying the foray of the guard's beating the combatants...

But come on you have to have a bit of alpha in your DNA

There’s alpha in your DNA and standing up for your friends - then there is going on about re-running old footage to fire up ones passion for kicking skulls in or cracking ribs.

Before you know it you have your own gang, because you’ve all been so riled up together, whether your Antifa or your Proud Boys or your Pedo-busting vigilantes, people all eager to mete our extrajudicial punishment. Bear in mind, most of the West is still reeling from I **** you not, Russian troll psyops designed to keep Americans for instance and probably other NATO countrymen split down the middle when it comes to distrusting their own governments, hence we have these rises in extremist groups in our own backyards.

Extremism seems to be your palate of taste.

You seem to be unable to differentiate between the subject matter and reality.

You Equate the crime dropping a bag of taytos to getting kicked out of the country.
    There's a big difference between dropping a bag of taytos and kicking the sh one t out of a guard who's doing his job, may have a family and friends who are worried about him.

I think you're a lot more extreme than anyone here you're debating.

You suggest some posters ideals are equal to North Korea.

Rerunning old footage of the football fiasco is up to me, if I like watching it so what...

Actually right now I've paused Watership Down...

It's all about rabbit's, haven't seen it in years....

Probably a bit too violent for your taste...

That's it. Politicians fail to deliver a decent public service so the migrants get blamed instead of the politicians themselves, and the gullible fall for it. What's the phrase? "Useful idiots".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Wasn't that important apparently.
    Expect you hold similar views (migration and border control) on the small matter of the event causation know now as 'the brexit'.

i..e Not really a factor at all, or can find a random link to some (state media) putting it as 8th on the list, just below windfarms and animal welfare issues.

• Advertisement

Expect you hold similar views (migration and border control) on the small matter of the event causation know now as 'the brexit'.

i..e Not really a factor at all, or can find a random link to some (state media) putting it as 8th on the list, just below windfarms and animal welfare issues.

If you have data refuting it then by all means stick it up lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

El_Bee wrote: »
    They tried being tough on crime in the States and look how that panned out, we a need a more holistic approach to try and understand these youths and help dismantle the racist power structures they are lashing out against.

Yeah man, like, let’s just, ya know, try to hug a thug man. Let them know that they are, like, loved too. Airy fairy piss.

It is normal. Not sure where you've been living that Gardai have never been attacked before. Doesn't mean you can't be annoyed about it. But if you are only annoyed because the person doing it is black then your concern is hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

MrFresh wrote: »
    You may not have heard of issues with gangs consisting of other nationalities but that doesn't mean they weren't around. People tend to cluster in near homogeneous groups when they are new to an area. Romanians, Polish, Lithuanians, Chinese, English. There have been gangs of these nationalities linked to different types of criminal enterprises. It's not because they are genetically or culturally drawn to commit these crimes, it's just a group dynamic thing. In places like Cherry Orchard, Ronanstown and Crumlin gangs of Irish lads have literally tried to murder Gardaí and there has been less outrage than there is here. So let's not pretend this is anything but racially motivated outrage.

Please refence the Polish,Chinese youth group/gangs ect.. causing trouble becuse I do not here of them. I did hear of what I said.
    Any articles?
    I have however mentioned the Irish cause trouble and we hear of it.. So I am not surprised Irish group/gangs are causing harm to persons or property ect..
    If you really have read my post you know you're racism remark is quite poor. As I reference cultural differences becuse I truly believe it has some merit to our society intergration issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ehhhhh because large areas of social housing clustered together have shown it is ineffective. It isolates and stigmatises people living there. There are usually but not always anti social behaviour. People do better in mixed housing developments which is better for society as a whole. Look at Ballymun, Darndale etc ...

Moghead wrote:
    Does anyone have a link to the videos that isn't on that ****ehawk sherlock's website. Couldn't be giving him a click.

Capra wrote:
    Yeah...but it never seems to be large groups of Chinese, Spanish or Polish people going around in packs and attacking the Gardai now does it? There is something horrifically wrong with the culture of some countries these lads are coming from.

Correct but of course we're not allowed to comment really are we i mean black gangs are doing what they want simply because they know we're pussies with a pussy Garda force/ government
    Obviously this is going to worsen as no one is willing to tackle it- going on all over the country ,there's a shower of clowns in ballincollig called the RBL( real black lads) I mean FFS,caused mayhem a while back - between them and our own ethnic minority the future isn't bright

Please refence the Polish,Chinese youth group/gangs ect.. causing trouble becuse I do not here of them. I did hear of what I said.
    Any articles?
    I have however mentioned the Irish cause trouble and we hear of it.. So I am not surprised Irish group/gangs are causing harm to persons or property ect..
    If you really have read my post you know you're racism remark is quite poor. As I reference cultural differences becuse I truly believe it has some merit to our society intergration issues.

Last year a Garda had acid thrown at him. That was linked to a Lithuanian drug gang involved in drug trafficking. A Latvian car theft gang are the suspects for the machete murder of a rival business owner last year A Lithuanian gang are suspected of being behind the murder of a man in West Dublin in a dispute over clothes collections. Polish and Lithuanian gangs are believed to be behind major drug operations in Longford. A dispute between rival Triad gangs erupted into a brawl in Dublin last year.

Overheal wrote: »
    Because popular nationalism is violently on the rise, and these are exactly the kind of people who tend to carry it out when left unchallenged.

Isn’t “popular nationalism” just a different way of saying patriotism?? What’s wrong with loving your own country and wanting it to stay as it is??

Isn’t “popular nationalism” just a different way of saying patriotism?? What’s wrong with loving your own country and wanting it to stay as it is??

Because sometimes the way it is is not good enough. Patriotism should be about making your country the best it can be for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Please refence the Polish,Chinese youth group/gangs ect.. causing trouble becuse I do not here of them. I did hear of what I said. Any articles? I have however mentioned the Irish cause trouble and we hear of it.. So I am not surprised Irish group/gangs are causing harm to persons or property ect.. If you really have read my post you know you're racism remark is quite poor. As I reference cultural differences becuse I truly believe it has some merit to our society intergration issues.

Personally I think stating cultural differences is over simplifying it. Just because these guys are black and gangs in the UK are black doesn't make it a cultural thing. For example there is no record of these kids parents roaming the streets of Dublin carrying weapons or attacking Gardai. It's a new thing that the current generation seems to aspire to.

Because sometimes the way it is is not good enough. Patriotism should be about making your country the best it can be for everyone.

And importing the third world while we have huge homelessness, a massive social bill, a crumbling health service makes it better for who exactly??

How is Nwankwo from Ghana who can barely speak English and has no qualifications, making Ireland better??

• Advertisement

Last year a Garda had acid thrown at him. That was linked to a Lithuanian drug gang involved in drug trafficking. A Latvian car theft gang are the suspects for the machete murder of a rival business owner last year A Lithuanian gang are suspected of being behind the murder of a man in West Dublin in a dispute over clothes collections. Polish and Lithuanian gangs are believed to be behind major drug operations in Longford. A dispute between rival Triad gangs erupted into a brawl in Dublin last year.

Thanks Great resources it shows they are some other nations operating with drugs and violence. Moslty adults. Mostly eastern European links referenced.
    I did specify youths! As I am hearing alot about young black males (under 18) causing trouble locally and that is what I referenced.. Thanks for the links.

Again shows more failings of our society as people and Government policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

And importing the third world while we have huge homelessness, a massive social bill, a crumbling health service makes it better for who exactly??

How is Nwankwo from Ghana who can barely speak English and has no qualifications, making Ireland better??

By apparently "doing the jobs we don't want to do" and thus becoming an underclass that continues to feed the machine.

I'm not aware of a third world importation program but I'm full sure that our issues with homelessness, social welfare and the health service have been around a long time and the fault for them lies solely at the feet of successive governments who have squandered money.

I don't know him.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Personally I think stating cultural differences is over simplifying it. Just because these guys are black and gangs in the UK are black doesn't make it a cultural thing. For example there is no record of these kids parents roaming the streets of Dublin carrying weapons or attacking Gardai. It's a new thing that the current generation seems to aspire to.

No I dont think it is. I do think that some socities are more arseholes than others as someone put it earlier on and that cultural differences are a factor. Mabye its one we overlook because when you put two people on holiday they get along no issues, no matter what nation.. It's the holiday buzz that get you there so to speak but long term maybe different. Its those small nuance differences but enough to cause friction or some cases massive gaping holes of differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Watched the footage, disturbing to see a guard getting kicked on the ground, definitely not the norm, how come there’s no reports of this in mainstream media, it looked like it was a mini riot

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

enricoh wrote: »
    Hilarious, government report states 45% of Africans of working age are working.
    Your response : stop changing the goalposts, i wanted the percentage of nigerians working! Great stuff, keep it coming!

LOL

So Nigeria = all of Africa now?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Calltocall wrote: »
    Watched the footage, disturbing to see a guard getting kicked on the ground, definitely not the norm, how come there’s no reports of this in mainstream media, it looked like it was a mini riot

It’s really odd how there’s been a media blackout almost on this story ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh there you go again with your thinly veiled nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Not really it is pretty par for the course these days.
    The gang rape in Courtown seems to have disappeared down the media memory hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Why do I say it’s odd?

I say it’s odd because RTÉ usually cover every piddling little incident in every crossroad and townland around Ireland yet somehow....

Somehow....

This has been completely ignored by em???

Advertisement