Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2020 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Would be Braxton hicks Blingy?Is it on and off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

shesty wrote: »
    Would be Braxton hicks Blingy?Is it on and off?

No I don’t think it is. It’s just sore and it’s usually later in the day. Might have an option to work my last few weeks from home due to the c virus so that should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

Has anyone read what to expect if a pregnant mum-to-be (say at our stage - 36 or 37 weeks) contracts this infamous coronavirus? It's just a concern at the moment thankfully and not a reality! I've been trying to research and I'll be asking the docs during next checkup but I was just wondering if anyone has seen any useful information anywhere. Would it just be a Csection straight away or would it be looked at on a case by case basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

CPTM wrote: »
    Has anyone read what to expect if a pregnant mum-to-be (say at our stage - 36 or 37 weeks) contracts this infamous coronavirus? It's just a concern at the moment thankfully and not a reality! I've been trying to research and I'll be asking the docs during next checkup but I was just wondering if anyone has seen any useful information anywhere. Would it just be a Csection straight away or would it be looked at on a case by case basis.

https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/guidelines/coronavirus-pregnancy/covid-19-virus-infection-and-pregnancy/?utm_source=Royal+College+of+Obstetricians+and+Gynaecologists&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11381928_Coronavirus+guidance+%7C+March+2020+%7C+Public%2FSeedlist&utm_content=%3E+Information+for+pregnant+women&dm_i=15N0%2C6RYCO%2CHU69QV%2CR3SIR%2C1

Fairly comprehensive information here

• Advertisement

Our little chap arrived a couple of days ago, coming in just under 3kg, after a very short and intense labour. Everything went well if a bit fast and furious with no time for pain relief or to use any of the carefully packed items in the labour bag! We're now tucked up at home a brand new little family. We're crazy in love with him, he's gorgeous. :)

Good luck to all you ladies, it's all worth it when you see that amazing tiny human and get to hold him for the first time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aloevera33

Candie wrote: »
    Our little chap arrived a couple of days ago, coming in just under 3kg, after a very short and intense labour. Everything went well if a bit fast and furious with no time for pain relief or to use any of the carefully packed items in the labour bag! We're now tucked up at home a brand new little family. We're crazy in love with him, he's gorgeous. :)

Good luck to all you ladies, it's all worth it when you see that amazing tiny human and get to hold him for the first time. :)

Congratulations brilliant news wishing you all the best. I'd say ye are delighted to be home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Congrats Candie! Enjoy the newborn snuggles!

Huge congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Huge congratulations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Huge congratulations, Candie. So delighted for you :)

Thanks everyone, you've a lot to look forward to because it's a cloud 9 feeling! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Congratulations Candie!

We've just signed up to a homebirth - admittedly with very short notice. Hopefully all will be well when the midwife comes tomorrow and we can proceed with it. Couple of things weren't going the way I liked in the hospital and I was feeling very stressed out. Corona hasn't helped matters either so we've decided that this is the best option for us! I finally feel like I can chill out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Congratulations Candie! Lovely feeling when you get to meet your little bundle!

Good timing before all this coronavirus has hit!

How is everyone else feeling? Getting a bit anxious on how the hospitals will be as nearly 38 weeks pregnant! Consultant said maternity unit will be one of the last affected as babies wait for no one but hard not to get a bit panicky!!

Also have two year old and feel it’s hard to ask my parents (in their 70s) take her when I go into labour as meant to keep grandparents and grandchildren apart!

Anyone else in a similar boat? This def wasn’t how envisaged my last two weeks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Definitely feeling panicked too week 37 and I just want to get into the hospital have him and come home safe and lock my front door. Definitely not the last few weeks we had envisaged. I feel like it's all taking over the best time of our lives. My husband is very stressed and panicked he has no choice really but to go into work and he is very worried about bringing the virus into our home.

Sprites wrote: »

Thanks Sprites!
    Yes I had read that and I suppose it’s more what the hospital will be like when I do go into labour rather than if I’ll be ok! Like in two weeks is that gonna be the peak of the curve? Is that when the majority of cases will be in the hospital? Not exactly the nicest place to be in If it is!

I’m sure it will all be ok but nice to know I’m not the only one a bit anxious about the whole thing! Trying to think as positively as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Thanks Sprites.

Pocos, Nikkibaby, I'm with you. 37 weeks and I'm feeling so anxious about the whole situation that's unfolding around us. It's so scary and I'm not one who'd generally be inclined to panic. As well, not how I envisaged spending my two weeks before baby, no downtime now with a toddler in tow and hubby still working. Trying to think big picture but it's easier said than done 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aloevera33

RMC10 wrote: »
    Thanks Sprites.

Pocos, Nikkibaby, I'm with you. 37 weeks and I'm feeling so anxious about the whole situation that's unfolding around us. It's so scary and I'm not one who'd generally be inclined to panic. As well, not how I envisaged spending my two weeks before baby, no downtime now with a toddler in tow and hubby still working. Trying to think big picture but it's easier said than done 😔

36.5 weeks here and same as you all in a ball of anxiety! Many tears have been shed. The main thing is we deliver the baby safely and get home. It will be hard with no husbands/partners for the few days after but it will all be short term. We can support each other here during the time xx

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WonderousWorld

Have to say im feeling the nerves too. 34 now and my hospital appointments have been cancelled as of today- just as they were about to be more often than 1 time a month... it was scheduled for 8 apr (37 weeks) which felt like long enough away but now im imagining delivering the baby in my hpuse by myself 😱 I had to book into gp instead who didn’t seem to keen on seeing me - asked if i had a home blood pressure kit (to self monitor 😱😱😱)
    Just freaking me out completely.

• Advertisement

Have to say im feeling the nerves too. 34 now and my hospital appointments have been cancelled as of today- just as they were about to be more often than 1 time a month... it was scheduled for 8 apr (37 weeks) which felt like long enough away but now im imagining delivering the baby in my hpuse by myself 😱 I had to book into gp instead who didn’t seem to keen on seeing me - asked if i had a home blood pressure kit (to self monitor 😱😱😱)
    Just freaking me out completely.

It really is an unprecedented situation. I am putting my faith in the health system in thinking that they wouldn't cancel appointments unless it is the absolute safest thing to do. I haven't gotten word yet from the hospital I'm attending but I expect all my clinic appointments will be cancelled also.

Luckily I've had a textbook pregnancy so far so I'm not too worried about blood pressure. I'll ask the hospital if it's necessary for me to attend GP for BP and urine samples.

I'm erring on the side of caution and mentally preparing to have no birth partner with me for delivery, that's the biggest worry for me at the moment.

It really is an unprecedented situation. I am putting my faith in the health system in thinking that they wouldn't cancel appointments unless it is the absolute safest thing to do. I haven't gotten word yet from the hospital I'm attending but I expect all my clinic appointments will be cancelled also.

Luckily I've had a textbook pregnancy so far so I'm not too worried about blood pressure. I'll ask the hospital if it's necessary for me to attend GP for BP and urine samples.

I'm erring on the side of caution and mentally preparing to have no birth partner with me for delivery, that's the biggest worry for me at the moment.

Hadn’t even thpught about having himself NOT there. Jesus that’ll be distressing, I appreciate its just literally being figured out day by day but, its scary. Im thinking ill be ipting to get outta there asap provided all checks are ok etc. after delivery.

Hadn’t even thpught about having himself NOT there. Jesus that’ll be distressing, I appreciate its just literally being figured out day by day but, its scary. Im thinking ill be ipting to get outta there asap provided all checks are ok etc. after delivery.

I think that's one thing that will be in our favour (depending on what your plans are I suppose), is that if everything is ok they will be discharging patients quickly enough.

I'm just preparing for worst case scenario, hopefully it wont come to it but I just want to be as prepared as I can just in case.

Was discussing it with my mum earlier who said that having partners present is a relatively new norm, so I'm thinking if she could do it three times on her own then surely I can lol!!

I understand, just the moral support though. Guess its a wait and see situation!

I understand, just the moral support though. Guess its a wait and see situation!

Absolutely, and I will feel awful for him if he can't be there.

Definitely wait and see and hope!!

Why do people think partners won’t be at birth? If they have the virus is the only reason why I can think of! Or do people think they will start to limit people in the hospital! I just assumed one visitor and that will be my husband after birth!

We have gone private so none of my app are in the hospital so they are in his private clinic so they haven’t been cancelled as of yet!
    But due to having a toddler I’ll be going solo to them as not to be bringing children into the clinic to spread anything! Even though she has no symptoms but just in case!

Glad to hear others have shed tears! It’s hard to know if we will feel any better with the babies in us or outside in the world! The worry of keeping them safe and not getting the virus is an added worry to an already worrying time when you have a new born. :(

We have decided though to try and get a bit excited about baby number two as it will be brilliant but with so many unknowns at the moments it’s hard to get into that headspace!

Pocos, a lot of hospitals are already saying no visitors after the birth including partners. I had my baby Monday in CUMH, home yesterday and they updated the policy to no visitors from today.

Oh Bee don’t say that!
    I loved the time together me my husband and baby number 1 two years ago in the hospital after the birth! Be hard to be in there solo!

Anyone with the Waterford hospital? Hear anything?

Huge congrats on baby Bee boy/girl? You have toddler too don’t you? About 2? How are they reacting?

A girl and we had a 2 year old boy already. He’s smitten with her unless she gets in the way of something he wants. Eg bedtime is a struggle because he still wants me to do bedtime which isn’t possible if baby is feeding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congratulations Bee!!First while with 2 is tough, go easy on yourself (and the little guy!)

Advertisement