Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2020 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

Collected my 2 girls from the Rotunda last night. At the front door the security guard will take mammys name and you give him the car seat. He gives both of these to the main security desk inside. He rings the post natal ward to see if the partner is OK to come in. (I've no idea why they they take the car seat off you).

Get the all clear and you're now allowed into the post natal ward. I wasn't told how long I got but the 3 of us spent about 30 mins in there. So it makes no sense as to why no post natal visits are allowed.

Just for context with the posts above. The inducement gel to birth, it was 55 hours for my partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Thanks raheny Red and Nickinbaby! For up dates on the way things are run!

Congratulations on getting your two home, I’m sure you are very relieved to have everyone home now!

Funny about them taking car seat isn’t it? I’m sure there is method in their madness!

Yes induction usually takes longer for some! Fair play to your partner 55 hours is exhausting and lonely if you are on your own for a majority of it! She deserves a pretty big push present now :)

Monday will tell a lot I suppose and for those who are due end of April hopefully this will all be a distant nightmare for ye!

Best of luck to everyone getting to our new norm for the next two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WonderousWorld

Nickibaby* wrote: »
    Not gonna lie had a meltdown earlier. This all just sucks :mad:

Been doingbthat a bit myself lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WonderousWorld

Surely they would give him time off for you to attend your appointments though. I do think that they are necessary medical appointments which probably won't be cancelled. My GP visit was cancelled but surely hospital appointments & necessary scans will do ahead especially since we are so close to the finish line to make sure all is ok!

All mine in hospital- mullingar- were cancelled weeks ago and nothing at all from them to reschedule. Im heading into week 36, fairly certain im going to go early. My last scan was, end January i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Does anyone know if Holles st still provide the maternity pads? I vaguely recall them giving me some last time but I know I had my own stash too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Blingy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Holles st still provide the maternity pads? I vaguely recall them giving me some last time but I know I had my own stash too.

Nope, not two years ago anyway. definitely bring your own!

Nope, not two years ago anyway. definitely bring your own!

Thanks. I couldn’t remember. Won’t probably need that many since I probably won’t be allowed to stay long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

All mine in hospital- mullingar- were cancelled weeks ago and nothing at all from them to reschedule. Im heading into week 36, fairly certain im going to go early. My last scan was, end January i think.

I'm week 39 in Limerick and didn't have any cancelled yet. With the announcement Friday that might change now though - I really hope not. I don't feel very prepared or informed with everything so close. Hopefully tomorrow being Monday there will be some clarity on whether birth partners are still allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Thanks. I couldn’t remember. Won’t probably need that many since I probably won’t be allowed to stay long!!

They gave me 3 or 4 pads when I got to the post-delivery ward when I was there 3 weeks ago, I had my own with me but it was good not to have to go rummaging in the bag for them straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

I'm week 39 in Limerick and didn't have any cancelled yet. With the announcement Friday that might change now though - I really hope not. I don't feel very prepared or informed with everything so close. Hopefully tomorrow being Monday there will be some clarity on whether birth partners are still allowed

I saw a statement online from UMHL which said that due to Friday evenings announcement there were severe visiting restrictions from 9am Monday 30/03/2020. It listed out who was allowed and a nominated birth partner for women in labour is allowed still. I will see can I link it for you

• Advertisement

Here is the info I saw for Limerick

Sprites wrote: »
    I saw a statement online from UMHL which said that due to Friday evenings announcement there were severe visiting restrictions from 9am Monday 30/03/2020. It listed out who was allowed and a nominated birth partner for women in labour is allowed still. I will see can I link it for you

Thanks Sprites that's good news

Hi all,

In to be induced and birthing partners are allowed into delivery suite only!

That’s the case in Waterford just to update anyone who wanted to know :)

Pocos wrote: »
    Hi all,

Best of luck Pocos I hope everything goes quickly. You will have your little bundle of joy in your arms so soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Hi all,

Best of luck Pocos, I'll be thinking of you. Hope it all goes fast and you've baby in your arms soon. Looking forward to your next post x

Hi all,

All the best Pocos!! That's fantastic your partner will be present for the birth!

Hi all,

Baby girl came yesterday evening!
    With all best intentions in the world daddy missed birth after all that!
    Was being wheeled to labour ward at 17.55 so rang dad to come, and baby decided to come quickly and was here at 18.11! Dad arrived at 18.20! Pity but nothing we could do!

As of yesterday morning dads aren’t allowed in post natal for the hour after that’s gone! So it was literally the labour ward from 18.20 to 21.00 when I was being brought to post natal dad had to go home! Not even bring bags to room!
    I’m gonna stay two nights and not sure what story is with getting home! Can dad bring car seat up or does security! As it’s changing literally daily!

It’s tough and sad but it’s for the best to reduce this virus. It’s definitely one for the history books!

Midwifes feel the ban on birthing partners may come soon in Waterford sorry to be giving bad news! But they don’t actually know yet! Felt better to say it and people are forewarned than a surprise!

Best of luck ladies :)

Hi all,

Was being wheeled to labour ward at 17.55 so rang dad to come, and baby decided to come quickly and was here at 18.11! Dad arrived at 18.20! Pity but nothing we could do!

As of yesterday morning dads aren’t allowed in post natal for the hour after that’s gone! So it was literally the labour ward from 18.20 to 21.00 when I was being brought to post natal dad had to go home! Not even bring bags to room!
    I’m gonna stay two nights and not sure what story is with getting home! Can dad bring car seat up or does security! As it’s changing literally daily!

It’s tough and sad but it’s for the best to reduce this virus. It’s definitely one for the history books!

Midwifes feel the ban on birthing partners may come soon in Waterford sorry to be giving bad news! But they don’t actually know yet! Felt better to say it and people are forewarned than a surprise!

Well done Pocos. Congratulations. I hope it’s all going well now. Such a pity dad missed the birth but I feel this is going to happen to lots of couples over the coming weeks. It’s hard going for sure.

Hi all,

Congratulations Pocos & well done on bringing your little girl into the world alone among all the craziness!

Thanks for updating us all. Enjoy this precious time with your newborn & you will all be home safe as a family before u know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Wow, your little girl was really in a hurry to meet you! Hope you’re feeling well and enjoy the newborn snuggles.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Holles St still allowing dads in. Wife had section (planned). I dropped her off at 8am, then had to wait in the car. Ultimately didn't get the call until 4:30pm, they can only give 5 mins notice so you can't go home and come back.

Baby born at 4:35pm and I left the hospital at 6:45, so I got a good bit of time after, but I think I was just lucky rather than this being the norm. Just depends on how quick mum is ready leave recovery, once she's moved to post natal that's your queue to leave.

Doctors, nurses, midwives all great. Despite all that's going on everything's calm and relaxed.

Hi all,

Congratulations Pocos!! That is wonderful news. Enjoy the newborn cuddles and your little cocoon for two days and beyond at home xx

Hi all,

And thanks for the update on the situation in Waterford, definitely better to be aware of these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭CPTM

Mrs CPTM's contractions are 2 minutes apart. I just dropped her off so I'm sat outside Holles St waiting for the call..!

CPTM wrote: »
    Mrs CPTM's contractions are 2 minutes apart. I just dropped her off so I'm sat outside Holles St waiting for the call..!

Best of luck to you and Mrs CPTM! Hopefully you
    Won’t be out in the car park for too long

Best of luck to you both. I bet you won’t be waiting too long for the call.
    As a matter of fact what happens her bags. Who brings those in as it’s not likely she’s in her labour outfit walking in the door !!

Oh how exciting! Best of luck. Hope u aren't waiting too long for the call

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Best of luck to you both. I bet you won’t be waiting too long for the call.
    As a matter of fact what happens her bags. Who brings those in as it’s not likely she’s in her labour outfit walking in the door !!

You can go with her as far as the door. The entrance has some security staff / porters in it. They'll take the bags off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Hi all,

Congrats to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

awec wrote: »
    Holles St still allowing dads in. Wife had section (planned). I dropped her off at 8am, then had to wait in the car. Ultimately didn't get the call until 4:30pm, they can only give 5 mins notice so you can't go home and come back.

Baby born at 4:35pm and I left the hospital at 6:45, so I got a good bit of time after, but I think I was just lucky rather than this being the norm. Just depends on how quick mum is ready leave recovery, once she's moved to post natal that's your queue to leave.

Doctors, nurses, midwives all great. Despite all that's going on everything's calm and relaxed.

Congrats to you too!

Advertisement