Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

April 2020 Babies club

Options
  • 08-08-2019 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've searched and not found another thread, so I'm starting one. Just been to the GP, due April 4th with my third. Planned pregnancy and I am delighted - but my two little boys were SO busy at the GP and then pharmacy, how am I going to handle another one? 😂😭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hi amay89

Just found out I’m due April 3rd with my second!!!
    All planned and very very excited! No major pregnancy symptoms but energy levels are up and down! One minute feel like I could run a marathon next I’m nearly asleep on the couch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amay89

I'm the same. Wake up full of energy and plans to get lots done and end up falling asleep when I put my two year old down for a nap :). I'm struggling with nausea, got some ginger tea and hoping it helps.

I’m the exact same! But I’m a teacher so off for the summer so I’ve been napping with 1.5 year old and that’s keeping the tiredness at bay and the nausea! Dreading going back to work as I’ll be pregnant for most of the academic year!!

Finding it hard at night to sleep too! Kinda buzzing at about 10!!! Typical when I could be going to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amay89

I was teaching when I was pregnant with my second too. I stopped after he was born, and then we moved here from South Africa, it's really difficult to register with the teaching council so I haven't been back yet. Taking the opportunity to nap whenever you can is a great idea. The ginger tea definitely helps with nausea, thank goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Hi :) Joining this thread too. Due 10 April with my second. Very excited and nervous. Might get a private scan at 8 weeks as I did last time.

No major symptoms, just headaches. I suffer with hormonal migraines, they have just ramped up a bit lately.

Haven't decided if I'll go public or private yet.

• Advertisement

Hi tea and cake,

Sorry to hear about headaches while pregnant! I was very sick on my first nothing so far but I think it was week 7 with Little girl and I am only week 6 now so will wait and see!

Could your headaches be linked to sinuses? I find my sinuses go bad with pregnancy too and therefore lots of headaches too!

It’s a joy eh!

Yes Amay I literally sleep when little girl does! Only way I can survive so far! Don’t know what I’m gonna do when back to work :(

Pocos wrote: »
    Hi tea and cake,

Sorry to hear about headaches while pregnant! I was very sick on my first nothing so far but I think it was week 7 with Little girl and I am only week 6 now so will wait and see!

Could your headaches be linked to sinuses? I find my sinuses go bad with pregnancy too and therefore lots of headaches too!

It’s a joy eh!

Yes Amay I literally sleep when little girl does! Only way I can survive so far! Don’t know what I’m gonna do when back to work :(

My nausea didn't start until about week 8 either but here's hoping we don't get it as bad as last time. I'm 6 weeks today.

Funnily enough I've never found the root cause of the migraines, I gave up on Drs and meds when I got pregnant with my first, 2 years ago, and pregnancy really helped so hopefully the same will happen again.

I'm working 5 days a week, one from home thankfully and it's full on. The tiredness does come in waves. At least I can have one coffee a day :)

That’s funny tea and cake as I was told no coffee especially during first 12 weeks! Maybe once a week If you really want to! Gas how we are told different things!

Great how pregnancy actually helped something rather than made it worse!

I’m feeling rubbish this week! Also a urine sample was sent off when I was at doctors and came back with a bug so I’m now on a course of antibiotics for a week! Feel rotten but hopefully if antibiotics help I’ll feel better in a few days!

I’m so tired this week can’t shake myself at all! Also does anyone find the day after exercise wipes them? Like I’m exhausted Tuesday after my regular exercise class Monday evening! I do remember that on the first pregnancy!

Hi folks. April 2020 here, very early days at this point but very excited and anxious in equal measure. We lost our first at twelve weeks last year and it's hard to let myself be happy or feel optimistic about things but every day feels a bit like win all the same.

At the moment I'm so tired that I fell asleep in mid sentence last night and so sick that I want to kill whoever christened it morning sickness, it's all-bloody-day sickness! Luckily I'm working from home most of the time, because I don't know how I'd cope if I was 9-5 in work.

I'm not a coffee drinker so I'm spared the caffeine withdrawal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Candie wrote: »
    At the moment I'm so tired that I fell asleep in mid sentence last night and so sick that I want to kill whoever christened it morning sickness, it's all-bloody-day sickness! Luckily I'm working from home most of the time, because I don't know how I'd cope if I was 9-5 in work.

Popping in from the March thread (have a feeling I’ll end up in April anyway. I have been thinking the exact same thing for the last 2 weeks. I’m sickest in the evening and night. Morning sickness my arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Are lads allowed to visit here?! My wife is pregnant with our first. She's due April 4th.. She'll be at week 7 tomorrow which we're delighted about.

Unfortunately we miscarried around the week 7 mark earlier in the year but we're staying hopeful this time.. very excited.

So far I've found the What To Expect app very handy. Does anyone have any recommendations for pre-natel classes around south Dublin? We're the first of our friends to have babies and my wife would love to have a 'bump buddy' so if there are any recommendations on how to meet pregnant people when pregnant, please let us know!

bee06 wrote: »
    Popping in from the March thread (have a feeling I’ll end up in April anyway. I have been thinking the exact same thing for the last 2 weeks. I’m sickest in the evening and night. Morning sickness my arse!

What puzzles me about the sickness is that I had none of it on the first pregnancy (lost at 12 weeks), though I'm hoping it's a good omen that this is different. It also seems to have started really early and dug in from the get go.

I've a sore throat today and I'm not sure if it's the relentless nausea and acid retching or a virus. And I'm exhausted. :(

Of course men are allowed pop in!!! Your lives will equally be changed (for the better!) when baby number one comes! Sometimes I think it’s a bit more of a shock for men as ye have had no real changes (ie no pregnancy to contend with!) then all of a sudden a small individual to mind FOREVER!! That’s what I found with my husband on our first!

Candie I have no medical background but have a few friends who of had misses and they often say that they had little or no pregnancy symptoms on the pregnancy they missed with! But then hormones going crazy with sickness tiredness on their successful pregnancy so fingers crossed all these horrible symptoms (no other word for them they are rotten!) are a good thing and we will all have amazing healthy babies next April!!!
    Are you getting an early scan? We can get one at 9 weeks here and I have booked it! 12 weeks is too long to wait I feel!!!

Ladies the tiredness and the sickness and then running around after a 1.5 year old! I’m wiped!!!

Thanks Pocos, I get great reassurance out of hearing stories like that. Hopefully that's how it'll work out with me.

I don't know how you're surviving with a toddler, I had three naps yesterday and I was still like a zombie!

I won’t lie it is a challenge! The first pregnancy I was sick a lot too but like you I napped a lot! I heard it’s a hormonal tiredness so it doesn’t matter how much you sleep you are always tired!

Hopefully after first 12 weeks it will decrease the tiredness! Took about 16 weeks on my first :(

I don't know if I could survive sixteen weeks of this, like you say its not like a nap does the trick - you're still shattered!

Good luck with your scan, I've a very early one next week at eight weeks and I'm sick with anticipation/anxiety/excitement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Candie I have no medical background but have a few friends who of had misses and they often say that they had little or no pregnancy symptoms on the pregnancy they missed with! But then hormones going crazy with sickness tiredness on their successful pregnancy so fingers crossed all these horrible symptoms (no other word for them they are rotten!) are a good thing and we will all have amazing healthy babies next April!!!

I wasn't planning on posting until 12 weeks and will probably stay silent until then but I just want to flag to anyone who may be hovering over this thread that I had zero "pregnancy symptoms" with my first pregnancy (now almost 2 year old) and I'm the same again so far. No symptoms is not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone and every pregnancy is different.

I'm sure the above was only meant as reassurance to another poster but it may inadvertently make someone feel nervous about what they are / aren't experiencing so I just wanted to put this out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

RMC10 wrote: »
    I wasn't planning on posting until 12 weeks and will probably stay silent until then but I just want to flag to anyone who may be hovering over this thread that I had zero "pregnancy symptoms" with my first pregnancy (now almost 2 year old) and I'm the same again so far. No symptoms is not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone and every pregnancy is different.

I'm sure the above was only meant as reassurance to another poster but it may inadvertently make someone feel nervous about what they are / aren't experiencing so I just wanted to put this out there.

Thank you !! Am not posting until 12 weeks either. Hopefully chat then !!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tentatively posting here anon! I’m bursting to tell people but it’s very early days, 4 + 6. Totally unexpected but we’re delighted. First baby together, we both have kids from previous marriages. By the time next April rolls around it will be twelve years since I last did this and I feel like Ive forgotten more than I ever learned!

We only found out at the weekend so it really hasn’t sunk in yet! I’m going to get folic acid today. Only symptom so far is sore boobs, thankfully.

Looking forward to everyone’s updates.

RMC10 wrote: »

100% agree with this RMC10 but I was commenting on Candies particular scenario and how hopefully she will be like friends of mine! I wasn’t trying to focus on no symptoms is a bad thing, I was more saying symptoms although uncomfortable can be a good sign is all!

Of course all people and pregnancies are different and I really hope I didn’t upset anyone!

• Advertisement

That’s funny tea and cake as I was told no coffee especially during first 12 weeks! Maybe once a week If you really want to! Gas how we are told different things!

I haven't seen a Dr yet, going Monday but I'm going by what I did on my first. Ironically my body has decided I shouldn't drink coffee, I haven't been able to face a cup since Saturday :( the nausea and tiredness have come in force. Off this week thankfully but feel hungover some days.

Have my Dr appointment Monday and an early scan booked for Friday. Will be nice to get some reassurance.

It's much tougher with a toddler, she likes to wake at 6 some days :/

I'm still doing spin and yoga but don't notice I'm much more tired after them. Will see how I am next week. Hoping to keep them up. Yoga and the gym kept me sane last time.

Have people thought about public/semi private or private?

Hope everyone is doing well :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Tea and cake, on my second and third pregnancies, there was no coffee.I couldn't handle it at all.I was so tired with a toddler and then two, it actually nearly killed me, worse than anything else I couldn't have!!The struggle is real!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pearlll

hello all, is it ok if I join? I just found out Im pregnant for the first time, a big surprise but very happy. Due 19th April

Since you are all talking about coffee, I was turned right off, I was only taking a sip or 2 I should have known!!

Welcome Pearlll and congrats very exciting isn’t it? How are you feeling? Good I hope

So I am 8 weeks since yesterday and the vomiting has started! I had this on my first from week 7 till week 16! I really hope I won’t be as sick on this one!

Anyone have any hints or tips on what helped them? Hula hoops and McDonalds French fries used be my guaranteed thing I could keep down but not working as well on this pregnancy:(

Any advice welcome! Thanks

Thank you pocos, sorry to hear about your sickness. I'm not feeling it yet but I'm sure it's ahead of me!! I'm just very crampy, feel funny sensations around my belly button?!, sore boobs and very thirsty!!
    Quite anxious as have never been pregnant before and feel extra upset/ teary
    How early do women go for scans? I wanted to get an early one but was warned off 🙄

pearlll wrote: »
    Thank you pocos, sorry to hear about your sickness. I'm not feeling it yet but I'm sure it's ahead of me!! I'm just very crampy, feel funny sensations around my belly button?!, sore boobs and very thirsty!!
    Quite anxious as have never been pregnant before and feel extra upset/ teary
    How early do women go for scans? I wanted to get an early one but was warned off 🙄

Cramping can just be the uterus expanding. 9 weeks would be the earliest they’d usually recommend a scan to detect a heartbeat. First pregnancy I had an early scan at 6 weeks (he was just a blob), 8 weeks (I think there was a heart beat then) and 10 weeks. This time I went at 9+2 but at the scan they measured me at 8+4 at the scan and there was a strong heartbeat.

Hi pearlll as bee06 said 9 weeks is what my local gp practice do. Lots of people wait for 12 weeks but I personally like the reassurance of the 9 weeks!

You could be lucky and not get sick everyone is different! Yes I’m super thirsty as well!

I'll go for the 8 or 9 week one then. Can't wait!! I think I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. Back to work Thursday and in a way I'm glad as I keep googling things!!!! Lol
    Anyones hospital portlaoise??

pearlll wrote: »
    I'll go for the 8 or 9 week one then. Can't wait!! I think I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. Back to work Thursday and in a way I'm glad as I keep googling things!!!! Lol
    Anyones hospital portlaoise??

It’s definitely a good thing to do if you’re nervous. I’d never be able to go all the way to 12 weeks without an early scan.

It’s TMI as well but the hormones etc can slow down your digestive system and I get pains and cramps if I’m a bit blocked up (if you know what I mean!).

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Tea and cake, on my second and third pregnancies, there was no coffee.I couldn't handle it at all.I was so tired with a toddler and then two, it actually nearly killed me, worse than anything else I couldn't have!!The struggle is real!

Shesty don't say that, I love my coffee! I'll survive I suppose but :(

Welcome Pearl, great seeing more people joining.

Had a rough week, felt pure rotten at times, very nauseous (rarely vomit) just constant nausea. As bee alluded too my Digestive system isn't working as well and I'm not going to the toilet as often. Back to work Monday after a week off, hope I don't feel as bad next week.

Pocos hope you're doing OK. I found super noodles helped too. Something I'd never normally eat!

Advertisement