Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think it's good but a bit confused over the secret identity stuff

Is nidge a copper in this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Enjoying this so far. Shaping up to be something worthwhile and the acting is proper and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I think he’s the handler for the undercover cop
    What I’m unsure about is who was in the old merc ? Was it the female copper or someone else being lexi ?
    Yeah that threw me as well ...is it the cop using two identities for some reason ? Why is frank still spying on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

harr wrote: »
    Yeah that threw me as well ...is it the cop using two identities for some reason ? Why is frank still spying on her.

He showed up because he thinks she's trying to continue with the undercover persona that she used to have, someone was looking for lexi's birth cert. Cop denies it's her.

I don't think there's anything from the car scene that confirms it's her or not but would need to see it again.
    Though there's a spoiler in this thread that implies what the story is about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bazatron

Varys accent is interesting.

Why is the girl cop carrying a gun around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bazatron

Detectives carry guns

All of them, all of the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Bazatron wrote: »
    All of them, all of the time?
    Most of them most of the time yes....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I dont understand if Lexi is a fake undercover persona how would she have a birth cert in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Finding it okay so far. Bit cringy at times as has being mentioned by others especially the Inspector or Superintendent or what ever he is.

I seem to understand the Adam/Rob thing but haven't a clue what's up with Cass or Vaughan-Lawlors character. Is he a guard as well ? I actually thought he was some scumbag following her and had just assumed that he would sound like Nidge :D

To those who keep asking why are they carrying guns, most detectives are generally armed, not just the guys in the Audi and Bmw jeeps.

Interesting that they are filming in both Dublin and Belfast, Line of Duty season 1 was filmed in Birmingham and the rest to dated have being filmed in Belfast also.

For those bashing Rte player, if you use Chromecast (for those that have it) theres no ads or jumping etc. Much better than using you phone or tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

bobbyss wrote: »
    Is it on BBC NI or is it being shown all over the UK?

All over the UK. I believe it has been sold to other countries too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I dont understand if Lexi is a fake undercover persona how would she have a birth cert in the first place.

There's back story here that would be a spoiler.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

I have a feeling those who bail out will regret it. Just watched ep1.

It does have the look and feel of much of what we've seen before (Hinterland particularly springs to mind), and I just caught a glimpse of Company Of Wolves in there.

However I'm assured by Mrs CML who has read the books that it's a developing story which is worth sticking with.

And though one is tempted, can we avoid the "Gardai didn't have Opels in 1996" kind of stuff. If this was a Scandi noir we wouldn't need to know that Stockholm police never had that model of Volvo in 1985.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭brian_t

If you think something is a spoiler then report it instead of quoting it lol

The answer to what's quoted would be the spoiler, not the quote itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I wrote a big long review which Boards somehow managed to bin without posting. Key points:-

It had a weird placelessness like a Scandi Noir that didn't feel very Dublin considering the title.

Hard to take the leads seriously as Dublin detectives based on all Dublin detectives in known memory.

The early scene where she counts down 3,2,1 to the interviewee crumbling under interrogation was cringey and cliché.

Their decision to head out the end of Dun Laoghaire pier with mugs of tea and rasher sandwiches on a grim morning was a bit baffling. Why would anyone like? Because the director of photography thinks it looks cool and moody? Right so.

I'll give it a couple more chances but not many. Heard great reviews of the books so I'd rather save them from being ruined for me by a poor adaptation.

I agree with almost all of the above except the last paragraph, I won't be continuing with it. At first I couldn't understand the male lead, thought he was too intense too soon. Tea on the pier was daft, she obviously lives nearby, why not have the tea in her place? I thought at first it was a bit 'Wallander' all right. I had set the whole series to record but ended up deleting the instruction. I might have persevered but I think the script is weak however it may do well further afield with subtitles. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I agree with almost all of the above except the last paragraph, I won't be continuing with it. At first I couldn't understand the male lead, thought he was too intense too soon. Tea on the pier was daft, she obviously lives nearby, why not have the tea in her place? I thought at first it was a bit 'Wallander' all right. I had set the whole series to record but ended up deleting the instruction. I might have persevered but I think the script is weak however it may do well further afield with subtitles. I'm out.

I think it's the best TV series since love hate. Looking forward to 3rd episode tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

It’s good. I’ve enjoyed it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I like it. Nothing groundbreaking but for an Irish drama (sort of) it's really well made and well acted. Considering that most of what we're getting right now is stuff like Darklands and crappy RTE dramas it's a breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

1870's?.

They're dressed like a family from The Little House on the Prairie.

This, the acting, the weird accents, the silly music.. Well it was at this point I couldn't take it any longer.

When I seen the BBC was involved I thought there was a glimmer of hope but that died pretty damned quick.

Disappointed.

Back to browsing Netflix for something decent.

Surprised you get tv at all 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Overall I'm enjoying it although it is very confusing at times. How did Rob/Adam join An Garda Siochána with his fake persona. How did he get through the Garda vetting ?? Anyone I know who has joined had to go way back through their background to get through the vetting procedure.
    It was annoying me where I knew the mother of the missing girl from. Turns out she is Fidelma who had a roll in the hay with Miley in Glenroe
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573224/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jos28 wrote: »
    Overall I'm enjoying it although it is very confusing at times. How did Rob/Adam join An Garda Siochána with his fake persona. How did he get through the Garda vetting ?? Anyone I know who has joined had to go way back through their background to get through the vetting procedure.
    It was annoying me where I knew the mother of the missing girl from. Turns out she is Fidelma who had a roll in the hay with Miley in Glenroe
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573224/

Yeah even in my IT job he would have been found out after HR forensics went through the background check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

the acting in this is terrible, really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fran seems to be the same in dverything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    the acting in this is terrible, really bad.

Its brilliant compared to other stuff o Connor has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,474 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vaughan-Lawlor talking with the same tone and cadence of The Nidge is so off putting.

He could have changed up the accent a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Vaughan-Lawlor talking with the same tone and cadence of The Nidge is so off putting.

He could have changed up the accent a bit.

Ah hes not in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheRodgers

Ah hes not in fairness.

to be fair he sounds exactly like the nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Haven’t watched this weeks episode on bbc yet, but from 1st 2 episodes I reckon it’s best thing RTÉ have done since love/hate.
    Sarah Greene is always decent but your man Tommy from love/hate has been excellent so far. To be honest I didn’t really rate him much from love/hate, thought he was just a pretty boy. But can see him winning an IFTA from this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Anyone else finding it difficult to understand Sarah Greene? She's running her words together and at times I can't make out a word of what she's saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ah now.

I think the term is 'jump the shark".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Halfway through now.. Feel like I'm pot committed. Wouldn't be recommending it to anyone though. Some of the acting just seems so forced. Makes me feel very conscious of the fact they're acting in a lot of the scenes as I watch them. A decent amount of dodgy dialogue too.
    Saying that, there's enough twists and turns to make me persevere to find out what's going on. I could imagine the book being decent alright.

Advertisement