Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I just watched the fourth episode on BBC late tonight ? I thought it would be a repeat but it was a new episode ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭secman

Far too convoluted, cassie's diction at times is very difficult to make out. Lost interest in it at this stage, don't care who killed who. Some of the acting is poor enough and not very credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Looked good.

But secondary undercover story even more ridiculous than than Adam.

Major flaw in storyline is that there would be no chance of a conviction with Adam involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Even more lost after these weeks 2 episodes

Can someone please explain what's going on thus fair (with spoiler tags of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was hooked until the shark jump last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Still Ill

What was the shark jump moment? I watched it, but I dunno which bit you mean? Where he got naked, poured wine all over himself and had a tug?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Still Ill wrote: »
    What was the shark jump moment? I watched it, but I dunno which bit you mean? Where he got naked, poured wine all over himself and had a tug?

No all that was fine I’m one episode ahead of you I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

A bit lost but am sticking with it for now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭prunudo

Samsgirl wrote: »
    A bit lost but am sticking with it for now.....

Not so much lost, just a bit surprised by the change in direction of the leads personality.
    I'll stick with it but not so sure about it anymore.

No all that was fine I’m one episode ahead of you I think

Haha.. I watched episode four too. It's all a bit mad tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I watched episode four too .Wondering why its on at 21:30 on Monday night and at 22:40 on a Tuesday nights . ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I watched episode four too .Wondering why its on at 21:30 on Monday night and at 22:40 on a Tuesday nights . ?

Only on at 22.40 on BBC1 Northern Ireland. It was on at 9pm on BBC1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Current affairs programme Spotlight is on Tuesday nights on BBC1 Northern Ireland so the schedule is a bit rearranged.

In relation to the drama, I am enjoying it. The plot is quite involved, and pretty complicated at times, but it does keep your attention. The acting is good too. It is different from Love Hate, which seems to be the yardstick these days for gritty Irish dramas. I for one intend to follow it through to the end, having watched the first four episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Current affairs programme Spotlight is on Tuesday nights on BBC1 Northern Ireland so the schedule is a bit rearranged.

In relation to the drama, I am enjoying it. The plot is quite involved, and pretty complicated at times, but it does keep your attention. The acting is good too. It is different from Love Hate, which seems to be the yardstick these days for gritty Irish dramas. I for one intend to follow it through to the end, having watched the first four episodes.

I'm really enjoying it. A whodunnit with many plot twists and even a 'who did what' element as we don't even know what happened to the two missing children in 1985.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I got totally fed up with the Cassie/Lexie storyline so have now read the full sinopsis of the original book "The Likeness".
    Won't spoil it for you.

I will keep watching only for the other plot of the woods.

otnomart wrote: »
    I got totally fed up with the Cassie/Lexie storyline so have now read the full sinopsis of the original book "The Likeness".
    Won't spoil it for you.

I will keep watching only for the other plot of the woods.

Strange way to watch a tv show, but sure whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Still Ill wrote: »
    Strange way to watch a tv show, but sure whatever floats your boat.

Usually when I decide to "abandon" a show, I read the entire plot.

In this case, one plot just didn't do it for me, while I am still interested in the other one.

I agree with those that wrote that they should have made one Season per book, instead of intertwining two books together.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Although he's not a prominant chararcter in this ,Vaughan -Lawlor always adds a bit of class and credibility to anything he's in imo. Definatley one of my fav actors ...absolutley no haminess with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Does anyone know if its episode 3 and 4 on tonight on RTÉ? I clicked the link and it's saying episode 2.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Although he's not a prominant chararcter in this ,Vaughan -Lawlor always adds a bit of class and credibility to anything he's in imo. Definatley one of my fav actors ...absolutley no haminess with him.

Ah now he is the haminesst thing in the whole thing even more so than Lord Varys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ja1986 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if its episode 3 and 4 on tonight on RTÉ? I clicked the link and it's saying episode 2.thanks

Double episode indeed.....not over until midnight (each RTE episode is a double, hence this being 'Episode 2')

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

In fairness what charater is he supossed to play? A farmer from kiltimagh? An American oil tycoon? A cop with different dublin acent?...Hardly what the charater requires lads

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Strazdas wrote: »
    Double episode indeed.....not over until midnight (each RTE episode is a double, hence this being 'Episode 2')

What clown in RTE decided to put a show people might actually watch on from 930 to midnight in the middle of the working week?

Still a bit lost tbh and the kids murder seems to have been put in the background now
    greene's character seems to be evil but when they decided to ride each, it was Cillian Scott's character who came off a dick. All a bit odd ??

Jonathan Devlin seems a little odd and looks like he is up to something
    is he abusing his wife and daughters , what is he up too with the builder guy ??

Hard to even take a guess who done the murder in the woods ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Really enjoying this so far. My only complaint is that in my view they're possibly trying to fit too many competing storylines into a single series (which is possibly explained by the fact that the series is based on an adaptation of two books and not just the first one) - The three main plots I've identified are as follows:

1: The murder of Katy in the woods, and its connection to the 1980s murders
    2: The identity theft situation and Cassie's previous assignment as an undercover officer
    3: The murder of the cashier and the aftermath for the alleged perpetrator and witness

Personally I feel that the murder of Katy in the woods is an epically complicated plot (in the best way possible, this is not a criticism) and that as such, it'd be a lot easier to give it our full attention if these other two plots weren't competing for our ability to remember how characters are linked together. Up until this week's episode I assumed that the identity theft situation was directly related to the Katy murder, but it seems to be becoming more and more obvious that they're totally separate plot lines, especially given that the first two books are named "Into The Woods" and "The Likeness" respectively.

Not a huge complaint, massively enjoying the show, but if they were going to do both stories at once might it not have been easier to maybe do two four-part series aired one after the other (Like the BBC did with Strike, "The Cuckoo's Calling" and "The Silkworm" aired as one long five week run) instead of mixing them together within the same episodes and leaving a lot of room for people to get mixed up with their characters?

I'm watching this with my parents who've both read the books and even they're finding it tricky to separate the two plots. I haven't read the books and have sworn them to secrecy regarding the plot, but it also took a while for it to click that this was likely why it seemed so excessively character-convoluted.

Really enjoying this so far. My only complaint is that in my view they're possibly trying to fit too many competing storylines into a single series (which is possibly explained by the fact that the series is based on an adaptation of two books and not just the first one) - The three main plots I've identified are as follows:

1: The murder of Katy in the woods, and its connection to the 1980s murders
    2: The identity theft situation and Cassie's previous assignment as an undercover officer
    3: The murder of the cashier and the aftermath for the alleged perpetrator and witness

Personally I feel that the murder of Katy in the woods is an epically complicated plot (in the best way possible, this is not a criticism) and that as such, it'd be a lot easier to give it our full attention if these other two plots weren't competing for our ability to remember how characters are linked together. Up until this week's episode I assumed that the identity theft situation was directly related to the Katy murder, but it seems to be becoming more and more obvious that they're totally separate plot lines, especially given that the first two books are named "Into The Woods" and "The Likeness" respectively.

Not a huge complaint, massively enjoying the show, but if they were going to do both stories at once might it not have been easier to maybe do two four-part series aired one after the other (Like the BBC did with Strike, "The Cuckoo's Calling" and "The Silkworm" aired as one long five week run) instead of mixing them together within the same episodes and leaving a lot of room for people to get mixed up with their characters?

I'm watching this with my parents who've both read the books and even they're finding it tricky to separate the two plots. I haven't read the books and have sworn them to secrecy regarding the plot, but it also took a while for it to click that this was likely why it seemed so excessively character-convoluted.

Jesus forgot about number 3 and thought that was only to show the type of work the 2 detectives do and had no connection to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

I'm really looking forward to catching this on the iPlayer soon. I haven't read the book, but I did accidentally buy "The Wych Elm" by Tana French thinking it would be about the Coventry case from the 1940s. Anyway, it turned out to be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus forgot about number 3 and thought that was only to show the type of work the 2 detectives do and had no connection to anything

Assuming you're fully caught up on what's been aired,
    the woman who was attacked near Tara St DART Station and had her face battered and hair cut off in episode 4 was the woman who cracked under interrogation and ratted out her boyfriend for the cashier murder in Episode 1. She's now got Cassie apparently reconsidering the unintended consequences of the good cop / bad cop routine she plays with Rob, and she's under protection in hospital in case yer man tries to take another whack at her.

Like yourself I didn't think it would become a major storyline but it looks like it's about to.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The same clown that knows it will be on RTÉ player to view whenever

I'd rather bath my eyes in acid than use that brutal thing, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

I'd rather bath my eyes in acid than use that brutal thing, lol.

Is ther 2 versions of the RTE player? I Watched some of this on the player on my TV and there were no ads, I remember giving up on the player on the PC because of totally annoying ads.

Advertisement