Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

prunudo wrote: »
    One thing i didn't catch, was that Cas undercover as Lexie in the Mercedes or someone who looked liked her.
    Cass seemed to twitch when the oul one mentioned an evil twin ;)
    That’s my guess at who was in the merc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It just isn't right seeing Varys with hair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭prunudo

The Mig wrote: »
    Cass seemed to twitch when the oul one mentioned an evil twin ;)
    That’s my guess at who was in the merc

That had crossed my mind too. I'm enjoying it so far, more so than Taken Down even though they are of a similar pace for the first 2 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Set in 2006, lots of cars from a decade later. Minor enough detail, but still. Looks very slick so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,389 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anybody got him a fizzy orange yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Has anybody got him a fizzy orange yet?

I would.... all the fizzy orange he needs.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,389 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lisha wrote: »
    I would.... all the fizzy orange he needs.. :)

As a straight guy I think he makes smoking look sort of cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,716 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cina wrote: »
    It's no Darklands.

It is miles better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just watched first episode. Decent.

Find Killian Scotts accent hard to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Conleth Hills character O'Kelly is such a cliche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

I thought it was fairly good, but the whole 'dublin developer baddy with dark secrets' character is getting a bit worn out. They even did away with this character in fair city 10years ago ffs :pac:

I had the misfortune to watch it on the player though... Is there any alternative app to this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,474 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Treppen wrote: »
    I thought it was fairly good, but the whole 'dublin developer baddy with dark secrets' character is getting a bit worn out. They even did away with this character in fair city 10years ago ffs :pac:

I had the misfortune to watch it on the player though... Is there any alternative app to this crap?

To be fair the book it is based on was written 12 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Treppen wrote: »

And with all the facial hair and ponytail, I reckon a well known Dublin based construction Mogul is instructing his brief as we watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

And with all the facial hair and ponytail, I reckon a well known Dublin based construction Mogul is instructing his brief as we watch!!

I'd say they're holding out for a breakfast scene in Marrakesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

He can't remember what happened to him in the woods? There be somthing familiar about this..it will come to me...cant quite put my finger on it ...damm ...no ...its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Probably the Nigerians again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Two many time switches. Hard to keep with who was who and who is who. I’m watching it without adds on bbc which helps. but it’s hard work.
    Line of Duty, The Bodyguard, The Fear - it is none of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,019 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

joeysoap wrote: »
    Two many time switches. Hard to keep with who was who and who is who. I’m watching it without adds on bbc which helps. but it’s hard work.
    Line of Duty, The Bodyguard, The Fear - it is none of those.

Have to say I found it a LOT easier to follow than some Line of Duty plots!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Is it on BBC NI or is it being shown all over the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,651 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Have to say I found it a LOT easier to follow than some Line of Duty plots!!

Don't you dare speak ill of Line of Duty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is miles better

Don't think you got my sarcasm there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Watched both episodes last night and was pleasently surprised. Few inconsistencies with the timeline but we'll get over that. Really enjoyed the twists and figuring out the past links and relationships, gave me new theories on how it would progress every ten minutes.
    I'm thinking the eldest daughter is being raped by daddy dearest, and she or her sister done did the murder. Also, is yer wan Sculley Cass' twin or pretending to be Lexi?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,019 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Has anyone on here read the books? Would that not act as a complete spoiler for the TV series??

I'd say this would make a far better book than TV (and from what I've read, it did!), I'm tempted to rush out and get the books but would that just ruin the TV series on me??? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I enjoy adaptations of things I've read. It often makes me re-read for comparison. That said, I don't remember how it plays out and the fact that they've merged 2 novels into one series might mean things are different.

The books are great and worth reading.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I enjoy adaptations of things I've read. It often makes me re-read for comparison. That said, I don't remember how it plays out and the fact that they've merged 2 novels into one series might mean things are different.

The books are great and worth reading.

I’ve read all her books and enjoy the, in my opinion they seem to have been written with a tv adaption in mind. Sometimes the interpersonal drama/relationships seem a bit forced or over done.
    Looking forward to watching it, but not sure how adapting the first two books will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really enjoyed the first two episodes, really well shot and acted. It has me gripped.
    The plot isn't hard to follow but you definitely need to pay attention no second screens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Is this set in the 70,s ??

No not by the cars etc but why are Katies family all living in the 70’s ?

1870's?.

They're dressed like a family from The Little House on the Prairie.

This, the acting, the weird accents, the silly music.. Well it was at this point I couldn't take it any longer.

When I seen the BBC was involved I thought there was a glimmer of hope but that died pretty damned quick.

Disappointed.

Back to browsing Netflix for something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really liking it so far. Best rte have done in a while.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

1870's?.

They're dressed like a family from The Little House on the Prairie.

This, the acting, the weird accents, the silly music.. Well it was at this point I couldn't take it any longer.

When I seen the BBC was involved I thought there was a glimmer of hope but that died pretty damned quick.

Disappointed.

Back to browsing Netflix for something decent.

I really enjoyed it . I think the way they dress and live is significant in some way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Really liking it so far. Best rte have done in a while.

Its brilliant

Advertisement