Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone else think the actress eating pasta in the pork and bacon add is sara green?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

I enjoyed it immensely, then again I don't watch much Irish TV so I'm not familiar with the actors. It's funny seeing the nasty property developer playing the Dad in the Lidl Christmas ad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Just finished it, very convoluted but enjoyed it. Absolutely best Irish produced show since Love/Hate imo. Did not see the Rosalind twist coming and her slowly being revealed as a psychopath and manipulator reminded very much of a scene in Bodyguard, which I believe was also BBC produced. A couple of things:

1. What is the story with Rob's shoulder? The fact that it showed the dislocation twice means it must have some significance - could it be a clue to what happened in the woods all those years ago?

2. Earlier in the show, there was a scene of Rob with his parents at the hospital and he refused to look/hold the hand of his dying father. It also showed a flashback of a young Adam with him - was there some sort of abuse going on there?

3. The whole Lexie plot and everything to do with it

After it was revealed that Peter and Jamie weren't actually the best friends that Rob had fantasised them to be, I initially thought that maybe he had been the one that killed them, but then how do you explain the lack of bodies?

Hopefully there's a season 2 as there's a lot of unanswered questions

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Hopefully there's a season 2 as there's a lot of unanswered questions

There isn't. Well, there could be but this season is a mix of book one and two. The remaining books I believe are based on different characters with only Tom Vaugh Lawlors character popping back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,374 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They don't have to follow the books they could just write new material using these characters if they have the actors tied down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭shortlegs

Just finished watching.
    Spotted Rosalind as a suspect early on, obvious, her being the carer, giving up everything, whilst her sister got to be a star.
    But I was sure that Adam had something to do with the earlier disappearances - he was found ‘with blood in his shoes’, and the night he goes back to woods and seems to have an experience which shakes him - he leaves a message for Cassie, which we never get to find out about. Why did he burn the homeless guys coat, after beating the daylights out of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,317 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

shortlegs wrote: »
    Just finished watching.
    Spotted Rosalind as a suspect early on, obvious, her being the carer, giving up everything, whilst her sister got to be a star.
    But I was sure that Adam had something to do with the earlier disappearances - he was found ‘with blood in his shoes’, and the night he goes back to woods and seems to have an experience which shakes him - he leaves a message for Cassie, which we never get to find out about. Why did he burn the homeless guys coat, after beating the daylights out of him?

I know Rosalind came from a sheltered background but she was a little too old and too attractive to 'buy' the scene with her in the bar with Adam where she pretends she thought it was a date... that should have set off more alarm bells for me but I thought it was just a casting thing.

I think he burned the coat because it was a very distinctive jacket and it was in the description circulated of the homeless guy to the guards... so he was maybe doing the guy a favour; after the beserk onslaught.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I know Rosalind came from a sheltered background but she was a little too old and too attractive to 'buy' the scene with her in the bar with Adam where she pretends she thought it was a date... that should have set off more alarm bells for me but I thought it was just a casting thing.

I think he burned the coat because it was a very distinctive jacket and it was in the description circulated of the homeless guy to the guards... so he was maybe doing the guy a favour; after the beserk onslaught.

What didnt make any sense to me about that scene is, for such a shelter youngster and in the middle of nowhere, with no money to spare,she got her hands on a provocative outfit like that?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MynamesColm

Binged this over the last few days. My god it really jumped the shark in episode 5.

I've watched a lot of bad tv over the years... but this might have been the most disappointing show I've seen in a long time. It started with such promise! I had heard great reviews back in 2019, and warnings to pay attention because it's all so complex!

At least I can say I thought most of the performances were good. All the main players were good, and Killian Scott and Sarah Greene were very compelling in the main roles. But the doppleganger storyline ... it ruined everything for me. A garda, investigating the stabbing of her double, who also happens to be using a cover identity that she previously used?!

And of course a person's kiss is as individual as their fingerprint.

It's hard to judge how much time passes in tv shows, but it felt like Maddox spent maybe two days undercover? And was already losing her own self of identity. The students themselves were some of the least likable arseholes I've seen on screen. Living in the middle of nowhere but still within easy commuting distance to Trinity (despite it looking like they only had one car).

Advertisement