Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options
  • 03-01-2019 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭

The Dublin Murders

BBC One Orders ‘The Dublin Murders’; Sarah Phelps Adapting Tana French Books
    BBC One has given the greenlight to eight-part crime drama The Dublin Murders, based on Tana French’s award-winning series of mysteries. Sarah Phelps, who recently reimagined several Agatha Christie novels for the BBC, will adapt the first two books about the fictional Dublin Murder Squad. Euston Films and Veritas Entertainment Group optioned the rights in 2015 and have joined with Element Pictures to produce. Filming will start next year in Belfast and Dublin.

The Dublin Murders is drawn from French’s In The Woods and The Likeness. Blending psychological mystery and darkness, each novel is led by a different detective or detectives from the same Dublin squad. The first book centers on a duo investigating the murder of a 12-year-old girl; The Likeness is about a young female detective who goes undercover to solve a murder in an elite college town. The thruline is an intense emotional connection between cop and crime, underpinned by a disturbing tremor from another influence.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/bbc-orders-the-dublin-murders-tv-series-tana-french-books-sarah-phelps-1202177961/

Killian Scott and Sarah Greene cast in lead roles also rounding out the cast is Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, Moe Dunford, Leah McNamara, Ian Kenny, Eugene O’Hare, Jonny Holden, Conleth Hill and Peter McDonald

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2018/12/killian-scott-sarah-greene-set-as-leads-in-bbc-ones-dublin-murders/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,374 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have been looking forward to this since it was announced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That was so slick and stylish I just automatically presumed RTÉ are the minor players in this production :)

Looks interesting, but also very boilerplate; is there anything in particular about French's series that marks it as one to follow?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think her books are great - each are standalone but the main character in one may be a bit part in the next or vice versa.

Faithful Place and The Likeness are particularly good.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

When does this Dublin Murders series begin? I hope this is a good one. After the disappointment of Taken Down last year, we do need to see some decent Irish drama. The cast looks decent but I have learned one can never trust Irish dramas as they can be a letdown.

After wasting time watching both Taken Down and the first series of Striking Out and hoping against hope they would improve, my relationship with Irish drama has become estranged of late. Striking Out did not improve and Taken Down did but too little too late (a Stuart Carolan penned final episode after 5 ones written by the other writer did little to justify the 6 episode length of the series which could have been done in 2 episodes). Now with Dublin Murders, will this be another disappointment?

Meanwhile, Virgin have one called Darklands. This actually sounds interesting and could this be a quality gangland drama that could herald the much needed second Love/Hate that has proven difficult for Irish drama to reach. Once more though I won't get overly excited by it because it may well be yet another letdown. I remember Paula for example: 2 good episodes and then a bland stinker of a finale marred that series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Dublin Murders premieres Sunday, November 10 @8pm on Starz.
    https://www.vitalthrills.com/2019/09/10/dublin-murders-premiere-date-trailer-key-art/
    No start date for BBC or RTE yet.

Looks bloody brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Looks bloody brilliant

That looks excellent really promising trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Surely if it's produced by the BBC and RTE, we'd expect it to air on one or both of those networks before a foreign one like Starz? Seems very peculiar that they'd premiere it, and even more so that they'd announce an air date with absolutely no news on an air date from either RTE or the BBC O_o :confused:

Surely if it's produced by the BBC and RTE, we'd expect it to air on one or both of those networks before a foreign one like Starz? Seems very peculiar that they'd premiere it, and even more so that they'd announce an air date with absolutely no news on an air date from either RTE or the BBC O_o :confused:

Coming this October is right in the trailer if you watch it and that’s the BBC trailer.

Starz release date is November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

This looks absolutely fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Coming this October is right in the trailer if you watch it and that’s the BBC trailer.

Watched first 30 seconds only before stopping, as saw flavour of it- enough for me to see looks really good, so didn't see the October start advertised. :) Couldn't see it written anywhere after that (not that I was forensic. Boom).
    Looking forward to it. Actors all good, but the mood and editing in the snippet of the trailer I saw looks pitch perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say RTE 1 will give it the Sunday primetime slot after the news also in October

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Some sort of ominous, culty thing with screwed up detectives? Yes, that'll do nicely.

Watched first 30 seconds only before stopping, as saw flavour of it- enough for me to see looks really good, so didn't see the October start advertised. :) Couldn't see it written anywhere after that (not that I was forensic. Boom).
    Looking forward to it. Actors all good, but the mood and editing in the snippet of the trailer I saw looks pitch perfect.

Ah cheers, I did the same thing and turned off the trailer midway through :D I know it's a much bigger conversation for a whole different thread, but I'm always wary of watching entire trailers since for some inane reason a lot of producers seem intent on throwing a flavour of the plot twists into trailers these days. Some trailers I've seen over the last few years are about as ludicrous as if a trailer for Empire Strikes Back included "No, I am your father" directly before cutting to the logo and the release date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

brian_t wrote: »
    Dublin Murders starts on BBC One on Monday 14th October at 9pm.

Dublin Murders starts on RTE One on Wednesday 16th October at 9.35pm

BBC One continues with episode two on Tuesday at 9pm.

RTE are showing the first two episodes together on the 16th.

Was expecting this to take the Sunday night drama slot, surprised to see a midweek airing! Have they something else planned for Sunday nights?

On BBC episodes 3 and 4 will be on Monday and Tuesday of the following week.

Also for anyone watching on BBC One Northern Ireland the episodes have a later start of 10.35pm on Tuesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was expecting this to take the Sunday night drama slot, surprised to see a midweek airing! Have they something else planned for Sunday nights?

Mrs. Brown's Boys repeats. It is RTE after all.

On BBC episodes 3 and 4 will be on Monday and Tuesday of the following week.

Also for anyone watching on BBC One Northern Ireland the episodes have a later start of 10.35pm on Tuesdays.

This is a very strange setup, I'd have assumed they'd go for an eight week run with one episode per week! Definitely not complaining :D:D:D Wonder why they're doing it this way though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

This is a very strange setup, I'd have assumed they'd go for an eight week run with one episode per week! Definitely not complaining :D:D:D Wonder why they're doing it this way though?
    So they can have the boxset ready for Christmas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Maybe because people want to binge television more, and this is a nod (albeit a very slight nod) to that. /wild guess.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

murdered little girl #3143, does no-one else get killed ever?

Mrs. Brown's Boys repeats. It is RTE after all.

Room To Improve is on that time. Ironically, the title of that alone describes RTE!

Room To Improve is on that time. Ironically, the title of that alone describes RTE!

That's finishing it's run. Francis Brennan - All Hands On Deck will be taking the 9.30 Sunday slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

That's finishing it's run. Francis Brennan - All Hands On Deck will be taking the 9.30 Sunday slot.

Oh ffs !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He gets another show :rolleyes: :mad:

Sounds like another typical RTE show! This Taken Down started a LOT later last year, so I wonder what will come after this Francis Brennan thing in around 4-6 weeks?

Can we keep it on topic of Dublin Murders and not other shows please.

• Advertisement

Are RTE showing a double episode on Wednesday or just taking the piss to the extreme with ad breaks?

BBC listing for Monday at 9pm for 1 hour, RTE listing for Wednesday for 9:35pm to 11:55 pm :confused:

Advertisement