Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

I'm really enjoying it but it is difficult to take note of every detail.
    One that I thought was very interesting was in the flashback to the teenagers in the woods, Jonathan roars at the painter guy to hurry up when they are running and when he catches up, he looks concerned and says that there is someone else in the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Finding it hard to work out how they're going to wrap this up without some supernatural explanation regarding changelings or something after
    Cassie's childhood imaginary friend / split personality turning up dead in the forest
    ... If that's the way it's going, I'm wondering if
    Rob is also a changeling (his lack of memory of what happened, the lack of harm done to him, the repeated image of the wolf), and possibly Rosalind Devlin (she seems to be too perfect.... perhaps her twin's changeling?)

It seems an odd route for the story to go though when the rest of it seems to be going for such a "realistic" feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Sleepy wrote: »
    It seems an odd route for the story to go though when the rest of it seems to be going for such a "realistic" feel.

Tana French's books all have some elements of the unexplained to them. Sometimes it's a protagonist who is untrustworthy or misleading, sometimes elements of old traditions are brought in, sometimes it almost borders on supernatural but still can be explained by delusions or someone's fragile mental state. I haven't watched the series yet but if it's faithful to the books some things will remain unsaid or only hinted at. If the series feels very realistic there's a chance it might end up as a disappointment for some viewers, not all will be neatly wrapped up at the end unless it departs from the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Was that Tubridy on the late late in the second episode?

Surely he wasn’t doing it back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,493 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

lola85 wrote: »
    Was that Tubridy on the late late in the second episode?

Surely he wasn’t doing it back then.

He wasn't it was Kenny.

You would think the RTE part of the production would have spotted that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭geecee

It might have been Tubridy's Saturday night show (Tubridy Tonight?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Am I the only one finding it kind of sh1te but kind of compelling at the same time?

Some of it is so ridiculous it verges on comical, but I've no intention of turning it off at the same time.

Its a weird one!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

strandroad wrote: »
    Tana French's books all have some elements of the unexplained to them. Sometimes it's a protagonist who is untrustworthy or misleading, sometimes elements of old traditions are brought in, sometimes it almost borders on supernatural but still can be explained by delusions or someone's fragile mental state. I haven't watched the series yet but if it's faithful to the books some things will remain unsaid or only hinted at. If the series feels very realistic there's a chance it might end up as a disappointment for some viewers, not all will be neatly wrapped up at the end unless it departs from the books.
    If they don't explain
    how Cassie's split personality / imaginary friend physically manifested as a corpse or how Adam wasn't injured despite being found in blood soaked, shredded clothes
    I'm going to be pretty pissed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

SozBbz wrote: »
    Am I the only one finding it kind of sh1te but kind of compelling at the same time?

That's the best description of it I've seen so far! Feels like it's tried to have a Hinterland/Shetland vibe to it but it's not a patch on either of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Feels like it's tried to have a Hinterland/Shetland vibe to it but it's not a patch on either of those.
    Agree, for me Shetland is the gold standard on Brit-Scandi, and Dublin Murders does not come even close !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

geecee wrote: »
    It might have been Tubridy's Saturday night show (Tubridy Tonight?)

Are the main detective and Ryan tubridy related in real life .they are spitting image of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭riddles

I’ve no clue what’s going on in general. A girls found murdered in the woods. People don’t realize Nidge is a major drug dealer. A character called Lexie is dead. I’ll see it through but a lot let complexity and filler could make it a four parter if not 6 at a push.

The end of ep the dad punches the other guy in the nose - the police are right in position to hear a revelation that they are likely involved in the 85 thing. How did they get there so fast? Then despite the Adam chaps life being immersed in the topic he goes “may as well head off now for a shag this stuff I’ve been obsessing about can wait!”

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

I am really enjoying the show. Glad I have sky plus though. There is a lot of pausing, consulting and rewinding. I don’t think I’d watch it on my own. It’s creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

Are the main detective and Ryan tubridy related in real life .they are spitting image of each other

The main detective is brother of TD Eoghan Murphy, in real life...

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

swim2 wrote: »
    The main detective is brother of TD Eoghan Murphy, in real life...

I'd never have know that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Sleepy wrote: »
    If they don't explain
    how Cassie's split personality / imaginary friend physically manifested as a corpse or how Adam wasn't injured despite being found in blood soaked, shredded clothes
    I'm going to be pretty pissed tbh.

I have a feeling you are going to be very disappointed.

I suspect we have already been given the reason for the duplicate. "Met a tutor on the street, moved back from the US etc etc. They have already told her who she is before she says anything"

As for Adam. I don't see that being explained.
    I understand that it isn't explained in the books.

Remember the RTE show about the missing child. It's going to be that all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Please don’t ruin it by discussing what’s explained in the books

I don't want to ruin it. I was just advising a poster that they might like to lower there expectations.

I haven't posted any explanations from the books.
    And I can't seeing as I have never read them.

His name is cillian Murphy and he changed it to killian Scott for obvious reasons

Surprised his brother didn't do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Surprised his brother didn't do the same

Change his name to Cillian Scott?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭prunudo

But crying makes him horny :D

Between this and orange fanta, Killian plays very complex characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,942 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The dark side of our two heroes in episode 4 was excellent, some stinging dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It is better to watch it on BBC1 for at least two reasons. 1. There are no ads. 2. It is on earlier in the week, so you can see it sooner. The only downside, if indeed it is one, is that BBC1 split it up between Monday and Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is anyone having problems trying to watch this on the rte player, the episode won’t upload, have been trying to watch this show since last night. So f*cking annoying.

Easy to solve that, stop watching RTÉ it’s just crap anyway and stop the episode when it’s finished so you don’t have to endure the preview ;)

Watching it on BBC. No adverts.

Watching it on BBC. No adverts.

I haven’t seen any episodes so trying to catch up on them all. I don’t think u can use bbc player in Ireland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I agree they look really alike in this particular role. I never thought it when I saw him in other things.

Not related that I can discover from a quick google (with my genealogy hat on). Killian Scott is Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy's brother though, as mentioned above.

Genealogy Forum Mod

What clown in RTE decided to put a show people might actually watch on from 930 to midnight in the middle of the working week?

The same clown who gave the green light to Doireann Garrihy's new 'comedy' and all of Amy Hubermans back catalogue of shíte im guessing

prunudo wrote: »
    Between this and orange fanta, Killian plays very complex characters.

Killian is a an outstanding actor and was excellent as Tommy. You certainly wouldnt think he was a middle class Dub anyway the way he done it. He caputred the childlike innocence of Tommy in Season 4 of Love/Hate after suffering severe brain injuries very well.

There are ways of watching iplayer here or you can just stream it on another site

It’s ok I got it working. Used google chrome instead.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    It’s ok I got it working. Used google chrome instead.

Best thing I've watched in ages.

Advertisement