Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR - THREE - VODAFONE GENERAL DISCUSSION

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DOC40

Once she is out of contract all she needs to do is change network. Once the port is complete this should cancel the account. To be on the safe side I would ring them also.

Thats what I thought too just to be safer. The problem seems to be to get in contact with them without having to chat to someone on the other side of the world who haven't an idea what you are talking about!!! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Stewball wrote: »
    Anyone know what the minimum top up required to keep a number active?
    I always assumed it was €10 every six months but I noticed they allow €5 top ups on the Vodafone website.

Will a €5 top up keep the number active for another six months?

Yes, have done that for years with a number and it keeps it going for the 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Anyone know what the minimum top up required to keep a number active?
    I always assumed it was €10 every six months but I noticed they allow €5 top ups on the Vodafone website.

Will a €5 top up keep the number active for another six months?

Buying any add-on will reset the clock for another 6 months. In theory a fiver keeps a number active for 360 days (2x180).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Do vodafone send out a new sim card when you upgrade new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Usually but not always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭normanbond

Are staff at Three network still working?
    I note that their Twitter and Facebook accounts are showing no activity for last couple of weeks.
    Have made a verified top up payment to 3 via my bank account yesterday, credit still not applied to phone.
    Three staff not contactable on any platform atm, No 3 chat working, no FB or Twitter activity. Looks like nobody’s at home ????

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

normanbond wrote: »
    I note that their Twitter and Facebook accounts are showing no activity for last couple of weeks.
    Have made a verified top up payment to 3 via my bank account yesterday, credit still not applied to phone.
    Three staff not contactable on any platform atm, No 3 chat working, no FB or Twitter activity. Looks like nobody’s at home ????

It's been like that over a week. I managed to log in lastweek to check my usage and noticed a €20 charge which I wanted to query as I think I was scammed but could not contact them. A disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

normanbond wrote: »

They seem to reply fairly quickly on their three community website if you appear to be very annoyed and threatening to leave the network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0505/1136546-new-vodafone-plans/

Unlimited data on Vodafone bill plans. Welcome development.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

GIMP wrote: »

Some plans have speed capped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

The price of the plans is very expensive versus GoMo, 48 etc.
    The premium price does not mean premium customer service too in my experience.

Some of the plans included unlimited calls to Europe. Might suit some people who are not using WhatsApp, Zoom etc for international calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I honestly think Vodafone are a bit deluded. Those plans are a total rip-off. Can't see them winning back many customers with those plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

DopeTech wrote: »
    I honestly think Vodafone are a bit deluded. Those plans are a total rip-off. Can't see them winning back many customers with those plans.

Especially not with their website, struggling and failing to buy a sim for a week (after they messed up my previous move from Eir).

Multiple failures in different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Just upgraded my phone with the VF Red Standard contract, is there any way i can switch to the Lite plan even though im only after starting my new contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Any network still offering "keep the credit" prepay plans - i see it is even gone from vodafone(or did it happened some time ago?).

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Three and eir still have them.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Three and eir still have them.

Very good, only moved to Vodafone to get a P30 Pro but such a bad experience might unlock and move already

It depends what version of keep credit you're looking for...almost all networks allow top up and retain credit but there's no allowances included. Some plans have keep credit with allowances that are so small, they would only be useful to a minority of customers and those customers wouldn't be making any play store purchases anyway.

- 3 PAYG keep credit 20 is not available to new customers

- Eir PAYG keep credit plans only have small allowances

- Vodafone PAYG did have them, there are opt in SMS codes that might still work but as with Eir the allowances are small

- Tesco PAYG prepay plan has keep credit but it expires along with the plan (after 28 days). AFAIK Tesco credit doesn't work on play store

- Lyca PAYG top up by 15 for calls and 15GB, keep credit to spend on a bundle for the next month (there are a few option, one for 10, another for 15). Generally 15e will last 2 months.

Keep credit with reasonable allowances and play store usable is gone, it's now mostly small allowances and few, if any options to spend it on anything useful.

That's for new customers, existing customers retain whatever they had in the legacy plan.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It depends what version of keep credit you're looking for...almost all networks allow top up and retain credit but there's no allowances included. Some plans have keep credit with allowances that are so small, they would only be useful to a minority of customers and those customers wouldn't be making any play store purchases anyway.

- 3 PAYG keep credit 20 is not available to new customers

- Eir PAYG keep credit plans only have small allowances

- Vodafone PAYG did have them, there are opt in SMS codes that might still work but as with Eir the allowances are small

- Tesco PAYG prepay plan has keep credit but it expires along with the plan (after 28 days). AFAIK Tesco credit doesn't work on play store

- Lyca PAYG top up by 15 for calls and 15GB, keep credit to spend on a bundle for the next month (there are a few option, one for 10, another for 15). Generally 15e will last 2 months.

Keep credit with reasonable allowances and play store usable is gone, it's now mostly small allowances and few, if any options to spend it on anything useful.

That's for new customers, existing customers retain whatever they had in the legacy plan.

Yeah, was going to move to three our second number(now with V payg but signal strenght is not good and data add ons are joke for money(500mb €5)).

I want to keep it on old rules - 6 months without top up not to top up every 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Any idea when phone shops will reopen. They are on the list of what can open from monday coming but 3, vodafone, carphone warehouse seem to have said nothing yet on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

Anyone know if Vodafone are getting this offer back online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Does anyone know if the authentication text issue has been resolved with Vodafone? There was an issue last year where 085 prefixes on Vodafone stopped getting encrypted texts such as verification texts from online banking apps etc

Does anyone know if the authentication text issue has been resolved with Vodafone? There was an issue last year where 085 prefixes on Vodafone stopped getting encrypted texts such as verification texts from online banking apps etc

I haven't had any issue with KBC

I checked EIR - small add ons(500mb/1gb just to check email/whatsapp) that would suit me are double the price of V add one prices 10€ vs 5€.

So the question is can you get vodafone simply payg plan(with kepping my credits) or is it gone now - i just left them 6 months ago to switch to 3 and i regret it as hell as 3 takes charges for Data usage even when mobile data and the rest is switched off.

So the question is can you get vodafone simply payg plan(with kepping my credits) or is it gone now - i just left them 6 months ago to switch to 3 and i regret it as hell as 3 takes charges for Data usage even when mobile data and the rest is switched off.

AFAIK VF ask to pick a plan when joining, all those plans are 20e. To keep credit and use for add ons etc, just top up by 5, 10 or 15. Not sure of the exact top up requirements when joining, porting probably costs nothing, a new number costs 10e but I don't think that is credited to SIM, it's effectively the price of the SIM with new number.

From VF...
    Important Top Up Tips

If you top up in the middle of your top up cycle, i.e during your 28 days, your top up offer will reactivate and your allowances will reset.
    Its simple if you want to add credit to your account in the middle of your top up cycle, just top up in increments of €5, €10 or €15.

Same applies when active top up plan ends.

Eg if buying 5e add on, top up by 5e and then buy the add on from that.
    ...3 takes charges for Data usage even when mobile data and the rest is switched off.

That shouldn't happen, request a data usage report to pinpoint where data is being used. If it's a handset issue then same thing may happen with VF who also charge for data without an active plan or add on (1.99 per day up to 100MB).

Does anyone know if Vodafone include WiFi calling and 4G (VoLTE) calling on their Red Unlimited sim only plan? Their website only refers to older plans and their chat is busy....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭KildareP

Does anyone know if Vodafone include WiFi calling and 4G (VoLTE) calling on their Red Unlimited sim only plan? Their website only refers to older plans and their chat is busy....

No.

VoLTE and WiFi Calling are on 24-month contract plans only according to customer care.

KildareP wrote: »
    No.

VoLTE and WiFi Calling are on 24-month contract plans only according to customer care.

Grand - thanks

That shouldn't happen, request a data usage report to pinpoint where data is being used. If it's a handset issue then same thing may happen with VF who also charge for data without an active plan or add on (1.99 per day up to 100MB).

One of many topics https://community.three.ie/t5/Prepay/Repeatedly-charged-for-data-despite-mobile-data-turned-off/td-p/755210/page/11

And is any network offering 5€/month contract or was it gomo only for short while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Is Three's 28 day prepay unlimited data plan, truly unlimited? Or is it the usual false advertising and they have some sort of a fair usage policy?

Advertisement