Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR - THREE - VODAFONE GENERAL DISCUSSION

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Gooser14

What do think of the new Vodafone app & web site? I think they are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The website is absolutely terrible. It's very hard to find anything in their help section. They should have left it well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Kalyke

The chat function on the App is a joke!!

Kalyke wrote: »
    The chat function on the App is a joke!!

I presume it's the same for everyone else, but you if you use predictive text you have to add in a space between words. Any other app does this automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

My wife has a pay as you go sim with 3. For the last few weeks, on and off she is losing service completely. “No service” constantly on the phone.
    Happened again this morning and I said it could just be a coverage problem. She went out for a walk into the centre of the town and still exact same.

Anyone else have issues with 3 mobile? I’m thinking of getting her a prepaid sim from another provider. Any recommendations? I’ve a work phone that’s with Vodafone which never has such issues. Might look at their prepay plans.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    My wife has a pay as you go sim with 3. For the last few weeks, on and off she is losing service completely. “No service” constantly on the phone.
    Happened again this morning and I said it could just be a coverage problem. She went out for a walk into the centre of the town and still exact same.

Anyone else have issues with 3 mobile? I’m thinking of getting her a prepaid sim from another provider. Any recommendations? I’ve a work phone that’s with Vodafone which never has such issues. Might look at their prepay plans.

Vodafone are by far the best for coverage. Has she tried the sim in a different phone to try replicate the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Been on the 15gb all calls and texts offer from either since meteor introduced it got a text last week telling me I'd need to top up to reactivate my all data and all calls offer going into a store later to ask what's changed and why has anyone else gotten this text

adox wrote:
    My wife has a pay as you go sim with 3. For the last few weeks, on and off she is losing service completely. “No service†constantly on the phone. Happened again this morning and I said it could just be a coverage problem. She went out for a walk into the centre of the town and still exact same.

The sim might be faulty & need to be replaced.

Vodafone are by far the best for coverage. Has she tried the sim in a different phone to try replicate the problem?

Actually just tried now in an old Motorola phone and she has a signal.
    Maybe an issue with her phone(iPhone 6s) or possibly the sim?

Might bring her to a 3 shop and get the sim swapped out first to see if that makes a difference.

Try getting a new sim first. If that doesn't work, it may be a phone issue.

• Advertisement

Try getting a new sim first. If that doesn't work, it may be a phone issue.

Cheers. Yeah will go to a 3 store in the next couple of days for a new sim and see if that helps.

The iPhone was a phone locked to a network but I got it unlocked about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

adox wrote: »
    Actually just tried now in an old Motorola phone and she has a signal.
    Maybe an issue with her phone(iPhone 6s) or possibly the sim?

Might bring her to a 3 shop and get the sim swapped out first to see if that makes a difference.

Could still be an issue with Three network in your area. If your old Motorola does not do 4g and your iPhones6s does then perhaps there is an issue with handover from 4G to 3G or vice versa in your area (which the Motorola would not suffer from as it would be on 3G all the time or 2g if very very old)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Are Three not stocking the 11 pro Max or what? Not available even for preview on the website. Been the same since launch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

Anyone using the new Cloudflare VPN service for android? I'm on three and it seems they're blocking it, just wondering if anyone is seeing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭pgj2015

h

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

circadian wrote: »
    Anyone using the new Cloudflare VPN service for android? I'm on three and it seems they're blocking it, just wondering if anyone is seeing the same.

Using or was using it on Vodafone with no issues

Not a VPN per say

I stopping paying for warp plus as may as well put that money towards a proper VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

jeffk wrote: »
    Using or was using it on Vodafone with no issues

Not a VPN per say

I stopping paying for warp plus as may as well put that money towards a proper VPN

Yeah I'd pay for a decent service but ones that accept Google pay are few and far between. Most have some sort of tracking and logging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

circadian wrote: »
    Yeah I'd pay for a decent service but ones that accept Google pay are few and far between. Most have some sort of tracking and logging.

I know I got windscribe for a year via bargain alerts for a tenner, so didnt mind that

But not sure on what is THE go to one is and then the issue of accepting Google Pay

I did look at some of the names, Nord is google pay, but then its like double per month compared to three year deal online

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My son got a text from Three about a contract change (EU rates or something) - Is this one of those good ones where we can finish the contract early?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

chrislad wrote: »
    My son got a text from Three about a contract change (EU rates or something) - Is this one of those good ones where we can finish the contract early?

Nope, it's a regulatory change AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

duffman13 wrote: »
    Nope, it's a regulatory change AFAIK

Ah well. Thanks for the quick reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

I’m with Vodafone and have an issue where some texts (confirmation texts from banks, two step verification texts from other sources etc) are not getting through to me. Vodafone say it’s a known problem with no resolution date. Does anyone know if this is an issue with other providers? I don’t want to switch and end up with the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Anyone having problems finding the option to purchase a Data Add On on the new vodafone app?
    I've logged in using a laptop too and still can't find the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

I’m with Vodafone and have an issue where some texts (confirmation texts from banks, two step verification texts from other sources etc) are not getting through to me. Vodafone say it’s a known problem with no resolution date. Does anyone know if this is an issue with other providers? I don’t want to switch and end up with the same problem.

its an issue with 085 numbers on vodafone

Have also logged the issue with them and got the same spiel back with no ETA on fixing

BArra wrote: »
    its an issue with 085 numbers on vodafone

Have also logged the issue with them and got the same spiel back with no ETA on fixing

Thanks - that makes sense as I’m 085. Guess I’ll switch so as I’ve a new phone and am limited as to what I can use on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Having the exact same issue with Three and getting similar responses. Can't even access my bank account stuff now as KBC require the phone app for login. Seriously regretting moving to them

xckjoo wrote: »
    Having the exact same issue with Three and getting similar responses. Can't even access my bank account stuff now as KBC require the phone app for login. Seriously regretting moving to them

That's good to know because I was going to switch to Three to sort it...

That's good to know because I was going to switch to Three to sort it...

You will probably need to get a genuine Vodafone 087 or Three 086 number to solve the problem. I'm on the Three network with an 086 number (ex o2 network) & it works fine.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    You will probably need to get a genuine Vodafone 087 or Three 086 number to solve the problem. I'm on the Three network with an 086 number (ex o2 network) & it works fine.

Thanks, I'm reluctant to change my number as I've had it a good few years now. Do you know if the issue affects Eir too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Thanks, I'm reluctant to change my number as I've had it a good few years now. Do you know if the issue affects Eir too?
    I was on Eir with 087 number and didn't have issue. Was with them since the early Meteor days though so not sure if that matters.
    On a side-note, I retried the banking verification and it came through! No idea why it worked this time. Viber and Twitter still not working

Advertisement