Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR - THREE - VODAFONE GENERAL DISCUSSION

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Anj1813

As I understand , you have problem to be loged in from computer. Check, that before your credential (password) you dont have space.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Thanks for your answer, but the password is accurate as is the log in detail.
    There is no space or empty space for letter before the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Anj1813 wrote: »
    Thats the problem. With out vodafone ph No cant be connected.

Go onto their live chat on the support section of the website and they should be able to deal with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Can anyone get Eir customer care by either phone, Twitter or online chat today?

Their customer care is almost non existent these days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Can anyone get Eir customer care by either phone, Twitter or inline chat today?

Their customer care is almost non existent these days

I find that a public post on twitter normally gets a response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭funnyname

Can anyone tell me offhand which provider offers the cheapest wifi calling plan?

Blackspots at home and work so would like to give it a try if available on a 30 day sim only deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭KildareP

Eir

Vodafone don't offer it on their SIM only plans

Three don't offer it at all

Has anyone been able to contact Eir customer care.

I need to order a replacement SIM but I can't get them on the phone and no one answers on Eir Care Twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

I'm on the Eir 5G plan I get good coverage in Limerick but I'm finding the internet connection speed so hit and miss and experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭funnyname

funnyname wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me offhand which provider offers the cheapest wifi calling plan?

Blackspots at home and work so would like to give it a try if available on a 30 day sim only deal.

So I signed up to Eir, they've told me that I'm good to go however no option to select wifi calling on my Moto G7 Plus.

I did a bit of googling and after entering the following code *#*#4636#*#* on my phone I get to the phone info screen and I can see that Wi-fi calling provisioned is greyed out.

Anyone know what I need to do to get this enabled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

funnyname wrote: »
    So I signed up to Eir, they've told me that I'm good to go however no option to select wifi calling on my Moto G7 Plus.

I did a bit of googling and after entering the following code *#*#4636#*#* on my phone I get to the phone info screen and I can see that Wi-fi calling provisioned is greyed out.

Anyone know what I need to do to get this enabled?
    WiFi calling requires carrier-specific firmware in the handset. You need to choose a handset manufacturer that has Eir's settings in their firmware - eg Samsung, Huawei, Apple, Sony. You dont necessarily need to buy the handset from Eir, but you may need to get the Eir firmware flashed in. I dont think Motorola is one of the vendors with compatible handsets for Eir.

Vodafone is now reporting on the website that a number of additional plans being eligible for VoLTE and VoWiFi - including their two SIM only plans:
    https://n.vodafone.ie/support/bill-pay-hub/bill-pay/wi-fi-calling.html

Cheapest SIM only plan is €25 for 6-months then €35 a month, 12-month minimum term, max speed capped at 10Mbps. Or for €35 for 6-months then €45, max available speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

KildareP wrote: »
    Vodafone is now reporting on the website that a number of additional plans being eligible for VoLTE and VoWiFi - including their two SIM only plans:
    https://n.vodafone.ie/support/bill-pay-hub/bill-pay/wi-fi-calling.html

Cheapest SIM only plan is €25 for 6-months then €35 a month, 12-month minimum term, max speed capped at 10Mbps. Or for €35 for 6-months then €45, max available speed.

Good to see that Vodafone are opening up WiFi calling on additional plans - but their service is still quite limited vs the Eir Mobile service - Unlike Eir, Vodafone do not yet support Text Messaging, and do not allow use while roaming (although most of us aren't likely to be roaming any time soon!). Text messaging, while dying out as a means of P2P communication, is still vital for receiving authentication messages from banks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Folks, has anybody noticed a drop off in Three 4G. My internet running very slow at the moment.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I've noticed a big dropoff in eir/goMo signal in recent weeks. Always had some bars before, now I have nothing in places. Data speeds very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

TheDriver wrote: »
    I've noticed a big dropoff in eir/goMo signal in recent weeks. Always had some bars before, now I have nothing in places. Data speeds very bad.

Is your data roaming switched on?

Has anyone managed to port from gomo to eir? Eirs online form doesn't have Gomo as an option for current provider. Want to switch it to a payg network as its a number I won't use anymore but would like to keep active for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

DopeTech wrote: »
    Is your data roaming switched on?

Yes. Just find that GoMo has gone very poor compared to last year. Can't even receive a phone call where before there was no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

gary29428 wrote: »
    Folks, has anybody noticed a drop off in Three 4G. My internet running very slow at the moment.

Thanks.

Yes gone very poor last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone have increased the allowances for their data add ons on PAYG

20GB for 15e (was 15GB)

5GB for 5e (was 1GB)

Might suit someone with low usage and poor coverage on other networks.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Vodafone have increased the allowances for their data add ons on PAYG

20GB for 15e (was 15GB)

5GB for 5e (was 1GB)

Might suit someone with low usage and poor coverage on other networks.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

I would love the option of buying data that lasted a bit longer than 28 days. This would suit me a lot better than more data for the short period. No provider offers that, unfortunately.

Got a SMS today from Eir. See below.

Eir are changing the contracts to some of their Simplicity Unlimited plans.

From 9th Nov the top up duration for the Simply Unlimited plans will change from 28 days to 14 days.

If you top-up before 9th Nov your plan will remain the same(top-up every 28 days) but if you top-up after 9th Nov you will be change to the 14 day plan.

I have checked their website for info but can find any. Maybe they will update it within the next few days.

Eir are changing the contracts to some of their Simply plans.

From 9th Nov the top up duration for the Simply Unlimited plans will change from 28 days to 14 days.

If you top-up before 9th Nov your plan will remain the same(top-up every 28 days) but if you top-up after 9th Nov you will be change to the 14 day plan.

I have checked their website for info but can find any. Maybe they will update it within the next few days.

Bizarre that they would roll this out just as 48 launch their 7.99 a month plan.

Bizarre that they would roll this out just as 48 launch their 7.99 a month plan.
    The Simply Plans were the ones that let you keep all of your credit and gave extremely small allowances rather than consuming all or part of your top up in return for unlimited calls, texts or data:
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/simply-top-up/

The Simply Plans were the ones that let you keep all of your credit and gave extremely small allowances rather than consuming all or part of your top up in return for unlimited calls, texts or data:

These offers are brutal though

I thought that myself

Sorry I should have said Simplicity plans.

My plan is the Simplicity Unlimited Calls for €10 per month.

Simplicity plans
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

Simply plans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir are changing the contracts to some of their Simplicity Unlimited plans.

AIUI, the 10e unlimited calls plan is the only unlimited plan....the 20e and 30e plans are called 'No Limits Data' plans. As such the halving of the plan duration might only apply to the 10e calls plan and to anyone who didn't opt in to the No Limits 20e and 30e plan...possibly by not topping up since No Limits was introduced.

If that interpretation is incorrect and Eir are really doubling the 20 and 30 plans to 40 and 60 then they are effectively shutting down eir prepay. If that's the case then they have lost the plot as they just recently had an offer for new customers with some free credit and reduced handset prices.....or else they're trying to move those PAYG customers on to Gomo which is a bit odd as that's billpay and plenty of people don't want a bill and will move to another PAYG provider.

Can you post the text they sent?

When have eir ever made sense?!

Ten Pin wrote: »
    AIUI, the 10e unlimited calls plan is the only unlimited plan....the 20e and 30e plans are called 'No Limits Data' plans. As such the halving of the plan duration might only apply to the 10e calls plan and to anyone who didn't opt in to the No Limits 20e and 30e plan...possibly by not topping up since No Limits was introduced.

If that interpretation is incorrect and Eir are really doubling the 20 and 30 plans to 40 and 60 then they are effectively shutting down eir prepay. If that's the case then they have lost the plot as they just recently had an offer for new customers with some free credit and reduced handset prices.....or else they're trying to move those PAYG customers on to Gomo which is a bit odd as that's billpay and plenty of people don't want a bill and will move to another PAYG provider.

Can you post the text they sent?

After looking at the text again you might be correct. I missed the link when I read it first because I was using an old phone with a poor screen.

This exact text is below :

Contract Change
    From 9th November, your current Simplicity Unlimited Calls Top Up offer duration will be changing from 28 days to 14 days.

If you activate this offer before November 9th, the offer will remain active for 28 days . Top ups made after November 9th will activate the offer for 14 days.

We are increasing some standard rates and other charges on the Simplicity Plan. We will also be discontinuing the IOU and We text services from December 2020.

For full details see www.eir.ie/prepayupdate2.

If you feel it's not right for you, you are free to choose another offer or withdraw from your contract without penalty, including by ceasing to top-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Stewball

These offers are brutal though

Vodafone have better options. I use their call & data add ons regularly.

Advertisement