Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR - THREE - VODAFONE GENERAL DISCUSSION

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Chancing my arm here but is any of this grounds for cancelling my contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Eddie Ere wrote:
    Chancing my arm here but is any of this grounds for cancelling my contract?

This change is due to a directive issued by Comreg & as such there is no requirement to offer contact cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Has Vodafone any PAYG plans which lets you keep your €20/€30 top up?

I can't seem to find any on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

Have VF changed the top up process for PAYG. Usually too up a day or two before the offer ends and it starts a new month but topped up yesterday and now it's showing as credit in account but offer not activated ?

Speaking to somebody from VF is awful. On hold for the past 20 minutes and live chat is down

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Thanks, I'm reluctant to change my number as I've had it a good few years now. Do you know if the issue affects Eir too?

I'm on Eir with an 086 number (originally O2), and have no problems with texts from bank, revenue, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

I woke up this morning and had a Vodafone message saying that I had used 80% of my 2GB monthly data allowance the previous night at 5:45 am -- in the morning !!! !I was asleep at that time and the phone was on WiFi anyway.

I rang Vodafone and spent THREE hours discussing it with them. They cannot tell me where I was allegedly connecting to and the information is not showing on my online MyVodafone.ie.

I suggested that the same could happen again tonight and I would be no wiser as to how the charge was accruing - they had no answer and promised to call me back -- they didn't call back.

I'm leaving Vodafone.ie -- they charge top dollar and if they are going to say I took down 1.45GB of data while I was asleep but can't show where I was allegedly connecting to then that's a crazy situation.

Be warned -- Vodafone.ie support is a nightmare !! Their charges are dangerous. And their support is as bad if not wose than Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

MunsterM wrote: »
    I'm on Eir with an 086 number (originally O2), and have no problems with texts from bank, revenue, etc.

Thanks - I switched to Eir which immediately resolved the issue. As mentioned here by a previous poster, it seems that Vodafone and Three are having issues with 085 prefix numbers receiving encrypted texts (as most verification texts are). Unfortunately, Vodafone couldn’t say when the issue would be resolved so there was no point in waiting for them to sort it.

FWIW, My experience with Eir both in terms of network and customer service so far has been surprisingly good when compared with Vodafone who seemed to have slipped with customer service recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

I spent THREE HOURS talking to useless Vodafone yesterday. They have totally incompetent help desk staff who have little understanding of how their product works and just keep repeating sentences from scripts and trying to end the call without resolving the issues - a horrible waste of time - as bad as Eir .. if not WORSE ! Be warned if considering moving !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

What was your issue?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What was your issue?

that their phone was connected to the vodafone network and used thier data. Of course its vodafone's fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Switched to Vodafone PAYG today.
    I was hoping to sign up to one of these legacy plans. (Unlimited any network texts + 15GB data + Keep €20 top up every 28 days)

I can't seem to find any information on the website showing me how to sign up.
    I'm also having an issue registering my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Doesn't legacy usually mean they're just for people who signed up to them when the plan was available, but people can't sign up for them anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Doesn't legacy usually mean they're just for people who signed up to them when the plan was available, but people can't sign up for them anymore?

Yeah thats it

Im on one of them for old student deal when I left Vodafone I got a cold call from the North to get me back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.

My 2 year bill-pay contract ended on 25/9 and I phoned on 8/10 and confirmed that I wanted to switch to prepay Vodafone X.

Still have not heard anything back from them, they stated that I would receive a text to top-up - no sign of it 16 days later!

Anyone have a similar experience?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

yermandan wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.

My 2 year bill-pay contract ended on 25/9 and I phoned on 8/10 and confirmed that I wanted to switch to prepay Vodafone X.

Still have not heard anything back from them, they stated that I would receive a text to top-up - no sign of it 16 days later!

Anyone have a similar experience?

Cheers

The only thing to do is to get back on to them. Make sure you have been moved over to your requested plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

I've got my Three credit linked with my Google Wallet, would I be able to use this credit with Google Pay in shops as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Batty Boy

Phaedrus1 wrote: »
    I woke up this morning and had a Vodafone message saying that I had used 80% of my 2GB monthly data allowance the previous night at 5:45 am -- in the morning !!! !I was asleep at that time and the phone was on WiFi anyway.

I rang Vodafone and spent THREE hours discussing it with them. They cannot tell me where I was allegedly connecting to and the information is not showing on my online MyVodafone.ie.

I suggested that the same could happen again tonight and I would be no wiser as to how the charge was accruing - they had no answer and promised to call me back -- they didn't call back.

I'm leaving Vodafone.ie -- they charge top dollar and if they are going to say I took down 1.45GB of data while I was asleep but can't show where I was allegedly connecting to then that's a crazy situation.

Be warned -- Vodafone.ie support is a nightmare !! Their charges are dangerous. And their support is as bad if not wose than Eir.
    2GB is a vary low data allowance this day in age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

circadian wrote: »
    I've got my Three credit linked with my Google Wallet, would I be able to use this credit with Google Pay in shops as well?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Hi Folks,

Long term vodafone mobile user and signed up to gomo

I ported my number over today and got an automated txt saying "Your port is now complete. Thank you for your business with Vodafone"

I contacted their customer service to ask how to close my account as the next step and the agent said my account is already closed and disconnected the chat..

Just wondering if when you do port a number, thats it?.. or do i need to do anything else?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Buttercake wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Long term vodafone mobile user and signed up to gomo

I ported my number over today and got an automated txt saying "Your port is now complete. Thank you for your business with Vodafone"

I contacted their customer service to ask how to close my account as the next step and the agent said my account is already closed and disconnected the chat..

Just wondering if when you do port a number, thats it?.. or do i need to do anything else?

Thanks

Nothing else. Your account with your old provider is auto closed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Anybody having problems logging in to 3Plus? I haven't been able to login since last Thursday & haven't been able to re-set the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Harry0233

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    Has Vodafone any PAYG plans which lets you keep your €20/€30 top up?

I can't seem to find any on their website.

I called their sales line and got an offer to port back: X plan with 10 euro credit back every time I top up to renew the plan. Not too shabby.

Harry0233 wrote: »
    I called their sales line and got an offer to port back: X plan with 10 euro credit back every time I top up to renew the plan. Not too shabby.

Interesting that Vodafone are now also attempting to retain GoMo porting customers.

That said, the cost of the plan is still double the cost of GoMo and does not include unlimited calls and unlimited data.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Vodafone is a pain in the arse ...keep getting not on registered network error ...the lady tried to set it up in store although to be honest she seemed bloody clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

ignore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Anyone having problems getting Vodafone to close an account after porting? There was a couple of months left on the contract but their assurances that the account would be closed and a final bill sent haven't materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

I was eligible for an upgrade with Vodafone after the 22nd when my 24 month contract would expire, but when I check my upgrade availability now it has changed and simply says that I am not eligible for an upgrade?!

Mr rebel wrote: »
    I was eligible for an upgrade with Vodafone after the 22nd when my 24 month contract would expire, but when I check my upgrade availability now it has changed and simply says that I am not eligible for an upgrade?!

Rather than locking yourself in for another 2 years, so are far better off getting a sim free phone and choosing GoMo or another low cost sim-free option. Vodafone have the high quality Google Pixel 3A for 179 EUR currently, which is sim free, you just need to use a sim from another network, and port that sim into Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Signed up to eirs unlimited data deal 20 euro per month a few months ago, I just hit the data cap and now it's throttled for the next few days , I topped up thinking it would reactivate the deal but it looks like it won't until the 28 days are up, is there anyway to activate it now as the throttled speed is unusable ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They sell add ons...
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/add-ons/

20e for 15GB
    15e for 7.5GB
    10e for 1GB
    5e for 500MB

Not great value really.

How slow are the speeds? Reports from gomo thread say they were throttled to 256kbps.

Advertisement