Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confessions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Ive shat myself at least five times in my adult life ...i shouldent be eating dairy...but yeno cheese is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't always feel sorry for people with a sob story!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I hate jeans. I just don't get one to fit right and they're uncomfortable on me.

I'm also jealous of every woman that can buy all the pretty summer shoes. I was born with incredibly wide feet (thanks da) and don't fit into anything nice. Often even wide fit isn't wide enough :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I don't believe addiction is a real thing. You don't "need" drugs/cigarettes/alcohol/to gamble etc... you choose to do it and won't put the required effort in to stop doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Autecher wrote: »
    I don't believe addiction is a real thing. You don't "need" drugs/cigarettes/alcohol/to gamble etc... you choose to do it and won't put the required effort in to stop doing it.

If alcohol addiction was a disease, how come those in Africa ( too poor to afford a pint) are not afflicted with this so called disease?

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    If alcohol addiction was a disease, how come those in Africa ( too poor to afford a pint) are not afflicted with this so called disease?
    Exactly, though plenty of people in Africa can afford a pint but I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Most people who know me tell me I have a posh D4 accent, and don't even realise that half of my family are from the shticks near the Kerry/Limerick border. I hate outright rejecting people, so I have occasionally switched into a nigh incomprehensible exaggeration of my dad's accent in order to make a woman lose interest on a night out. If she doesn't and can actually understand what I'm saying, in my view she's probably got a more interesting story than I thought and is worth chatting to to see what happens :D:D:D

Thinly veiled women approach me all the time..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Thats because they're at ease, not diss eased....

Only a small percentage of people are capable of putting the effort in, but addiction is real believe you me it's real.

Plenty of accidemically intelligent people out there succomed to addiction and are pushing up the daisies.

I've an addictive personality but from year's of effort I have learned to compartmentalise thing's for my own good.

But I'll never touch a drink or a recreational drug again, last time I had a drink or drug was September 2003.

I've nothing against drink or soft drug's, but for my own sanity and well being noooo way hozay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'm addicted to w@nking. I'm at it right now, sat at my desk in work.

Don't you dare tell me th........ urggghhhhh.................urghhhhhhh.............aahhhhh,

That's better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I’ve just eaten six sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm into leather

nthclare wrote: »
    Only a small percentage of people are capable of putting the effort in, but addiction is real believe you me it's real.

Plenty of accidemically intelligent people out there succomed to addiction and are pushing up the daisies.

I've an addictive personality but from year's of effort I have learned to compartmentalise thing's for my own good.

But I'll never touch a drink or a recreational drug again, last time I had a drink or drug was September 2003.

I've nothing against drink or soft drug's, but for my own sanity and well being noooo way hozay
    I disagree that addiction is real, I think addictions are really deeply ingrained habits but at the same time it does take a lot of effort to kick a habit like that so well done of 16 years sobriety. I don't want to take this thread off topic but if you want to start a thread on this I will go more into my reasoning as you can with yours too of course. Who knows maybe I'll even learn something and realise I am wrong!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Yesterday I drove at 17kph in a 15kph zone.

I disagree that addiction is real, I think addictions are really deeply ingrained habits but at the same time it does take a lot of effort to kick a habit like that so well done of 16 years sobriety. I don't want to take this thread off topic but if you want to start a thread on this I will go more into my reasoning as you can with yours too of course. Who knows maybe I'll even learn something and realise I am wrong!! :eek:

Well I'd say you're right in some ways, I think we both have a point.

Im very busy but feel free to PM me, and when I can I'll respond.

I've known people who are qualified psychotherapists, spiritual gurus, CEOs of companies, cognitive behavioural therapists and psychologists and they for the life of themselves cannot get clean and sober.

Some say its a spiritual sickness,others say it's habitual and others say it's a lack of self discipline.

What works for me is just being thankful I'm a sober man, realize that I cannot ever drink again and am a great full exe drunk and addict.

Just living a simple life, I'm single have a son who's just turned 18.
    Grow my own food, love the wilderness, and now and again I'll venture into cities, go to the odd gig with friends.
    Be it a trad session, band or a few hours of deep house or minimal techno I'm able to enjoy it drink or drug free...

Of course there's drug's and alcohol all around, especially on the dance scene....

A few old timers who can take it or leave it have the odd E or line....

But you can see how they've aged over the years...

Hope I'm not derailing the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I shot a man in Reno.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Yes I tried it

Not worth a sh1te, had two 250 euro steroid injections and they were also useless, only thing which does help is a tens machine but when the pain gets really bad, even that is little help

would acupuncture help al all,?had it a few times for back pain found it very relaxing, have a chat with some of those Chinese guy's they may be able to come up with something. hope you find something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Thoie wrote: »
    Yesterday I drove at 17kph in a 15kph zone.

your living on the edge there,:eek:

My favourite section of the Family Album catalogue was the female swimwear section.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When I was younger, I used to take the cleaning checklist rota thing from the toilets in pubs and nightclubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

branie2 wrote: »
    My favourite section of the Family Album catalogue was the female swimwear section.

We know ya durty bollix ;)

I watched Bosco when I was a teenager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I shot a man in Reno.

...just to watch him die.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I hate religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

branie2 wrote: »
    I also like Fair City

+1, I record it

I once walked down the goats trail at the cliff's of moher, in a wetsuit bodyboard and fins under my arm.
    Paddled out to Aileen's it was supposedly 4 ft and a 14 second period between wave's...

A rouge set came in and it jacked up to the height of a two story house, got caught up in the inside and got hammered by the wash...

I now know how a cat feels after sneaking into a washing machine.

Me 0 nature 10

It turns out I do have a few that I can share.

I'm petrified of being an old lady
    Sometimes when I need to poo I'm like "nah not bothered right now I'll wait till later".
    I don't visit my mam as often as I should.
    I've chucked glass bottles in to the regular bin
    I don't believe there is such a thing as an addictive personality.
    I used to be crazy
    Now and then I feel like I still am.
    Like when I'm driving and let out a big scream.
    I don't see the world through a lens of men and women but people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

nthclare wrote: »
    I once walked down the goats trail at the cliff's of moher, in a wetsuit bodyboard and fins under my arm.
    Paddled out to Aileen's it was supposedly 4 ft and a 14 second period between wave's...

A rouge set came in and it jacked up to the height of a two story house, got caught up in the inside and got hammered by the wash...

I now know how a cat feels after sneaking into a washing machine.

Me 0 nature 10

If it was only 4ft, could you not wait for a wave to pass, place the board between Goats path and Aileens, and walk accross in the 14s?
    You wouldnt even need a wet suit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When driving I move over to let bikers pass not only out of being decent but for the tingle I get when they drop the hand in thanks :)

• Advertisement

If it was only 4ft, could you not wait for a wave to pass, place the board between Goats path and Aileens, and walk accross in the 14s?
    You wouldnt even need a wet suit

The only problem is there's a huge reef where Aileen's is positioned, I didn't realize it and a four foot swell at Aileen's could have a 16 foot face.

It's all about calculated risks, obviously I love dangerous lol

I'll give Riley's.... that's a beast he's more heavier and agressive than Aileen

Aileen would eat you up and spit you out, Riley will just life you up and throw you onto the wocks lol

Advertisement