Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confessions

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Iv gotten accustomed to pissing in the sink while I use my electric razor (on my face)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-ydsa, this is a fun thread. Do not use it to take digs at other forums on boards and 51% of the population. Same warning goes for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Iv gotten accustomed to pissing in the sink while I use my electric razor (on my face)

At least your not pi**ing in the kettle!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I love my children to bits but after 3 years at home, I can't wait to work again full-time. I do not enjoy being a stay-at-home, it made me lonely and depressed. I am done with the financial prudence where every cent is accounted for.
    I didn't connect well to the mothers around because my goals are different, my values are different and I don't care about local gossip, that's what keeps everyone together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Every minute of every day I'm in pain to some degree ( today is a 9) chronic pain is so merciless that suicide seems entirely logical, I'm not depressed, I'm reasonably well off and have a wonderful young family but no way can I tolerate another forty years of chronic pain, I'll have surgery next year but after that I'm open to every option at my disposal

I'm brutally unsentimental

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Every minute of every day I'm in pain to some degree ( today is a 9) chronic pain is so merciless that suicide seems entirely logical, I'm not depressed, I'm reasonably well off and have a wonderful young family but no way can I tolerate another forty years of chronic pain, I'll have surgery next year but after that I'm open to every option at my disposal

I'm brutally unsentimental

You poor thing. :(

I hope the surgery surpasses your hopes.

Candie wrote: »
    You poor thing. :(

I hope the surgery surpasses your hopes.

It probably won't as chronic pain is common post surgery, those with chronic pain live with a situation where the brain perceives routine ordeals to be a catastrophe, I'm on my second experience

First was following a broken rib in 2007, pain lasted five and a half years

Current experience began June 1st 2018 but the pain is much more severe, a 25kg block fell four feet onto my right foot, it was entirely someone else's fault, bizzarely nothing broke but of course nerve damage does not show up in any scans.

Ireland is a rough place to live with chronic pain, the medical culture here is the opposite of the usa, puritanical attitudes to pain, it's viewed as good for the soul to endure it and they prescribe grossly under strength medication for everything

Makes little difference to me anyway as I get stomach ulcers if I take oral medication for any length of time

It probably won't as chronic pain is common post surgery, those with chronic pain live with a situation where the brain perceives routine ordeals to be a catastrophe, I'm on my second experience

First was following a broken rib in 2007, pain lasted five and a half years

This experience began June 1st 2018 but the pain is much more severe, a 25kg block fell four feet onto my right foot, it was entirely someone else's fault, bizzarely nothing broke but of course nerve damage does not show up in any scans.

Ireland is a rough place to live with chronic pain, the medical culture here is the opposite of the usa, puritanical attitudes to pain, it's viewed as good for the soul to endure it and they prescribe grossly under strength medication for everything

Makes little difference to me anyway as I get stomach ulcers if I take oral medication for any length of time

I have nerve damage in my arm. Shoulder to fingers. Very light exercise and good diet are the only things that come close to helping

I have nerve damage in my arm. Shoulder to fingers. Very light exercise and good diet are the only things that come close to helping

And did - do you find that most doctors have an extremely limited understanding of pain as an ongoing condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I would kill everyone in this thread for a drop of sweet beer.

• Advertisement

And did - do you find that most doctors have an extremely limited understanding of pain as an ongoing condition

That sounds awful, have you tried CBDoil, I found it fantastic for joint pain and it had the added bonus of mellowing me out in general, hope your surgery is successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Nosnon wrote: »
    Mod-ydsa, this is a fun thread. Do not use it to take digs at other forums on boards and 51% of the population. Same warning goes for all.

It was a joke - I was pretending to be outraged at the idea of someone 'cheating' on Boards by viewing Mumsnet.

(Unless your mod note is also a joke - and you're simply pretending to believe that I was being serious. In which case, fair play)

That sounds awful, have you tried CBDoil, I found it fantastic for joint pain and it had the added bonus of mellowing me out in general, hope your surgery is successful.

Yes I tried it

Not worth a sh1te, had two 250 euro steroid injections and they were also useless, only thing which does help is a tens machine but when the pain gets really bad, even that is little help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

It was a joke - I was pretending to be outraged at the idea of someone 'cheating' on Boards by viewing Mumsnet.

(Unless your mod note is also a joke - and you're simply pretending to believe that I was being serious. In which case, fair play)

In fairness, Mumsnet is a low blow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

I attended a fair few illegal road races in my youth in several different counties

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

I hate going abroad. I love Irish weather and Irish towns

I drunkenly stole a bicycle in Mallow in 1995. Sorry if it was yours :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Yes I tried it

Not worth a sh1te, had two 250 euro steroid injections and they were also useless, only thing which does help is a tens machine but when the pain gets really bad, even that is little help

Is smoking weed an option for you? Used to treat all sorts of pain in the US.

Very poor. I had to travel to the UK for a proper diagnosis. In fairness to my consultant here he sent me for ever type of test he thought might show the problem. Most done multiple times .

Once in the UK the guy gave me a 3 hour proper exam with his hands and gave me a diagnosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My bad then. Probably funny if we were all in a room together but in text it doesn't come across that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I try and imagine what some posters look like sometimes!

I try and imagine what some posters look like sometimes!
    Me too...
    4969612.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I spent 3 years saving my money driving a wreck of a car so I could buy myself a Nissan leaf electric car .

Researched the sh1te out of it for years ...

Told everyone I work with and friends I was buying one.

Took a week off to go looking at them when time came and bought a Hyundai i40 estate ......

Very poor. I had to travel to the UK for a proper diagnosis. In fairness to my consultant here he sent me for ever type of test he thought might show the problem. Most done multiple times .

Once in the UK the guy gave me a 3 hour proper exam with his hands and gave me a diagnosis.

I might pm you tomorrow for a contact in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

I spent 3 years saving my money driving a wreck of a car so I could buy myself a Nissan leaf electric car .

Researched the sh1te out of it for years ...

Took a week off to go looking at them when time came and bought a Hyundai i40 estate ......

Cool

I might pm you tomorrow for a contact in the UK?

Sure. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When I would be driving at night, I used to collect cats eyes that had been knocked out of their sockets. They would be shining at the side of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Up Donegal wrote: »
    When I would be driving at night, I used to collect cats eyes that had been knocked out of their sockets. They would be shining at the side of the road.

Post reported for animal cruelty. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Up Donegal wrote: »
    And wtf would you do with them??

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Probably used to make other reflective signage.

Advertisement