Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

She is terrified of getting properly on the wrong side of the law

And rightly so. If she ended up in court for any reason she would be so open to examination and she would be exposed to disclose info she wouldn't want exposed.

Shes a mouth basically, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,586 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The Nal wrote: »
    On this morning. She used to get a couple of thousand on her youtube channel. Now currently 402.

lol
    What medium is she on these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Don't get her started on mediums :P
    The ghosts of dead Irish patriots will never let her alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shes been reduced to bashing Lidl because one of their ads had a mixed race couple. Sad stuff really, spending your days doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Decent response from Lidl... fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Nal wrote: »
    On this morning. She used to get a couple of thousand on her youtube channel. Now currently 402.

lol
    People are finally starting to realise that spreading the message of people you disagree with has the exact opposite effect you intended.

Ignoring them and not relaying their message is far more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Can someone screenshot the offending tweet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Can someone screenshot the offending tweet?

She's also been targeting Irish rail and the TV license for having non white people in ads.

attachment.php?attachmentid=490152&d=1567950831

• Registered Users Posts: 19,128 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

batgoat wrote: »
    She's also been targeting Irish rail and the TV license for having non white people in ads.

[IMG][/img]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=490152&d=1567950831

Great replacement? Who the **** does she think she is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,955 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

everlast75 wrote: »
    Great replacement? Who the **** does she think she is?

W o k e

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

[IMG][/img]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=490152&d=1567950831

so looking at lidls site it appears that its the extended family (her parents included) that are 'the ryans' , they never mention her partners last name which is unlikely to be ryan. I think somebody just balls'd this one up making the ad.

that said, advertisers do like promoting multiculturalism visually, yet often try to avoid using hard to pronounce / unfamiliar names in ad's as it makes a lot of people feel uneasy.

so looking at lidls site it appears that its the extended family (her parents included) that are 'the ryans' , they never mention her partners last name which is unlikely to be ryan. I think somebody just balls'd this one up making the ad.

that said, advertisers do like promoting multiculturalism visually, yet often try to avoid using hard to pronounce / unfamiliar names in ad's as it makes a lot of people feel uneasy.

To most normal thinking people, it doesn't make a ****ing difference what names are used in a poxy advert.

Ffs - far too much time on her ****ing hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

How in the name of Christ is this what you've gotten from her pushing a racist conspiracy and targeting individuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

"Shop Irish buy Irish" - I don't think Dunnes want this kind of promotion! In any case does she not get that even if a retailer is Irish owned the vast majority of their supplies, with the exception of some food items, are foreign sourced.

Why can't it be Ryan?

Have we forgot about the McGraths's?

manchester-united-footballer-paul-mcgrath-at-home-with-his-family-picture-id530773586

How in the name of Christ is this what you've gotten from her pushing a racist conspiracy and targeting individuals?

she said lidl were injecting multiculturalism by calling a family with a black man 'the ryans' so i went and checked their site and saw that ryan is the surname of her family and they are 'the ryans' as lidl are talking about.

So yes she has completely invented this 'great replacement' crap and turned what was presumably a photoshop mistake (not including her parents) into some sort of racist agenda.

if you read what I say without pre-determining that im saying things you don't like, you might find out that we can agree sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

That Lidl tweet. Wow. Real proper hate from her and her followers, especially on face book where she blocks multiple comments on each thread. Must be time consuming being that bitter and twisted.

To most normal thinking people, it doesn't make a ****ing difference what names are used in a poxy advert.

Ffs - far too much time on her ****ing hands.

talk to somebody who works in advertising, especially doing print ads for products bought by families and women specifically and they'll openly tell you that printing 'how much did the mohammed-ilhams' or the 'Okonkwo's' save is a bad idea for business in Ireland because like it or not there is a psychology behind it and people do care, especially those in poorer socio-economic groups that companies like lidl target.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

https://twitter.com/JustinBarrettNP/status/1170660298652565505

Strange advert from An Post that in fairness. Who is the black lad, the adopted son? Where is the father?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/JustinBarrettNP/status/1170660298652565505

Strange advert from An Post that in fairness. Who is the black lad, the adopted son? Where is the father?

Who.
    Gives.
    A.
    ****?

Who.
    Gives.
    A.
    ****?
    Triggered much? I just find it odd, the family dynamic isn't very clear.

Who.
    Gives.
    A.
    ****?

if nobody cares who's in these family advertising photos, why arent they all all-white straight families like they all were 20 years ago here, sure it doesn't matter, why not just re-use the old model.

if nobody cares who's in these family advertising photos, why arent they all all-white straight families like they all were 20 years ago here, sure it doesn't matter, why not just re-use the old model.
    It doesn't bother me and I have no time for Barrett etc but just a strange ad from An Post.

I think its an adopted son. No father. Not exactly a common family dynamic !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,440 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

that said, advertisers do like promoting multiculturalism visually, yet often try to avoid using hard to pronounce / unfamiliar names in ad's as it makes a lot of RACIST people feel uneasy.

Fixed that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

she said lidl were injecting multiculturalism by calling a family with a black man 'the ryans' so i went and checked their site and saw that ryan is the surname of her family and they are 'the ryans' as lidl are talking about.

So yes she has completely invented this 'great replacement' crap and turned what was presumably a photoshop mistake (not including her parents) into some sort of racist agenda.

if you read what I say without pre-determining that im saying things you don't like, you might find out that we can agree sometimes.

That's been doing the rounds for decades. The Coudenhove-Kalergi Plan.

Ridiculous gob****ery that is spun by grifters like O'Doherty to try to....I don't even know what anymore.

It's not like she'd making a ton money off this ****e either.

Gemmas husband was Italian wasn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,242 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She is now ranting about a cat because it is a mix of black and white.....not joking....lol

Triggered much? I just find it odd, the family dynamic isn't very clear.

Lol- triggered? What's next? Call me a libtard... or a cuck?

You're the guy bothered by the name on an advert. Step away from the keyboard. Go get some fresh air.... and some ****ing perspective.

• Advertisement

Lol- triggered? What's next? Call me a libtard... or a cuck?

You're the guy bothered by the name on an advert. Step away from the keyboard. Go get some fresh air.... and some ****ing perspective.
    Chilla fella, I think you need to take your own advice. I'm not bothered about any name on an advert, I never commented on the LIDL one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement