Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

So Nazi Boy was real all along and avidly supports Naziism. Funny how it's gone quiet from Gemmas supporters.

He looks like a plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Palmach wrote: »
    He looks like a plant.

so he decided to double down on being a plant by exposing himself as a nazi on twitter? he is really dedicated so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He looks like a plant.

If it was a masked guy hiding his identity during the protest, he may have been a plant.

Someone not hiding their face, then outright showing their face and all but saying "Yeah, I'm a Nazi", is not a plant. No one would risk their reputation by pretending to support such an ideology just to try and make Gemma O'Doherty look bad. Nobody cares about her that much.

It's pretty infuriating that the likes of Stephen15 can delete his account, and the other posters that supported him won't come back on the thread now that there's proof it wasn't a plant.

It's like trying to argue with smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

She was normal until her husband died. It is possible to be bad and mad.

People claiming she is suffering from mental health issues are making these claims (as far as I can tell) due to the opinions she is expressing. There is nothing in what she is expressing that would necessarily indicate that she is mentally insane: it's fairly run of the mill alt-right stuff.

Not only that, but everything about what she's doing and how she's going about it follows a fairly standard pattern with regards to alt-righters. I think she's a lot more calculating than people give her credit for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It's pretty infuriating that the likes of Stephen15 can delete his account, and the other posters that supported him won't come back on the thread now that there's proof it wasn't a plant.

It's like trying to argue with smoke.

cowardice noun
    cow·​ard·​ice | \ ˈkau̇(-ə)r-dəs , dialectal -(ˌ)dīs\
    Definition of cowardice
    : lack of courage or firmness of purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He looks like a plant.

Spud, aubergine, cabbage............?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Achasanai wrote: »
    People claiming she is suffering from mental health issues are making these claims (as far as I can tell) due to the opinions she is expressing. There is nothing in what she is expressing that would necessarily indicate that she is mentally insane: it's fairly run of the mill alt-right stuff.

Not only that, but everything about what she's doing and how she's going about it follows a fairly standard pattern with regards to alt-righters. I think she's a lot more calculating than people give her credit for.

Absolutely agree, she's very calculating. For example she wasn't there at the same time as Justin Barrett or the Game of Thrones guy just so she could claim plausible deniability if they went too far.

Also, the day of the counter protest she wasn't there either in case it all kicked off and again so she could claim plausible deniability about the Nazis there.

She also stays very carefully on the border of out and out racism on Twitter so she doesn't get banned off there and retweets the really scary stuff with no opinion so she can claim she was just sharing something and didn't express that view.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    She also stays very carefully on the border of out and out racism on Twitter so she doesn't get banned off there and retweets the really scary stuff with no opinion so she can claim she was just sharing something and didn't express that view.

Which is partly what shes "suing" Panti Bliss for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

gmisk wrote: »
    False flag!!!!
    Deepfake!!!!

If it looks like a nazi...salutes like a nazi...guess what...

The second image....irish flag with a nazi symbol in the middle....lovely.

The posting style is completely inorganic, random pieces with swastikas and silly IRA memes posted, absolutely no real response or content that anyone vaugely interested in a platform would share. Theres no pattern, no outrage, its a feed that shares for the sake of sharing.

Account registered the day donald trump came to Ireland, follows all the 'right wing' people that are hot on the news but no involvement and never seen before. Even actual neo-nazi's rarely dedicate their page to literally only neo-nazi content.

ill say the post gives more credence to him being real but it feels fake as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The posting style is completely inorganic, random pieces with swastikas and silly IRA memes posted, absolutely no real response or content that anyone vaugely interested in a platform would share. Theres no pattern, no outrage, its a feed that shares for the sake of sharing.

Account registered the day donald trump came to Ireland, follows all the 'right wing' people that are hot on the news but no involvement and never seen before. Even actual neo-nazi's rarely dedicate their page to literally only neo-nazi content.

ill say the post gives more credence to him being real but it feels fake as hell

Eh twitter neo Nazis regularly dedicate their accounts to neo nazi ****e...

She retweeted something in German today and I seriously doubt that she speaks German??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Odhinn wrote: »
    Spud, aubergine, cabbage............?

Turnip

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

I'm not claiming she's mad, but I am speculating about the possibility she has a cluster of personality disorders. That's not 'madness' in the sense that she is deranged. In her case, it's a set of identifiable disorders that when grouped together make someone far more self-serving and sociopathic than the average individual.

Gemma exhibits many of the markers for Cluster B personality disorders. It doesn't excuse her behaviour or explain her beliefs, but it does point to how dangerous such a person might be. At the very least she is a malignant narcissist.

So, far from excusing her, I'm proposing that she is not only almost impossible to 'cure' but that she is extremely calculating in how she achieves her ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

batgoat wrote: »
    So that Barrow Street plant has turned up.. Turns out he is in fact a neo nazi and has nothing to do with the left. So all the conspiracies about him being staged or whatever are untrue.

https://twitter.com/GaelicSS/status/1168241991437750274?s=19
    3...2..1 and he is suspended....what a loss lol

https://twitter.com/account/suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Anybody got a screenshot of that tweet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Anybody got a screenshot of that tweet?

Yep, I'm prepared!

attachment.php?attachmentid=489817&d=1567521239

batgoat wrote: »
    Yep, I'm prepared!
    Its pity you dont have the rest of them.....in a word....unhinged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Gemma is sort of an Irish Katie Hopkins. Except that Hatey Katie is far more calculating and venal. She's been on the radio* here where she comes across, or tries to, as normal and even likeable. She even has a husband who's supposed to be a liberal and a 'nice bloke'. doesn't stop her spewing her bile about machine-gunning immigrants, etc.

I think Gemma is genuinely deranged, though. Not that it excuses her in any way. Wasn't her husband Peter Carvosso, from the Indo? I sort of knew him professionally.

* Just the sort of controverdial, own-the-libtards guest that Ivan "Trumpy" Yates like to cozy up to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Cyclepath wrote: »
    I'm not claiming she's mad, but I am speculating about the possibility she has a cluster of personality disorders. That's not 'madness' in the sense that she is deranged. In her case, it's a set of identifiable disorders that when grouped together make someone far more self-serving and sociopathic than the average individual.

Gemma exhibits many of the markers for Cluster B personality disorders. It doesn't excuse her behaviour or explain her beliefs, but it does point to how dangerous such a person might be. At the very least she is a malignant narcissist.

So, far from excusing her, I'm proposing that she is not only almost impossible to 'cure' but that she is extremely calculating in how she achieves her ends.

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess when I see 'mentally deranged' as used by a lot of the people that do so online - not you, or anyone here necessarily - it seems to be used to indicate the stereotype of someone requiring immediate locking up, and not the more 'nuanced' type of mental illness that you describe. I would agree that for someone to be as calculating as she is with her sudden shift towards the alt-right would indicate sociopathic tendencies.

davedanon wrote: »
    Gemma is sort of an Irish Katie Hopkins. Except that Hatey Katie is far more calculating and venal. She's been on the radio* here where she comes across, or tries to, as normal and even likeable. She even has a husband who's supposed to be a liberal and a 'nice bloke'. doesn't stop her spewing her bile about machine-gunning immigrants, etc.

I think Gemma is genuinely deranged, though. Not that it excuses her in any way. Wasn't her husband Peter Carvosso, from the Indo? I sort of knew him professionally.

* Just the sort of controverdial, own-the-libtards guest that Ivan "Trumpy" Yates like to cozy up to.

I seem to remember reading that her dad (Hopkins) sends a sympathy card to her husband each year for their wedding anniversary. I don't know if it is true or just a publicly stunt, but if it's the latter its not painting a good picture.

In terms of Gemma its possible to be both racist etc and have mental health issues (more the conspiracy theory side of her guff I'm referring to here).
    I do think she needs help, but that doesn't mean it's an excuse for the stuff she puts out and reposts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭banie01

davedanon wrote: »

Katie Hopkins and her husband are comparable to Kellie Anne Conway and George IMO.
    Albeit without the psuedo political jobs.

Gemma is far more comparable to Alex Jones, in that the vast majority of her ****e is unfounded bilious tripe that she seems to think repeating loudly, makes true.

She had a click funnel income that Google have taken away.
    She is a liar, a homophobe, an islamophobe and a racist.
    Her descent into this rabbit hole, is documented in her Twitter timeline.
    There is certainly some degree of cognitive impairment at play and I do hope that is dealt with but, as a person who portrays herself as a paragon of Irishness?

She is abhorrent!
    I grew up in an Ireland of a 1000 welcomes, where charity was its own reward and where the colour and religion of my neighbours weren't what formed my opinion of them.
    Rather how they behaved.

Unless those neighbours were Rangers supporters or Prods of course :P

Gemma doesn't have a patch on Katie Hopkins, Katie knows how to be civilised and friendly when she wants to be and will debate the best of them.

Gemma hasn't the balls to debate anyone, she's been invited on TV and radio and won't do it and yet screams about MSM not paying any attention to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

To be fair a lot of it is much worse and crazier than run of the mill alt right. Like a lot of her racist supporters distanced themselves on the chemtrails etc

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

it's fairly run of the mill alt-right stuff.

I'd be pretty keen to hypothesize that everyone who is convinced by the run of the mill alt-right stuff is:
    • Mentally ill, or
    • incapable of independent critical thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Seemingly she wasn't able to do her live video stream last night because of some technical difficulties and she's blaming the NWO or lizard people or someone else who's trying to silence her "truth"
    Demented

Snotty wrote: »
    Seemingly she wasn't able to do her live video stream last night because of some technical difficulties and she's blaming the NWO or lizard people or someone else who's trying to silence her "truth"
    Demented
    If only we had 5G!...

Snotty wrote: »
    Demented

On this morning. She used to get a couple of thousand on her youtube channel. Now currently 402.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

The Nal wrote: »
    On this morning. She used to get a couple of thousand on her youtube channel. Now currently 402.

lol

I'd imagine most of those were out of morbid curiousity.

The most reprehensible facet of her character is her cowardice. It is plain to see that she will bitch and moan and whine until the Gardai threaten her with arrest, once it goes that far she legs it. I've absolutely no time for the Irish left, they are a rabble of entitled, lazy, low intellect fascists and losers for the most part, but the second she heard of a counter protest coming to Google on the Saturday she cancelled her own protest for the day and refused to show up (although her own supporters showed).

Likewise, the second the guards read her the riot act about noise pollution she seemed to disappear from the street protests, leaving her underlings to carry it on. The very second it seems sh1t is about to get serious enough for an arrest to be made she legs it.

For all her bluster about boycotting RTE I could bet you a grand she faithfully pays her TV licence annually. She is terrified of getting properly on the wrong side of the law, she's happier on the fence shouting nonsense not bad enough to get arrested for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement