Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Correct. It isn't a crime to be a racist but in her case it's clearly part of her illness.

it is a crime isn't it? unless you keep it to yourself i guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

it is a crime isn't it? unless you keep it to yourself i guess :)
    This is UK but id think we are similar..so yeah a crime unless you keep it under your hat so to speak

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/hate-crime/racist-and-religious-hate-crime/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

She is a walking argument against freedom of speech.

I'm mostly for freedom of speech but anyone spouting nonsense on her level should be sectioned for the public good.
    Or at the very least prosecutable for disseminating dangerous nonsense (anti-vax, chemtrails, "something in the water") sort of sh1te is actually dangerously stupid guff to be spouting out, without a shred of scientific, mathematical or logical reasoning or evidence.

Retraction and public apology level, just the humiliation of having to stand up in public and admit she is full of sh1t. Then she can happily spin off back to anonymity and chain herself to a search engine or whatever it is she wants to do without attracting a crowd of cretins to make a public nuisance.

Makes me wonder what her business plan is. Are her media followers just sadists watching her have an online mental breakdown for kicks, are they bots to bolster the numbers, or are they just people who follow her on the off chance that some day she might kick over a nest of hornets instead of just kicking piles of cowsh1te in a paddock full of crazy and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Fair play to you Odhinn for sitting through an hour of her voice.

You really took one for the team. ;)

I have an arse like a blood orange because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

She is currently suing everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 fat zombie

She is not published in any newspapers in Ireland
    She is not on any Radio in Ireland
    She is not on any TV in Ireland

She is constantly posted here on Boards,

Dont post about her here and she will disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

fat zombie wrote: »

Every news paper is writing about her. And they should. No its not feeding her. Its showing another angle. The correct one.

These people don't go away when you ignore them. You just don't see them. They don't bother the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

[B[Dont post about her here and she will disappear[/b].

She won't though, she will still be online spouting her lies and conspiracies and putting childrens lives at risk. The more her lies are exposed the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

She's in every newspaper and online news outlet at the moment as a result of her suing the Village magazine so you're post above is incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

So that Barrow Street plant has turned up.. Turns out he is in fact a neo nazi and has nothing to do with the left. So all the conspiracies about him being staged or whatever are untrue.

https://twitter.com/GaelicSS/status/1168241991437750274?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

batgoat wrote: »
    So that Barrow Street plant has turned up.. Turns out he is in fact a neo nazi and has nothing to do with the left. So all the conspiracies about him being staged or whatever are untrue.

False flag!!!!
    Deepfake!!!!

If it looks like a nazi...salutes like a nazi...guess what...

The second image....irish flag with a nazi symbol in the middle....lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

well slap my ass and call me shirley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Gemma is suing panti and among the claims are panti liked certain tweets criticizing Gemma

You couldn’t make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

DubInMeath wrote: »
    She needs help alright but like any thing the person themselves has to want it.

Agree! There's a lot of speculation about her mental state with many claiming she's 'mad' etc. But from a distance, and this is purely an opinion based on some professional assessment, she appears to a number of disorders that tend to co-exist (known as Cluster B Personality Disorders).

A person with some or all of these disorders is extremely hard to help. They are particularly resistant to diagnosis or criticism because the Borderline/Narcissistic element means that they refuse to believe that there is anything wrong with them.

Tbh, I think it's quite sad as people with this disorder are generally very unhappy and tend to gradually alienate those around them, most particularly close friends and family. They then feed their narcissism with a constantly revolving gallery of fellow-travellers and willing victims with low self esteem. Their only interpersonal relationships resemble the classic Blackadder/Baldrick scenario.

well slap my ass and call me shirley.

I'm awaiting the new outlandish claims that he isn't a nazi...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cyclepath wrote: »
    Agree! There's a lot of speculation about her mental state with many claiming she's 'mad' etc. But from a distance, and this is purely an opinion based on some professional assessment, she appears to a number of disorders that tend to co-exist (known as Cluster B Personality Disorders).

A person with some or all of these disorders is extremely hard to help. They are particularly resistant to diagnosis or criticism because the Borderline/Narcissistic element means that they refuse to believe that there is anything wrong with them.

Tbh, I think it's quite sad as people with this disorder are generally very unhappy and tend to gradually alienate those around them, most particularly close friends and family. They then feed their narcissism with a constantly revolving gallery of fellow-travellers and willing victims with low self esteem. Their only interpersonal relationships resemble the classic Blackadder/Baldrick scenario.

I think its a a bad idea to speculate about her mental health for a few reasons

A Its deeply personal and even verging on intrusive
    B It almost excuses her hate and bigotry

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

in this case it's not personal as she reaches into peoples private lives such as the school girls in Longford

Speculation? I think on this forum, that ship has long sailed Joey...

When you forcefully expose your objectionable, dangerous, and scientifically questionable views in public you forfeit your right to privacy. Also, personality disorders don't excuse those beliefs, but they do contribute to a penchant for publicising them.

The whole point of my post was that helping and/or treating Ms O'Doherty would be a very difficult undertaking.

in this case it's not personal as she reaches into peoples private lives such as the school girls in Longford

Of course its personal

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Speculation? I think on this forum, that ship has long sailed Joey...

When you forcefully expose your objectionable, dangerous, and scientifically questionable views in public you forfeit your right to privacy. Also, personality disorders don't excuse those beliefs, but they do contribute to a penchant for publicising them.

The whole point of my post was that helping and/or treating Ms O'Doherty would be a very difficult undertaking.

Yes speculation. We simply dont know if she has mental health problems and your speculative diagnosing frankly doesnt mean much at all.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Yes speculation. We simply dont know if she has mental health problems and your speculative diagnosing frankly doesnt mean much at all.

Yes, that was my point too - of course there's going to be lots of speculation on this forum. We're a bunch of people tossing around ideas, discussing them etc. That's what we do on forums. Hence my original wording:

...But from a distance, and this is purely an opinion based on some professional assessment, she appears to a number of disorders...

Yes, that was my point too - of course there's going to be lots of speculation on this forum. We're a bunch of people tossing around ideas, discussing them etc. That's what we do on forums. Hence my original wording:

...But from a distance, and this is purely an opinion based on some professional assessment, she appears to a number of disorders...

Fair enough.

And I am giving my personal opinion as part of a discussion that I don't think think it's such a good idea. You can do what you want. I'm not saying you can't. Its just something I have a diffeeing opinion on.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

We can just ignore her now. She's just someone who tweets a lot.

Fair enough.

And I am giving my personal opinion as part of a discussion that I don't think think it's such a good idea. You can do what you want. I'm not saying you can't. Its just something I have a diffeeing opinion on.

I do think claiming mental illness can excuse something that may not be related to mental illness at all.

I do think claiming mental illness can excuse something that may not be related to mental illness at all.

Yes. Agreed. It's like - ah you know she might be a far right racist fuelled bigot but its ok cause she's mentally ill. Thats part of the reason why I havent joined in to discuss her mental health. We need to be challenging her rhetoric not excusing it or minimising it.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Are her media followers just sadists watching her have an online mental breakdown for kicks, are they bots to bolster the numbers, or are they just people who follow her on the off chance that some day she might kick over a nest of hornets instead of just kicking piles of cowsh1te in a paddock full of crazy and stupid.
    Ooof that's harsh. And it is a sentiment that I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Yes. Agreed. It's like - ah you know she might be a far right racist fuelled bigot but its ok cause she's mentally ill. Thats part of the reason why I havent joined in to discuss her mental health. We need to be challenging her rhetoric not excusing it or minimising it.
    She was normal until her husband died. It is possible to be bad and mad.

I'm awaiting the new outlandish claims that he isn't a nazi...

So Nazi Boy was real all along and avidly supports Naziism. Funny how it's gone quiet from Gemmas supporters.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Bet my house the chap himself was one of the ones posting in his defense here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So Nazi Boy was real all along and avidly supports Naziism. Funny how it's gone quiet from Gemmas supporters.

they'll be back in a day or so when they think we have forgotten.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement