Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I didn't know about kimovil either!
    If you are looking to save money look at the 9t not the pro it's a great phone and TBH the pro is mainly for gaming.or take a look at the real me x2 another great phone

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Another week to wait till mine comes in to stock, I'm very sceptical mind, my guess is they're using the random number generator .
    There was no contact from eglobal, I emailed them..

"Please be kindly informed, that the item you ordered ran out of stock and the stock is arriving within a week

Therefore, we would like to ask if it is acceptable for you to await for the stock arrival. As soon as the restock arrives we shall arrange an immediate shipping of your order.

Hope this arrangement is acceptable for you.

We would like to apologize for inconvenience caused"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Another week to wait till mine comes in to stock, I'm very sceptical mind, my guess is they're using the random number generator .
    There was no contact from eglobal, I emailed them..

"Please be kindly informed, that the item you ordered ran out of stock and the stock is arriving within a week

Therefore, we would like to ask if it is acceptable for you to await for the stock arrival. As soon as the restock arrives we shall arrange an immediate shipping of your order.

Hope this arrangement is acceptable for you.

We would like to apologize for inconvenience caused"

Those eglobal wan*ers did the same to me for 2 weeks( approx) I constantly emailed them twice a day,opened up a query with their customer care, communication disastrous ,bit if advice,get your money back( PayPal?)I did and never ever again with those clowns eglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I keep getting a security notification when inside Snapchat saying camera being used in back ground click to manage permissions ..I click on it and allow Snapchat use camera but it still pops up getting annoying now , any ideas

Only started last few days after an update , running 11.0.2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'd have cancelled it if I could get the phone elsewhere, but as it is I'll stick it out for a bit, hopefully it doesn't drag on much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Those eglobal wan*ers did the same to me for 2 weeks( approx) I constantly emailed them twice a day,opened up a query with their customer care, communication disastrous ,bit if advice,get your money back( PayPal?)I did and never ever again with those clowns eglobal

Same as that. Got same email too. I cancelled and took the hit elsewhere. Crooks

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

What's this poco launcher I see mentioned in the thread? Is it recommended and does the phone have to be rooted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Marco85 wrote: »
    What's this poco launcher I see mentioned in the thread? Is it recommended and does the phone have to be rooted?
    Afaik no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

No root needed just download from the play store. I prefer Nova launcher, but thats just my preference

NATLOR wrote: »
    No root needed just download from the play store. I prefer Nova launcher, but thats just my preference

What is it exactly, different user interface?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kyleman

Anyone recommend buying mi 9t pro through Ali express. Seems to be available for about €320 at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Marco85 wrote:

Yeah, it allows you to get away from the manufacturer's look. Nova allows you to make a lot of customisations too

• Subscribers Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I installed it to get rid of that Google bar across the from page

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I installed it to get rid of that Google bar across the from page

That plus app drawer and notification badges are my main uses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

kyleman wrote: »
    Anyone recommend buying mi 9t pro through Ali express. Seems to be available for about €320 at the moment.

€ 319,80 23%OFF | Global Version Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K20 Pro) 6GB 128GB Smartphone Snapdragon 855 Octa Core 6.39" AMOLED Screen 48MP Camera
    https://a.aliexpress.com/nih3z11m
    Great seller no customs guarantee

Bought a few phones and lots of small items from Ali over the years and never had any issues

I would recommend choosing a seller who offers duty free DHL shipping,it will cost an extra 20 odd euro but will guarantee no customs charges which will be hefty enough if caught

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

It's about 20 quid dearer on Honorbuy when you factor in shipping on both, and you definitely won't get stung for customs.
    Plus you'll have it much sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I got one about 6 weeks ago and I'm selling it for reasons unrelated to the phone. Not sure if I can put link up here. So just in case I'm going to report my own post and ask for it to be deleted if there is a problem. If not, I'll throw up a link to it....

Oops, can't report my own post. Maybe someone else could :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Anyone looking to buy should check Amazon.es
    As far as I'm aware the price has dropped below 300 recently. Back up to just above that but worth checking nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

biebiebie wrote: »
    Anyone looking to buy should check Amazon.es
    As far as I'm aware the price has dropped below 300 recently. Back up to just above that but worth checking nonetheless.

The 9t was available for €292 delivered to Republic last night.

• Advertisement

Got sent a a video via twitter on WhatsApp and it asked me did I want to view it thru the browser or twitter and I hit browser and remember my choice by accident. How do I get it back to view thru twitter app?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Available for £235 on Amazon via Sportinator an Israeli reseller. I ordered mind in 30th December and it arrived on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Got sent a a video via twitter on WhatsApp and it asked me did I want to view it thru the browser or twitter and I hit browser and remember my choice by accident. How do I get it back to view thru twitter app?

You need to reset the default app for opening whatever it was you opened: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9415055?hl=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Just got a 128gb non-pro from Amazon.es, can't wait for it to arrive.

What is the case like that comes with the phone, passable or would it be worth going for something more heavy-duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

What is the case like that comes with the phone, passable or would it be worth going for something more heavy-duty?

Nice case actually and really slim however wouldn't do much for a drop onto hard surface

I got a clear silicone one of amazon and I hate it, need to find something better

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nice case actually and really slim however wouldn't do much for a drop onto hard surface

I got a clear silicone one of amazon and I hate it, need to find something better

I got this one - does the job
    LeYi Case for Xiaomi Mi 9T/Mi 9T... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YCQ2P92?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

You really can't beat Spigen phone cases for protection. Normally available on Amazon through addresspal or parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LostInLM

Hi folks, does this handset support WiFi calling features with eir network?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LostInLM wrote: »
    Hi folks, does this handset support WiFi calling features with eir network?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/how-to/wifi-calling-volte-mi-9-t3917887/amp/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Darrener

Hi folks about to pull the trigger on 128gb pro on Amazon.co.uk for 337 stg which is about 400 euro..Anyone reckon it's cheaper elsewhere at the moment ..thanks a million

Advertisement