Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Marco85 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to take the watermark off the bottom of photos?

Open the camera app, go to settings then turn off device watermark from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Open the camera app, go to settings then turn off device watermark from what I remember.

Done thanks. Only got it the other day after about 10 years of using Samsung so getting to grips with it. If I have whatsapp groups muted do you not get the whatsapp message icon on top of screen if you get a message in the group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Done thanks. Only got it the other day after about 10 years of using Samsung so getting to grips with it. If I have whatsapp groups muted do you not get the whatsapp message icon on top of screen if you get a message in the group?

No, this is standard for whatapps. Muted groups do not trigger any notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sparko wrote: »
    I ordered a phone as an Xmas gift last year from them, same thing as you, said in stock. Hadn't dispatched after a week so I chased it and got the runaround about waiting for stock etc. Eventually got it in early January. I got the 9t this year but went with Honor Buy instead because of the previous experience with Eglobal and it arrived in 2 or 3 days. Definitely not touching Eglobal again.

Just to be clear. I got the same run around off honour buy. Says was in stock it wasn't and took over two weeks to arrive.

Folks don't order phones past mid November for Christmas this is what happens.

Yes the sites are shams for keeping the in stock items up but it's a manic time of year. There isn't one site better than the other they all do it. Crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭corks finest

listermint wrote: »
    Just to be clear. I got the same run around off honour buy. Says was in stock it wasn't and took over two weeks to arrive.

Folks don't order phones past mid November for Christmas this is what happens.

Yes the sites are shams for keeping the in stock items up but it's a manic time of year. There isn't one site better than the other they all do it. Crap

Amazon is best, obviously via pay pal if possible, reordered fromGalway dec10 /11 arrived 23 Dec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I'm planning on upgrading my phone. Currently using a oneplus 3. I'm thinking about the 9T Pro. I'm based in Poland and was able to get a hands on in the store. Nice phone to handle but wondering about the different interface. Seems a lot more 'bulky' compared to Oxygen OS. How does it handle on a daily basis? I play a lot of mobile games so need a phone that can handle the likes of Call of Duty Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

rhonin wrote: »
    I'm planning on upgrading my phone. Currently using a oneplus 3. I'm thinking about the 9T Pro. I'm based in Poland and was able to get a hands on in the store. Nice phone to handle but wondering about the different interface. Seems a lot more 'bulky' compared to Oxygen OS. How does it handle on a daily basis? I play a lot of mobile games so need a phone that can handle the likes of Call of Duty Mobile.
    I was in the same boat and I went for the 7t.better cpu and more ram

What do people do as in regards to warranty on these? I bought mine from a guy on adverts,do I register it on Xiaomi website for the warranty?

massy086 wrote: »
    I was in the same boat and I went for the 7t.better cpu and more ram

Erm don't they both have the Snapdragon 855 and ram size options.

Just for clarity.

What do people do as in regards to warranty on these? I bought mine from a guy on adverts,do I register it on Xiaomi website for the warranty?

It's second hand. Did you get a receipt of where he got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Erm don't they both have the Snapdragon 855 and ram size options.

Just for clarity.
    no the 7t has 8gb vs 6gb 9tpro and the 7t has a 855plus vs 855

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The 9t pro has ram options. The top model has 8gb

It's second hand. Did you get a receipt of where he got it

No not second hand. Was brand new sealed in the box

The mi has ram options also the 7t is near double the price....

The mi has ram options also the 7t is near double the price....

Mi phones are hardy boys- redmi note3 as good as new in the house+ sold my mi max 2 last week as good as new,hope to get at least 3/4 years from my latest mi phone( note 10)
    Long lasting and can take abuse

How do I allow apps from unknown sources to be installed? Can't see anything in the settings

How do I allow apps from unknown sources to be installed? Can't see anything in the settings

Usually you have to go to settings then system and Android and you then hit the software version ten times. This unlocks developer option's and then you can turn on allow third party apps.

Can't check right now missus phone

Usually you have to go to settings then system and Android and you then hit the software version ten times. This unlocks developer option's and then you can turn on allow third party apps.

Can't check right now missus phone
    Google developer options

Google developer options

It's not for me it's for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

So one thing I either can't figure out, or it doesn't do:
    On the Nokia, When a message or something comes in, it shows up on the screen, but the screen doesn't light up fully. Think it's part of the ambient display settings. Might be an Android one thing either.

On this, I either haven't found the right settings or it doesn't work that way.
    Think it might be because this has an amoled screen, and the Nokia doesn't, so ambient display could work differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

De-bloated it finally with what Mark Hamill put up in screenshots, bar one or two bits, so we'll see how it behaves itself now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Tazzimus wrote: »
    De-bloated it finally with what Mark Hamill put up in screenshots, bar one or two bits, so we'll see how it behaves itself now.

I did it exactly like he suggested and it's fine, in fact there might have been a few more that you could remove, but none of them are causing any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've been looking at the Mi 9 t pro 6gb 128gb on honourbuy for approx €370 and I would be happy with that. However I've just noticed on honourbuy the k30 4g 6 128gb for apprix €100 less.
    Despite running both through gsm for comparison, I don't really see any difference between the two that would result in this price discrepency.

I don't use phones for gaming or photography, just calls, emails, everyday use and boards! So as long as it has phone jacks and nfc and is also long lasting I am happy. My current phone is a 7 year old htc 1.
    Any and all advice welcome.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,704 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I've been looking at the Mi 9 t pro 6gb 128gb on honourbuy for approx €370 and I would be happy with that. However I've just noticed on honourbuy the k30 4g 6 128gb for apprix €100 less.
    Despite running both through gsm for comparison, I don't really see any difference between the two that would result in this price discrepency.

I don't use phones for gaming or photography, just calls, emails, everyday use and boards! So as long as it has phone jacks and nfc and is also long lasting I am happy. My current phone is a 7 year old htc 1.
    Thanks.

It does not support LTE band 20 so depending on your provide this may cause an issue.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,256 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks.

The biggest difference is in processor.

The 9tpro is SD 855, the K30 is a 730G.

Also the graphics GPU is better in the 9t.... It's a 640 compared to a 618.

This might not make much of a difference if you a soft user.... But it's the main reason for the price spread.

Also, had the k30 got band 20? According to kimovil it doesn't.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The biggest difference is in processor.

The 9tpro is SD 855, the K30 is a 730G.

Also the graphics GPU is better in the 9t.... It's a 640 compared to a 618.

This might not make much of a difference if you a soft user.... But it's the main reason for the price spread.

Also, had the k30 got band 20? According to kimovil it doesn't.

Thanks for that. Is band 20 the requirement for Ireland btw?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,256 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks for that. Is band 20 the requirement for Ireland btw?

Once youre outside of large built up areas, then yes, very much a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Thanks.

Kimovil is usually a better option for comparing Chinese phones, https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-6gb-128gb,xiaomi-redmi-k30-6gb-128gb

The k30 is a China only release so the support for global version of miui may not be great, the main issue you'll have is missing band 20 so you probably won't have 4g coverage outside the city.

Personally from having had both Chinese and global release xiaomi phones I'd always go for a global release phone

b.gud wrote: »
    Kimovil is usually a better option for comparing Chinese phones, https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-6gb-128gb,xiaomi-redmi-k30-6gb-128gb

The k30 is a China only release so the support for global version of miui may not be great, the main issue you'll have is missing band 20 so you probably won't have 4g coverage outside the city.

Personally from having had both Chinese and global release xiaomi phones I'd always go for a global release phone

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know about kimovil either!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know about kimovil either!

Same global is better

Advertisement