Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

MIUI 12 just landed on my Mi 9T.

looks good, but can't figure out the floating window feature - does not seem to work at all - what am I missing?

When you press the button to switch between active apps, you can press an app and then a few buttons pop up. One of them lets you do the floating window.

It's moderately useful in certain situations but split screen makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

Looking to buy a 9T best price I can find is 280 for a 6/64GB on Amazon France/Italy/Spain and 320 for a 6/128GB on Amazon Italy. Anyone know of any other places where it's available cheaper at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Framed10 wrote: »
    HI all,
    from reading through the posts people seem to be happy with their Mi 9T and pro
    I'm thinking of getting one but before I do has anyone any thoughts on the 9T non pro v Note 10 (or 10 lite)
    I have my choice narrowed to one of these.
    Am I right in thinking that the Note 10 mostly offers a better battery and slightly better camera? making it a bit heavier.
    Anything else i should look out for
    thanks
    F

I've got the 9t pro since November 2019. It's a nice phone but keen to switch because of the following:
    - Notification light is on the topside of the phone, on top up the pop up camera. This is very impractical and unless you have your phone upside down you will not see it. Really can't get my head around the design logic on this
    - Pop up camera is a bit of a faff. It can make some apps glichy when accessing the front facing camera, I'm assuming this is down to the 2 secs it takes to initiate it and pop it up.
    - Phone hangs recently in google chrome, I need to use the app manager ???(left menu button, not sure what it's called) and reselect google chrome for it to work again. I think it's happened in other apps so possibly OS related (this happened before and after MIUI12 update)
    - I think i prefer the fingerprint reader on the back, this is built into the display on the front and less accurate and slower than an dedicated reader (I had mi max 2 before, reader on the back worked well)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

digitaldr wrote: »
    @SchrodingersCat I'm waiting on a screen + frame from AliExpress. Which seller did you use? I was half tempted to get glass only to save me transferring all the small parts and actually went to the bother of removing the old screen which was not that difficult. I already have the correct glue (B-7000) and clamps but it was too difficult to remove the old adhesive properly.

By the looks of things I'd day most of the screens/frames come from the same factory in China and more than likely not genuine. They seem to include volume and power buttons which is great as I know from other phones they can be tricky to transfer over.

Was it easy enough to transfer the copper heatsink over from to the new frame? Did you use new heatsink compound?

The back came off easy enough for me thanks to lots if heat from the wife's hairdryer, a suction cup and a guitar pick.

Sorry for the delay, I didnt see your message until now. Yes, you could just replace the glass, but from my experience with the odd phone or two in the past, you are better off getting the full assembly. The factory can do a better job sticking the screen to the frame than I can, anyway. If its not stuck properly it is more likely to break when it takes a bang in the future. Yes, the screen might not be genuine. That could explain the annoying dodgy touch registers I sometime see, and the slightly yellow image quality. Yes, I just pulled the heatsking off and pushed it into the new case again. I didnt bother reapplying heat transfer compound (if I remember correctly). There was enough still stuck to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I've got the 9t pro since November 2019. It's a nice phone but keen to switch because of the following:
    - Notification light is on the topside of the phone, on top up the pop up camera. This is very impractical and unless you have your phone upside down you will not see it. Really can't get my head around the design logic on this
    - Pop up camera is a bit of a faff. It can make some apps glichy when accessing the front facing camera, I'm assuming this is down to the 2 secs it takes to initiate it and pop it up.
    - Phone hangs recently in google chrome, I need to use the app manager ???(left menu button, not sure what it's called) and reselect google chrome for it to work again. I think it's happened in other apps so possibly OS related (this happened before and after MIUI12 update)
    - I think i prefer the fingerprint reader on the back, this is built into the display on the front and less accurate and slower than an dedicated reader (I had mi max 2 before, reader on the back worked well)

Ive noticed Chrome freezing too, similar to you. The solution was the same as you found. I did not notice this issue with the older OS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Framed10 wrote: »
    HI all,
    from reading through the posts people seem to be happy with their Mi 9T and pro
    I'm thinking of getting one but before I do has anyone any thoughts on the 9T non pro v Note 10 (or 10 lite)
    I have my choice narrowed to one of these.
    Am I right in thinking that the Note 10 mostly offers a better battery and slightly better camera? making it a bit heavier.
    Anything else i should look out for
    thanks
    F

Note 10 would be my choice out of those, you definitely get more for your money, you have s-pen and DeX on top of everything thing else

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Note 10 would be my choice out of those, you definitely get more for your money, you have s-pen and DeX on top of everything thing else

I assume the poster is referring to a Xiaomi Mi Note 10, and not a Samsung galaxy note 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I assume the poster is referring to a Xiaomi Mi Note 10, and not a Samsung galaxy note 10

You could be right of course, it was just the mention of Note 10 and Note 10 Lite that made me think of the Galaxy's
    Is there an MI Note 10 Lite?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

JH_raheny wrote: »
    You could be right of course, it was just the mention of Note 10 and Note 10 Lite that made me think of the Galaxy's
    Is there an MI Note 10 Lite?

Yes there is

Advertisement