Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

FAET wrote: »
    Does this come with a case. Or any recommendations?

Mine came with one and it was better than the one I bought

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I could have sworn the update notification popped up a day or two ago on my phone (Mi 9t Pro), but I was busy and ignored it at the time. I forgot about it (and the notification is gone), but this thread reminded me and now it says I'm already on latest firmware (10.3.3).

Came through yesterday.
    Standman wrote: »
    Just an FYI, the MIUI 11 update may fuck with your APN settings. Did so for me and resulted in my being charged for hotspot data. Cost me a f*cking tenner!

I just checked mine and I had two live.vodafone.com APNS and the HS.vodafone.com APN (before I had 1x live APN and 1x HS APN). I deleted one of the live APNs, and it seems like the update has allowed me to delete the HS APN! Without the HS APN, I shouldn't get charged for hotpsots anymore :).

There is also an option to share via bluetooth, in "Connection & Sharing" settings. Anybody use that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

FAET wrote: »
    Does this come with a case. Or any recommendations?
    Eglobal supplied folding case and screen protector. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Probably been asked already but anyone recommend a decent equivalent fast charger with UK plug on it for the Mi 9T Pro. the xiaomi oem ones appear to be few and far between

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

Tazzimus wrote: »
    This is the one I got for her phone
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017VXARME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll probably be looking at the Pro around Christmas, so need to look for a 27w charger
    listermint wrote: »
    Probably been asked already but anyone recommend a decent equivalent fast charger with UK plug on it for the Mi 9T Pro. the xiaomi oem ones appear to be few and far between

Yes Tazzimus recommended the above earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Ok so I was tracking my delivery from eglobal and everything seemed fine. It got to the stage that an post was the next step. I logged in this morning and the tracking number is not found. No information at all. Have others experienced this? What's the best way to contact eglobal eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

Ok so I was tracking my delivery from eglobal and everything seemed fine. It got to the stage that an post was the next step. I logged in this morning and the tracking number is not found. No information at all. Have others experienced this? What's the best way to contact eglobal eu?

Yeah this happened me last week. I think it took a day or two to appear on the An Posts system. I'd say the package gets assigned a tracking number but does not appear until it is scanned at the sorting office. I would sit tight until Monday and you will see it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Yeah this happened me last week. I think it took a day or two to appear on the An Posts system. I'd say the package gets assigned a tracking number but does not appear until it is scanned at the sorting office. I would sit tight until Monday and you will see it then.

Same as. Give it a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thank you both. I managed to play around with the tracking number and it is showing as in transit within an post at 9am. So fingers crossed for Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Yeah I have two more phones arriving. Think the wndirect system is down..

My wife got the update to 11 yesterday, very pleased :)

The phones arrived just now. Still no tracking on wndirect though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Pulled the trigger on the 9T pro for myself and an A3 for the mother for chrimbo.
    Must have ordered off honorbuy on a bad day, our of stock or something, cos it's been paid for since Monday but still waiting for it to be shipped.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I ordered the 9T pro myself in Blue from honorbuy and should have it in the next day or two.

But a friend of mine was wondering if there was any reason for him not to buy the Chinese K20 Pro with Global ROM instead. You can get 8/256 instead of 6/128 for the same price. I've read conflicting reports from European users. I understand the lack of Band 20 might be a problem for Ireland?

That's one of the major differences, the other being lack of Google play services. If it's flashed with a global ROM, he should be grand. The lack of B20 means that he will struggle to get 4G in most areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

I thought shipping was free on HonorBuy? Looking to purchase this phone and shipping is coming in at $26.00/€23.00?

https://www.honorbuy.com/1664-xiaomi-mi-9t-128gb-global-version-black.html#/option-global_version_6128gb_black

Ardent wrote:
    I thought shipping was free on HonorBuy? Looking to purchase this phone and shipping is coming in at $26.00/€23.00?

Nope, that's the standard honorbuy delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Got the 9T pro of eglobal two weeks ago. As per previous posts i got an an post tracking no the next day and then the status changes stopped. Contacted support after 10 days and it mysteriously started moving again and was on the an post site 2 days later. Got the Red 128gig version for 335 delivered which is an absolute steak.

The phone is a dream to use, so impressed. Pop up camera a bit of a faff, the only downside in my opinion.

Whatapps has been crashing when adding photos, anyone experiencing the same? Just started last few days, maybe after miui 11 update?

Anyone having an issue with google maps timeline not tracking? Turns out, despit being turned on, I've had no history since I got the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Dropped my phone, it took a ding on the lower left corner,, and now I got afew lines of blue, and the left half touchscreen doesn't work, so it's basically useless uggghhh. Any suggestions as to if I can get it fixed? I was using the stock phone protector case, which is lovely and slim, but clearly doesn't give quite enough protection to the edge of the screen.

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote:
    Dropped my phone, it took a ding on the lower left corner,, and now I got afew lines of blue, and the left half touchscreen doesn't work, so it's basically useless uggghhh. Any suggestions as to if I can get it fixed? I was using the stock phone protector case, which is lovely and slim, but clearly doesn't give quite enough protection to the edge of the screen.

That's not good :( unfortunately the AMOLED panel isn't cheap at around 130euro, plus getting somebody to do it. It could be a 200euro job..

The A3 and 9T Pro arrived finally, now to not be able to touch them til Christmas.

9T Pro in blue is very pretty

Tazzimus wrote:
    The A3 and 9T Pro arrived finally, now to not be able to touch them til Christmas.

Tazzimus wrote:
    9T Pro in blue is very pretty

Hey! You opened the box, that's not allowed..

tedpan wrote: »
    Hey! You opened the box, that's not allowed..
    Just to check everything was there and they were in one piece :pac:

Tazzimus wrote:
    Just to check everything was there and they were in one piece

That's what you told your partner? :D

hots wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue with google maps timeline not tracking? Turns out, despit being turned on, I've had no history since I got the phone...

Just on this, google photos has no problem pulling location for the photos taken. But I can't see any solution for getting google maps data to be tracked in the timeline at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Working fine here for the last month or so since I got the phone, I did disable a lot of security/battery stuff in the first few days to get it to play nice with other apps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Ben Done wrote: »
    Anyone running a custom rom on this yet?

Mine's ready to unlock, but haven't decided which rom to try - likely Pixel Experience..
    rickyjb wrote: »
    Not yet, I'll start by removing the bloatware but I had lineage OS on my previous Mi 5 and that was fantastic. I'll give it a couple of months to allow the ROMs to become more stable. Would like to try Oxygen if that's stable by then.

Ben Done wrote: »
    I think I'll do the same - doesn't seem to be a stable official ROM yet.
    Debloated it last night with no trouble.

I still want to root the phone, but there's many conflicting reports of which TWRP version to use.

Has anyone rooted theirs running MIUI 11 global version, and if so, which TWRP did you use?

Just to update for anyone wanting to root their 9T -

Official TWRP version is out now - previously people were using ported Chinese and Russian versions, which I'd be wary of.

Installed TWRP and Magisk & phone is rooted and ad-free with Adaway installed.

Had to debloat it again after this -didn't realise it would restore the initial phone software.

Installed Nova Launcher and will set up apps the way I like them before switching over to using it daily.

I'll switch to a custom ROM when they are more developed, but happy enough to use MIUI with Nova as the launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Decided to move back to Xiaomi for my next phone so I'm getting a 9t pro (8gb/256) for christmas. It was left late to order (today) so wont see it till after christmas but still getting the new phone giddies :)

My last Xiaomi was a Mi Max 2 that I loved . Turned it on the other day after a few months and still like it. But new and shiny wins every time. Really liked the 9t when I played with it in the Mi shop in London.

Since I'm not buying the phone myself I'm going to upgrade my watch too. Have an Amazfit Stratos 2, so going for the 3 as a direct replacement. It's an excellent watch to be honest so its a no brainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭droidman123

Decided to move back to Xiaomi for my next phone so I'm getting a 9t pro (8gb/256) for christmas. It was left late to order (today) so wont see it till after christmas but still getting the new phone giddies :)

My last Xiaomi was a Mi Max 2 that I loved . Turned it on the other day after a few months and still like it. But new and shiny wins every time. Really liked the 9t when I played with it in the Mi shop in London.

Since I'm not buying the phone myself I'm going to upgrade my watch too. Have an Amazfit Stratos 2, so going for the 3 as a direct replacement. It's an excellent watch to be honest so its a no brainer.
    If you ordered from honorbuy you will have it on monday or tuesday,if it was eglobal then its a lucky dip

Advertisement