Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It was eglobal alright. Honorbuy don't have the 8gb/256 listed from what I can see

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

If you ordered from honorbuy you will have it on monday or tuesday,if it was eglobal then its a lucky dip

It's taking 1-2 weeks from honorbuy at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭droidman123

tedpan wrote: »
    It's taking 1-2 weeks from honorbuy at the moment

Took 2 days for me a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Times have changed it took me exactly two weeks to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That was a few months ago. Mine took a week and a half, I imagine they're busy on the run to Christmas.
    Delivery should go back to normal after its all over.

• Advertisement

What are eglobal like for at least getting it out the door? Mine is still saying processing on the order page. Ordered on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

What are eglobal like for at least getting it out the door? Mine is still saying processing on the order page. Ordered on friday.

I've ordered off then twice. Once in November and it was 2 days and in December it was 9 days. I think they ship orders from Hong Kong to Europe in bulk first so it's a bit of a lottery.

Usually takes up to 5 working days, then another 5 working days shipping. With Christmas it will probably be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

'Dispatched' in two days then got stuck somewhere for 10 days before finally getting to An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭DonnieCorko

I debloated mine using the ADB/Fastboot tool (here). It works the same as on Pocophone and doesn't require root or unlocked bootloader (just developer options turned on).

Which apps did you install? Cheers

• Advertisement

I got on to eglobal and apparently they ran out of stock and hope to have more soon. All the while, its still showing as in stock on the site................

****ers

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-8gb-256gb-dual-sim-redmi-k20-pro-with-tempered-glass-screen-protector-and-folding-case-black-red-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

I bought one for myself 3 months ago from eGlobal, arrived in 3 or 4 days, I forget exactly.

Ordered another for the missus 10 days ago from Honorbuy and delivery time was same.

For what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

For anyone wondering about what plug to get, especially for the Pro:
    I should have these on Monday, nifty idea. Should fit the EU plug shape as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N10BRR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tazzimus wrote:
    For anyone wondering about what plug to get, especially for the Pro: I should have these on Monday, nifty idea. Should fit the EU plug shape as well.

That plug won't fit the 9T charger. It's a standard plug adapter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

tedpan wrote: »
    That plug won't fit the 9T charger. It's a standard plug adapter.

They fit the Pro anyway, it's well tight when you screw it in. I had this plug here from another Chinese device and I'm pretty sure it was only a couple of Euro from China

498150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ardent wrote: »
    I bought one for myself 3 months ago from eGlobal, arrived in 3 or 4 days, I forget exactly.

Ordered another for the missus 10 days ago from Honorbuy and delivery time was same.

For what it's worth.

Lucky you reference eglobal,left me down for a Christmas present for my son, took them 12 days to notify me that phone wasnt in stock etc,ruined Xmas, reordered in Galway ,phone won't arrive for another 5 plus days, eglobal? Never again,worst than gearbest

I wasnt expecting mine to arrive for christmas (was hoping it might though) but I was expecting it to be shipped by christmas (which it wont be) . Bad form that its still showing as in stock and I had to contact them after a week to ask was there an issue with the order because it was still processing only to be told it wasnt in stock. Which I replied to with a link from their site saying its still showing in stock and asking if any other colour was and basically getting the same reply again. saying it wasnt in stock and please give them a few days .

First reply:
    Eglobal wrote:
    Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your message.

We're sorry to inform you, that the item you have ordered has ran out of stock and we are currently checking with our suppliers to get it back as soon as possible.

Therefore, we would like to ask if it is acceptable to you to allow us with few days extra to work on your order. As soon as the restock arrives we shall arrange an immediately shipping of your order..

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us

second one when I questioned why it was still showing in stock.
    Eglobal wrote:
    Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your message.

We're sorry all models have no ready stock, and we are still checking with our suppliers to get it back as soon as possible.

Therefore, we would like to ask if it is acceptable to you to allow us with few days extra to work on your order. As soon as the restock arrives we shall arrange an immediately shipping of your order..

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us

I wasnt expecting mine to arrive for christmas (was hoping it might though) but I was expecting it to be shipped by christmas (which it wont be) . Bad form that its still showing as in stock and I had to contact them after a week to ask was there an issue with the order because it was still processing only to be told it wasnt in stock. Which I replied to with a link from their site saying its still showing in stock and asking if any other colour was and basically getting the same reply again. saying it wasnt in stock and please give them a few days .

First reply:

second one when I questioned why it was still showing in stock.
    Exact same repy I got, thankfully I paid viapay pal, eglobal are crooks,as I pointed out to them that you can't sell an item unless you have it first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sparko

Exact same repy I got, thankfully I paid viapay pal, eglobal are crooks,as I pointed out to them that you can't sell an item unless you have it first

I ordered a phone as an Xmas gift last year from them, same thing as you, said in stock. Hadn't dispatched after a week so I chased it and got the runaround about waiting for stock etc. Eventually got it in early January. I got the 9t this year but went with Honor Buy instead because of the previous experience with Eglobal and it arrived in 2 or 3 days. Definitely not touching Eglobal again.

Sparko wrote: »
    I ordered a phone as an Xmas gift last year from them, same thing as you, said in stock. Hadn't dispatched after a week so I chased it and got the runaround about waiting for stock etc. Eventually got it in early January. I got the 9t this year but went with Honor Buy instead because of the previous experience with Eglobal and it arrived in 2 or 3 days. Definitely not touching Eglobal again.
    Great news that you got sorted,same eglobal are never getting my custom again,+ happy days my son got his phone this morning via an post,vv surprising as we were told the earliest would be the 31st,,,p.s. had a bad experience with gearbest aswell a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Got the 9t pro as a present today. What's the easiest way to transfer everything over from a Samsung?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Backup to google cloud and whatsapp backup should cover most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Similar experiences with eglobal ordered 25 Nov, 2 weeks later no sign of it. Eventually emailed and got run around for another week. Had to cancel and source elsewhere for a nice premium. Avoid like the plague

Similar experiences with eglobal ordered 25 Nov, 2 weeks later no sign of it. Eventually emailed and got run around for another week. Had to cancel and source elsewhere for a nice premium. Avoid like the plague
    some ppl had no issues but the net is full of ppl who eglobal lied to , let down or actually didn't even deliver,crazy stuff

Problem is the 8gb/256 isn't the easiest to find.

Had a gearbest disaster a year or two back too. Posted in their feedback on here when it was still a thing(assume it's gone). I ordered 495 worth of stuff and it was sent from Hong Kong on 28th Aug and returned to them on 1st Sept. They decided I would only get a refund of 444, cos there was a shipping error and that now costs me 50 quid. They didn't budge and I had to go through PayPal for a refund.

Problem is the 8gb/256 isn't the easiest to find.

Had a gearbest disaster a year or two back too. Posted in their feedback on here when it was still a thing(assume it's gone). I ordered 495 worth of stuff and it was sent from Hong Kong on 28th Aug and returned to them on 1st Sept. They decided I would only get a refund of 444, cos there was a shipping error and that now costs me 50 quid. They didn't budge and I had to go through PayPal for a refund.

V unfair, PayPal is a must

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The 9T 64gig version is available for 235 sterling on Amazon. Any reason to choose honour buy instead?

Looking at currency rates that's about 8 euro more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

greendom wrote: »
    The 9T 64gig version is available for 235 sterling on Amazon. Any reason to choose honour buy instead?

Looking at currency rates that's about 8 euro more

Did you include the Honorbuy shipping fees?

Amazon all day long for peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Dunno what comes with Amazon, but i got good cover and screen protector thrown in with eglobal.
    That aside, I agree, Amazon is good peace of mind in case of need to return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Anyone know how to take the watermark off the bottom of photos?

Advertisement