Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Is there a way to force these updates? I'm on 11.0.1 (on a 9T Pro) and it says there are no updates available.

I was in the same boat until just now. I see an update for 11.0.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

BamesJond wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Would appreciate some input. My Mi Max gave up recently. I'm looking at the 9t or maybe the 9t pro. With normal us (i.e, no gaming) is there any noticeable difference?
    Is there any other Xiaomi phones I should look at that people feel are an option? Looking for a larger screen.

I'll have a look at Honorbuy & Amazon but what's the quickest option at the moment?

I have the 9T and it's perfect for normal everyday use. Honorbuy would be fastest delivery option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

BamesJond wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Would appreciate some input. My Mi Max gave up recently. I'm looking at the 9t or maybe the 9t pro. With normal us (i.e, no gaming) is there any noticeable difference?
    Is there any other Xiaomi phones I should look at that people feel are an option? Looking for a larger screen.

I'll have a look at Honorbuy & Amazon but what's the quickest option at the moment?

Mi note 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Ardent wrote: »
    I have the 9T and it's perfect for normal everyday use. Honorbuy would be fastest delivery option.

Great phone.
    Personally I'd buy it from Amazon.es though.
    Potentially cheaper at this stage due to product being discounted (sold and delivered by Amazon)
    Plus far superior after sales service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I wouldn't, still waiting for a refund two weeks after my empty phone box arrived. Amazon.es are refusing to release the refund until I provide a Garda letter (which will arrive in the post after an unspecified amount of time), bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Ardent wrote: »
    I was in the same boat until just now. I see an update for 11.0.4.

Still none for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Has anybody on here owned this and the Pocophone F1? My Pocophone has been easily the greatest phone I have ever used, but had an accident recently and am now on the market for a new one. Would the Mi 9T be a massive step down in performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Got my son the mi 9t at Christmas. It's a fantastic phone and he loves it. My trusty mi A1 is acting up and I might go for a mi 9t myself. Can we expect the price to drop in the near future? Is there a newer model due to be released soon that will drop the price on the mi 9t?

I wouldn't, still waiting for a refund two weeks after my empty phone box arrived. Amazon.es are refusing to release the refund until I provide a Garda letter (which will arrive in the post after an unspecified amount of time), bastards

That's not the biggest ask in the world to be honest, just an anti fraud measure.
    And hopefully they should be true to their word, Amazon are very trustworthy from my personal (and lengthy!) experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Has anybody on here owned this and the Pocophone F1? My Pocophone has been easily the greatest phone I have ever used, but had an accident recently and am now on the market for a new one. Would the Mi 9T be a massive step down in performance?

Never had a pocophone but have the Mi 9t and find it a big upgrade on my previous phone the Samsung S8.

2 things in particular, screen quality and amazing battery life. Seems to be faster too

• Advertisement

Got my son the mi 9t at Christmas. It's a fantastic phone and he loves it. My trusty mi A1 is acting up and I might go for a mi 9t myself. Can we expect the price to drop in the near future? Is there a newer model due to be released soon that will drop the price on the mi 9t?

Well the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro are due for launch in another week or so. Although they may not be classified as a direct mi 9t upgrade model, perhaps more so the mi 9 from early 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Here's a comparison of the Pocophone the 9T and 9T pro, using 6GB 64GB variants of the 3 phones

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-mi-9t,xiaomi-mi-9t-pro,xiaomi-pocophone-f1

Here's some highlights I'd note from the comparison

Both 9Ts would have, IMO, better screens as I find AMOLED better than LCD
    The 9T would have slightly less performance in terms of the CPU than the Pocophone
    The 9T Pro would have slightly better performance in terms of the CPU than the Pocophone
    Both 9T phones would have better cameras

Unless you do a lot of gaming on your phone I doubt you'd notice any drop in day to day performance with the 9T over the Pocophone. And if you do a lot of gaming you would in theory get better performance with the 9T Pro.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Well the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro are due for launch in another week or so. Although they may not be classified as a direct mi 9t upgrade model, perhaps more so the mi 9 from early 2019.

I've the mi 10 since Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've the mi 10 since Xmas
    Impressive, seeing as it hasn't been released yet.

I think you mean the Note 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

biebiebie wrote:
    That's not the biggest ask in the world to be honest, just an anti fraud measure. And hopefully they should be true to their word, Amazon are very trustworthy from my personal (and lengthy!) experience.

Of course, I've probably bought 40+ items on Amazon.co.uk and have had no issues like this. They're usually great - even when a package arrived damaged they gave me a discount off my next purchase or have allowed me to keep returns rather than posting them back.

The issue though is the wait with the Gardai, they're going to send a report in the post because they want to carry out an official investigation. Amazon are requesting that the letter includes my tracking number, cost of phone, date it was purchased and my identification number (no idea what this refers to). I can only hope that the Gardai will provide something close to this, and if not, I pray that Amazon will accept it and not make me go in for a third time

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Impressive, seeing as it hasn't been released yet.

I think you mean the Note 10?

Oh God I thought twas the same phone,feck it sorry boy- another one? God I can't keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Think I'll pull the trigger and upgrade from the redmi note 5 to the mi 9t. Was holding out to see what the mi 10 would deliver, but looks like the 9t will more than meet my needs for the price.

mi10 may have higher 90 Hz display refresh but not sure that is a reason for holding out.

would I be better holding off another while to see if the 9t price will drop further or could stocks of it disappear completely once the mi10 is out?

and what about colours?

red looks great in YouTube videos but does it look cheap & tacky in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

and what about colours?

I gave up many moons ago putting too much thought into colours. Is it not likely that you will put it in a case anyway

I gave up many moons ago putting too much thought into colours. Is it not likely that you will put it in a case anyway

nope, will not be putting a case on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

nope, will not be putting a case on it.

I would advise on a case, even if it's a clear tpu type case. They're a very slippery phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I would advise on a case, even if it's a clear tpu type case. They're a very slippery phone.

+1 on the case

The GKK is very slimline, but has saved me a couple of times already - had the same brand case on the Note 5 for a long time, and they're very good.

Less than 3 dolla, if China ever gets un-quarantined

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33054424188.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.33054424188

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

and what about colours?

Have the blue and OH has the red, both colours look really well IMO not tacky at all but would also agree a case is necessary due to the phone being really slippy.

The phone comes with a decent enough looking black case not a lot of protection provided but better than nothing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Might not be for everyone, but I use this case with the ring, feels very well protected. Using the ring is my new favourite way of holding a phone, and it acts as a stand for any angle too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33039530315.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Some advice please. On reading this forum i bought a mi9t great phone to be fair.
    However it doesn't seem to play nice with my Galaxy frontier smartwatch.
    Not all notifications were hitting the phone.
    This took a downturn following update to android 10 at the weekend.
    Now no notifications at all.
    Trying to avoid flashing the phone to get rid of MiUi
    Thanks

Is there a Samsung app running on your phone for the watch?
    It might be just a case of going into "App Battery Saver" in miui settings, and switching off the optimisation for that particular app.

Anyone have any issues with the 9t on a call? My wife has one, on GoMo, and other people and I have noted that her end of the call can drop in and out at times when she should have full service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭sundodger5

biebiebie wrote: »
    Is there a Samsung app running on your phone for the watch?
    It might be just a case of going into "App Battery Saver" in miui settings, and switching off the optimisation for that particular app.
    Optimisation for the app is already off.
    Has me stumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

b.gud wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with the 9t on a call? My wife has one, on GoMo, and other people and I have noted that her end of the call can drop in and out at times when she should have full service

I have a Xiaomi but not a 9T. Myself and my friend have noticed issues with calls (both on 3). The phone won't ring at all, then suddenly we get a notification for 3 missed calls, and a very angry delivery driver standing outside!

• Advertisement

I have a Xiaomi but not a 9T. Myself and my friend have noticed issues with calls (both on 3). The phone won't ring at all, then suddenly we get a notification for 3 missed calls, and a very angry delivery driver standing outside!

Not sure if it will work but I followed this guide to change preferred network type on my wifes phone. I remember having a similar issue on my own phone a few years ago and this fixed it. I think the setting I used for my wifes phone was something along the lines of "LTE/TDSCDMA/WCDMA"

Advertisement