Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭droidman123

Darrener wrote: »
    Hi folks about to pull the trigger on 128gb pro on Amazon.co.uk for 337 stg which is about 400 euro..Anyone reckon it's cheaper elsewhere at the moment ..thanks a million

€354 on honorbuy

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Darrener

€354 on honorbuy
    Thanks Droidman..got phone, cover, glass protector and postage for 387 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Darrener wrote: »
    Hi folks about to pull the trigger on 128gb pro on Amazon.co.uk for 337 stg which is about 400 euro..Anyone reckon it's cheaper elsewhere at the moment ..thanks a million

I got the 128gb pro for 334 on eGlobal

Took 2 weeks to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Anyone experiencing an issue with certain apps not updating through Google play store on this device? I haven't been able to update Chrome in weeks - just fails - and there's no solution in sight on Miui forums or elsewhere.

Another issue I'm experiencing is the device will randomly not charge, until it's rebooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Ardent wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing an issue with certain apps not updating through Google play store on this device? I haven't been able to update Chrome in weeks - just fails - and there's no solution in sight on Miui forums or elsewhere.

Another issue I'm experiencing is the device will randomly not charge, until it's rebooted.

Haven't had any of those problems, Android 10 update released today for non pro maybe that will help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

Anyone had trouble with ghost touches? After googling it seems to be not uncommon.. have mine a few months from Honorbuy and it has become borderline unusable at times.. extremely frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Amazon.es is not safe :(

After being so excited for the phone, this is what arrived

https://gyazo.com/8b107cb4a7c2a6c39b0844696056c638

https://gyazo.com/d150f1b7e74e1c914af341473b45bbe8

Anyone ever had a similar experience or have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Amazon.es is not safe :(

After being so excited for the phone, this is what arrived

https://gyazo.com/8b107cb4a7c2a6c39b0844696056c638

https://gyazo.com/d150f1b7e74e1c914af341473b45bbe8

Anyone ever had a similar experience or have any advice?

looks like it was opened and phone was robbed.

bassy wrote:
    looks like it was opened and phone was robbed.

Yep, everything was taken. There's a distinct scratch down the side of the box so we reckon the person used a box cutter

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Yep, everything was taken. There's a distinct scratch down the side of the box so we reckon the person used a box cutter

I would get onto Amazon. I had stuff that I thought got lost in delivery before and they shipped it again no questions asked.

I found the original package in work a couple of months later!

• Advertisement

I would get onto Amazon. I had stuff that I thought got lost in delivery before and they shipped it again no questions asked.

They're usually very good when it comes to these sort of things in fairness, the extra wait is going to be frustrating while it all gets sorted all the same. I got in touch with them over the webchat and seemingly I have to contact them again in 72 working hours and they should have a verdict then on whether I'll get a replacement or refund. I wonder was it an employee that did this and if they'll get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

I hope you get a refund or another phone sent to you,god there,s some horrible people out there...……………

keep us updated on how you get on.

bassy wrote:
    I hope you get a refund or another phone sent to you,god there,s some horrible people out there...……………

Thanks, I'll make sure to keep everyone posted. There were no dockets or invoices in the package too, so I'm somebody hasn't taken off with my name, phone number and address

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks, I'll make sure to keep everyone posted. There were no dockets or invoices in the package too, so I'm somebody hasn't taken off with my name, phone number and address
    Just on that subject, I've got a fair few purchases from Amazon UK since just before Xmas including Hitachi drills, camera, phone cases, lights for the bike and all shipped by Amazon Prime and there has been no invoices or order details inside the boxes.
    Just name and address on the outside packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

As FYI, I experienced with the 9T compared to the 4X of before, that the screen scratches far easier. I had the 4X in my pocket with keys and no issues, the 9T has quite a lot of mini scratches on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Harika wrote: »
    As FYI, I experienced with the 9T compared to the 4X of before, that the screen scratches far easier. I had the 4X in my pocket with keys and no issues, the 9T has quite a lot of mini scratches on it.

is it just the plastic protective film that sometimes comes on the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Hyzepher wrote: »
    is it just the plastic protective film that sometimes comes on the screen?

No the gorilla glass

Just an update on my situation, UPS have collected the package. Amazon.es are requesting an official letter from the Gardai before processing the refund. Before giving the letter, the Gardai are carrying out an investigstion and I have to give a statement tonight. Still no new phone.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just an update on my situation, UPS have collected the package. Amazon.es are requesting an official letter from the Gardai before processing the refund. Before giving the letter, the Gardai are carrying out an investigstion and I have to give a statement tonight. Still no new phone.. :(

That's hard lines

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

€354 on honorbuy

I have ordered a Redmi Note 8 Pro phone today from Honorbuy.

Can I expect the charger to have a IRE/UK plug on it or should I get a separate converter.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

maximus02 wrote: »

Can I expect the charger to have a IRE/UK plug on it or should I get a separate converter.

Thanks in advance.

It will be an EU plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

maximus02 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

EU plug.
    I got these and they work fine
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invero%C2%AE-Europe-Converter-Socket-Adapter-Black/dp/B01MT8IKC4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=invero+2+pole+euro+europe+eu+plug+to+3+pin+uk+plug&qid=1580659339&sprefix=invero+2+pole+&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Got my 9t pro 8gb/256 a week ago after much arseholery from eglobal. Out of the blue they emailed to ask would I take a blue one after saying for ages none were in stock and they didn't know if the red would be back again. So took the blue.

Very happy with it. Glad I held out and didn't cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Got my 9t pro 8gb/256 a week ago after much arseholery from eglobal. Out of the blue they emailed to ask would I take a blue one after saying for ages none were in stock and they didn't know if the red would be back again. So took the blue.

Very happy with it. Glad I held out and didn't cancel.

Happy with the regular 9t here - I haven't noticed any lag, so the pro is clearly aptly named.

Couple of slightly annoying things, after a fortnight's use (running miui, debloated, thanks to the poster who shared the debloat tool);
    - the position of the notification light renders it useless
    - the 'Cell Standby' process is using a lot of battery, to the point of being the biggest consumer - saw a post describing how to change the settings so it's not looking for Chinese cell towers, and it seems to have improved a bit so far.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/how-to/fix-battery-drain-mobile-standby-t3883840

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Cheap adaptor I got with 9T Pro from eglobal is dodgy!

Can anyone recommend a 3 pin powerblock to replace the Xiaomi one? Needs to fast charge etc.

Cheap adaptor I got with 9T Pro from eglobal is dodgy!

Can anyone recommend a 3 pin powerblock to replace the Xiaomi one? Needs to fast charge etc.
    The one I quoted just above your message. Uses the original EU charger in a sturdy adapter.
    I's a bit bulky, but works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Got my standard 9t last week and just getting around to setting it up. It's my first Xiaomi so will need to adjust to MIUI(although i will use another launcher) but i have an update sitting there to upgrade to 11.0.3 but from reading i presume this is the update that causes the massive battery drain on standby(the tip above may help this a bit).

I also see that there has been a 11.0.4 update issued so i suppose what i'm asking is are most of ye on the 11.0.4 update and has this resolved any previous issues?

I'm on 11.0.3.0 and the battery lasts just shy of 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Hi folks,

Would appreciate some input. My Mi Max gave up recently. I'm looking at the 9t or maybe the 9t pro. With normal us (i.e, no gaming) is there any noticeable difference?
    Is there any other Xiaomi phones I should look at that people feel are an option? Looking for a larger screen.

I'll have a look at Honorbuy & Amazon but what's the quickest option at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Got my standard 9t last week and just getting around to setting it up. It's my first Xiaomi so will need to adjust to MIUI(although i will use another launcher) but i have an update sitting there to upgrade to 11.0.3 but from reading i presume this is the update that causes the massive battery drain on standby(the tip above may help this a bit).

I also see that there has been a 11.0.4 update issued so i suppose what i'm asking is are most of ye on the 11.0.4 update and has this resolved any previous issues?

Is there a way to force these updates? I'm on 11.0.1 (on a 9T Pro) and it says there are no updates available.

Advertisement