Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I have a Xiaomi but not a 9T. Myself and my friend have noticed issues with calls (both on 3). The phone won't ring at all, then suddenly we get a notification for 3 missed calls, and a very angry delivery driver standing outside!

Interesting. I have the Mi A1 and this is the kind of issue im experiencing. Im with virgin who use 3 network. I replaces the charging port which I thought was causing the issues but it may not be. The signal is very weak and most say they can barely hear me. As mentioned someone can ring me but my phone wont ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I had the mi a1 and a Poco phone .3 of the mates have mi9. all on eir and vf but don't have any of these issue,s .maybe it's 3 network.and I'd defo say it's gomo as I know 3 people who ran from them for sh*t reception

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

massy086 wrote: »
    I had the mi a1 and a Poco phone .3 of the mates have mi9. all on eir and vf but don't have any of these issue,s .maybe it's 3 network.and I'd defo say it's gomo as I know 3 people who ran from them for sh*t reception

I've had mi phone's for years and years VF no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

3's network is definitely an issue. GF has had those same type of issues on 4 different phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I have one of these and am delighted with it. Wife's S8 is on its way out and I was thinking of getting one of these for her too. Wonder if/when the Coronavirus will begin to affect supply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

greendom wrote: »
    I have one of these and am delighted with it. Wife's S8 is on its way out and I was thinking of getting one of these for her too. Wonder if/when the Coronavirus will begin to affect supply?

Order from an EU warehouse and it won't be a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Good news all, it looks like I finally managed to get a refund from Amazon.es. It was a time-consuming and frustrating battle, but after two visits to the Gardai, seven amazon webchats and eight phonecalls with UPS all failed, an email to Jeff at amazon.com is what clinched the refund in the end.

All I can say is be very very careful when ordering from Amazon.es. I sent their investigations team a letter with an official Garda pulse number and the investigation number but they would not relent. They wanted an official letter with my name, order no., tracking no and stamps. The problem is, the Gardai can't provide such custom letters.. They have certain protocols they have to follow. Tbh, the guards and UPS have been very helpful but are equally baffled that I had to report this. Even when I explained this to Amazon I got the same generic responses. They were refusing to contact the guards themselves too unless I provided this letter. Everytime I spoke to the mindless drones operating the webchat, I would get the same copy and paste responses. It truly was a horrible experience and I'm lucky I did some searching on the issue and received a response from the executive customer service team

On that note, is there anyway I can order a Mi 9T that is safe and quick? Most here seem to order from eglobal it seems. Does anyone know what shipping company they work with and what the delivery times are like?

I'm very wary of buying phones online after this but I've already bought a Ringke cover for the phone.. Even UPS themselves are saying it was almost certainly one of their workers that robbed the phone. So in that case, would getting it sent to ParcelMotel be safer perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

On that note, is there anyway I can order a Mi 9T that is safe and quick? Most here seem to order from eglobal it seems. Does anyone know what shipping company they work with and what the delivery times are like?

Honorbuy would be better than eglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I used honorbuy. Think it was 306 including the courier.
    Have a google foe discount codes as well. I got a fiver off doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Honorbuy would be better than eglobal

I've bought from both on a number of occasions.

While honorbuy was better in terms of delivery times (and tracking) I did manage to get a 9T pro delivered for 334 from eglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

just ordered from honorbuy - eglobal was cheaper but sticking with the one I know and trust, plus hard to beat 2 day (tops) delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 WindWarrior

Does anyone know if the MI 9T has twin app feature for using two what's app accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Yes, MIUI offers dual apps, with WhatsApp on the list of apps when I check my phone (MIUI 11 on an older Redmi Note 5).

Great call on Honorbuy, seemingly my phone will arrive tomorrow at noon. If it arrives on time at ParcelMotel (Dublin) tomorrow, I should be able to collect it from the locker on Saturday morning, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

ordered mine 'bout this time yesterday, got confirmation of Friday delivery from FedEx this morning - honorbuy are excellent. I've had 4 orders to them over the past few months, never a hitch

FedEx here as well, probably the same shipment I'm guessing. ParcelMotel deliver to lockers on Saturdays, so I'm hoping they process it quickly and it will be there for me Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hi, I dropped phone and now display is gone, think it's damage to the inner LED screen, with pixelation and screen bleed. Does anyone know of a store in Dublin that might have replacement components that I could check in with?
    Tried the mobile phone repair shop in St Stephens Green shopping centre as well as new repair shop just before McDonalds on Grafton, but no joy with either. Don't want to have to wait weeks on end for order of screen replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hi, I dropped phone and now display is gone, think it's damage to the inner LED screen, with pixelation and screen bleed. Does anyone know of a store in Dublin that might have replacement components that I could check in with?
    Tried the mobile phone repair shop in St Stephens Green shopping centre as well as new repair shop just before McDonalds on Grafton, but no joy with either. Don't want to have to wait weeks on end for order of screen replacement.

A search on Google seems to suggest there are places out there that fix them. Here's one in Blanch...
    https://www.celticrepairs.ie/xiaomi-repair/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Any good apps for moving my old phone files to my new one?

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Any good apps for moving my old phone files to my new one?

Mi drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

My power button stopped working just out of nowhere it's very awkward to unlock phone , when I eventually get the screen on I changed the settings for double tap to open and lock phone and it was working all day but now that won't do either

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

popsy09 wrote: »
    My power button stopped working just out of nowhere it's very awkward to unlock phone , when I eventually get the screen on I changed the settings for double tap to open and lock phone and it was working all day but now that won't do either

Any ideas ?

Restart phone by using all battery charge

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Harika wrote: »
    Restart phone by using all battery charge
    Do you mean leave the phone go dead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

popsy09 wrote: »
    Do you mean leave the phone go dead ?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kev600

Looking for some help.

I want to buy a Xiaomi MI 9T Pro. The only place left that I can find it is on eglobal. I have read the reviews and it seems safe but will take forever and even longer in the current climate. It seems to be out of stock everywhere else reasonable?

The global model that has network bands to suit the 3 network here only seems to come in the 6bg ram version. I found the 8gb ram version on eglobal which I have not seen as an global version before so just wondering is it a safe buy or is it likely to not work well in 4g?

Thanks for the replies

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Kev600 wrote:
    The global model that has network bands to suit the 3 network here only seems to come in the 6bg ram version. I found the 8gb ram version on eglobal which I have not seen as an global version before so just wondering is it a safe buy or is it likely to not work well in 4g?

Wow, it's gone up in price since I bought it back in October! The eglobal 8GB 256GB is the global version with band 20-800Mhz. Decent spec for 400e.

Only thing I can't recommend is ordering from Asia at the moment. Eglobal have always got there in the end, but with this situation it may take a month or more to arrive. Or you could be very lucky and get it in 1-2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kev600

tedpan wrote: »
    Wow, it's gone up in price since I bought it back in October! The eglobal 8GB 256GB is the global version with band 20-800Mhz. Decent spec for 400e.

Only thing I can't recommend is ordering from Asia at the moment. Eglobal have always got there in the end, but with this situation it may take a month or more to arrive. Or you could be very lucky and get it in 1-2 weeks.

Well the waiting I don't mind. I'm not in a rush. My current phone is on the way out. But I have never used eglobal before and wonder will I definitely get my product.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Kev600 wrote:
    Well the waiting I don't mind. I'm not in a rush. My current phone is on the way out. But I have never used eglobal before and wonder will I definitely get my product.

Oh yeah, no worries there. I've never had an issue apart from poor updates and slow deliveries. Make sure you use PayPal.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Oh yeah, no worries there. I've never had an issue apart from poor updates and slow deliveries. Make sure you use PayPal.

Like many others I had issues with eglobal, disaster

Advertisement