Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Compo Culture Minister

Brilliant! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

G Shock wrote: »
    A real leader would call Bailey, Madigan & Farrell into the office and say; Get the **** out NOW! Look what you've done to us!
    When was the last time we saw one of those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I met a mate today, anyway he has no allegiance to any of the parties. Voted all of them before including the greens.

A few weeks back I had met him and it came up about Maria Bailey. He had an idea about it but not really a huge interest, kind of said it was dead and she was stupid. He is a small business owner

Anyway today he bring up subject, could tell me all about it. Who owned the Dean, that Indo had a hard on for FG(his description).

He seemed to know more than me and I have tracked the story.

This seems to be a fair representative of the average voter, instead of FG killing the story it is now the main topic of conversation.

Also, as far as he is concerned it will bring down FG.....says the video will come out....it is not if but when.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

There is definitely a play or a film to be made about this in time to come.

The arrogance displayed by the upper echelons of Fine Gael has possibly ruined the party, or at least set it back for a long time which is a sad thing for democracy in Ireland.

I feel sorry for the genuine hard workers who have given so much of their unpaid time for the party and in fairness their are some very good Fine Gael TD's whose seats will be in danger because of this fiasco and they deserved more consideration.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Tin foil hat time:
    Imagine if this whole Maria Bailey debacle was being orchestrated by a Brexit connection?

Destabilize the current govt, bring to the fore insurance costs in Ireland, possibly force an election during Brexit talks, in turn, distract everyone enough that the backstop is removed without fuss in the confusion.
    After the shenanigans with Cambridge Analytica, I can believe most things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Tin foil hat time:
    Imagine if this whole Maria Bailey debacle was being orchestrated by a Brexit connection?

Destabilize the current govt, bring to the fore insurance costs in Ireland, possibly force an election during Brexit talks, in turn, distract everyone enough that the backstop is removed without fuss in the confusion.

Yeah, and she set the whole dastardly plan in motion what.. 4 years ago when she accidentally on purpose fell off the swing?

Tin foil hat time:

When she fell off the swing Brexit wasnt a thing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Tin foil hat time:

My guess is its just about the money.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

When it happened is irrelevant.

The drip drip feed of information now is more important.

The timing is very handy, is all I'm saying.

If the tape leaks before Hallowe'en, I'm wrapping myself up in tin foil:D:D:D

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Make sure you have the shiny side the right way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tin foil hat time:

And sneak in and take Rockall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Idbatterim wrote: »
    we can live in hope! He can do one about the emperor with no clothes, i.e varadkar, while he's at it! :D:rolleyes:

I am honestly mind blown about the level of incompetence and spoofing from politicians here. Varadkar is a comedian! After eight years in power, a marginal tax rate of still FIFTY percent of your income! Look at the issues with the wastewater in Dublin, M20 back in planning, same with dublin metro. Insurance, is a farce. How they actually think people will sit back and tolerate waffle, inaction and lies for several years and then continue to vote for them, is pure comedy!

Problem is many people will. At this stage it's obvious we aren't a nation with an electorate that has even an average level of IQ. We look down our noses and laugh at America for voting in Trump or the UK for voting Brexit but yet we time and again let FG and FF back in.

When it happened is irrelevant.

The drip drip feed of information now is more important.

The timing is very handy, is all I'm saying.

It's nothing to do with Brexit and more to do with The Dean hotel owner.

https://namawinelake.wordpress.com/about/paddy-mckillen-v-nama/

This was backed by FG. It seems dopey Madigan and Bailey don't seem to have made the link.

He has held onto this till he got a chance to drop feed it into the press.The Indo 12 months ago wouldnt have run this story. Simple as that.

So it is a combination of a few things, none of which are Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Tin foil hat time:

No, it was Russian FSB assets that smeared Polonium on the seat of the swing.
    Maria's ass went numb from Polonium being absorbed into the buttocks.

Her beer had a drop of Novichok in it and that made her a bit woozy.

So if she had sued the Russians she'd be home and dry by now. Even Vlad would have apologised personally after she had asked him the question: 'Do you not know who I am'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

This story is a sign of the times nowadays and how social media is a good thing.

This story wud not come to the fore like it has without people sharing and probing things.

Makes you wonder what has gone on on the past and is dead forever with politics in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Tin foil hat time:

Watched The Hack on Netflix the other day. Stuff like that is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility anymore. Eye opening stuff.

Anyway, in regards to the basis of this case, its a clear cut case of attempted fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

lola85 wrote: »
    This story is a sign of the times nowadays and how social media is a good thing.

This story wud not come to the fore like it has without people sharing and probing things.

Makes you wonder what has gone on on the past and is dead forever with politics in Ireland.

Social media is a big problem for the political elite the world over. Varadkar has used it to his advantage to sway gullible millennials into voting for him so it would be sweet if it brings him and his government down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't think her fathers history helped her, nor her own claim against Aer Lingus. While she may not have had a hand in most of her fathers antics, it didn't help that she was caught trying one of her own, and her first instinct was to go on the radio and blame everyone else.

Suckit wrote: »
    I don't think her fathers history helped her, nor her own claim against Aer Lingus. While she may not have had a hand in most of her fathers antics, it didn't help that she was caught trying one of her own, and her first instinct was to go on the radio and blame everyone else.

Aerlingus and her father are minor stories

The interview was mess as she was like a spoilt brat on it

Since then it has become a disaster because of Leo and his idiotic antics....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yeah, I meant the initial outrage.
    The truth is, this could easily have been swept away quickly enough had it been handled differently.
    Her attitude coupled with the other stuff was enough to keep people annoyed until Leo caught up and made a balls of it himself. She is fecked now, and I think Madigan may be in trouble too.
    Farrells sh*t was bound to catch up with him, this just highlighted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Run the Aer Lingus claim by me again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

mike_cork wrote: »
    Fergus O'Dowd has gone on radio this morning to say Bailey should not run for FG in the next election

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1155762872833781761
    Fair play to O'Dowd.
    Hopefully Leo makes a comment one way or the other. :D

Why is FOD only opening his mouth now? I think he saw what is happening & is only speaking out to hope he gets re-elected.

But at least he has seen the light and said what had to be said.

mike_cork wrote: »
    Fergus O'Dowd has gone on radio this morning to say Bailey should not run for FG in the next election

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1155762872833781761
    Fair play to O'Dowd.
    Hopefully Leo makes a comment one way or the other. :D

Why is FOD only opening his mouth now? I think he saw what is happening & is only speaking out to hope he gets re-elected.
    Rats abandoning a sinking ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Leo himself said that he only joined Fine Gael because of their values.
    These “values” seem to have diminished or become less important since.

Or it doesn’t say much about LVs own values.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Highly doubtful being honest. Deluded sense of importance to think the leader of the country is concerned about what anonymous people on message boards are posting.

Do you even know your leader?

He is very much concerned about public opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shemale wrote: »
    Do you even know your leader?

He is very much concerned about public opinion

Parody account gone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I love this part:
    wrote:
    Last night, a spokesman for Mr Varadkar insisted "the alleged course of action wasn't taken and was never seriously considered".

It's complete bull**** OR Leo is like Partridge with his 'never seriously considered' ideas:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VCt1yRMjo0A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Yeah, I meant the initial outrage.
    The truth is, this could easily have been swept away quickly enough had it been handled differently.
    Her attitude coupled with the other stuff was enough to keep people annoyed until Leo caught up and made a balls of it himself. She is fecked now, and I think Madigan may be in trouble too.
    Farrells sh*t was bound to catch up with him, this just highlighted it.
    As far as I know Farrell is very disliked in FG. He has Neale Richmond who he's buddy's with but after that I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/swinggate-maria-bailey-facing-growing-calls-from-within-fine-gael-not-to-run-in-next-general-election-38357881.html

A few other FG members now saying publicly and privately that Bailey has to go (at the next election)-see above article. But as it's Ireland there's the usual "she's the real victim" people at work. Her losing her Dad is tragic...But that does not take away from her attempted fraud.

"Others defended Ms Bailey. Fine Gael senator Gabrielle McFadden said: "I think she has had enough. I think we should be putting our arms around her and looking out for her and allow her to make her own decision. I feel that people should be looking after their own seats and let Maria Bailey look after her own."

Fine Gael senator Joe O'Reilly added: "I wouldn't see that it should be taken any further. I think we should get closure. She has gone through a lot of personal suffering and just lost her dad."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Rats abandoning a sinking ship.
    Really not that dramatic at all. Drawing a line between themselves and a scenario they did not cause. There are TDs on all sides who are respected in their local areas but as many of them have learnt voters can be fickle, intemperate and full of self-righteousness. TDs need to keep on their right side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement