Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They done a BMW on it and stuck a tablet on the dashboard. : ( , oh Audi with your disappearing tablet how I do love thee.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Do I see an indication of heated and cooled seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

The lips wrote: »
    Do I see an indication of heated and cooled seats?

Yes that was present in what we saw. Much bigger interior than a golf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Old diesel wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/A8cHHNPRg-c

Autocar review of a late prototype.

This same event you were at CFC007????

Embed the vid for the lazy :)

How do I do that on the phone?????

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Cancelled my reservation this evening. Kona64 on the way to me in a couple of weeks so happy to stick with the tried and tested for a couple of years. Might look at the ID3 77 as an option in 2022 if VW gets everything right. Shouldn’t have too much trouble shifting the Kona even in three years.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Old diesel wrote: »
    How do I do that on the phone?????

Type this without the spaces: [ YOUTUBE ]A8cHHNPRg-c[ /YOUTUBE ]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Video is taken down, there are some decent stills from it here...

https://insideevs.com/news/359140/video-vw-tease-id3-dashboard/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

The prebooking site now indicates all the 1st edition reservations are gone

“Your first step into the future
    As reservations for the ID.3 1ST (the limited first edition of the ID.3) are full, we are now accepting reservations for the ID.3.

By reserving the ID.3, you will also automatically be added to a waiting list for the ID.3 1st Special Edition, so in the event of a cancellation you may be in line to have your pre-order upgraded to an ID.3 1st Special Edition.”

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

The prebooking site now indicates all the 1st edition reservations are gone

“Your first step into the future
    As reservations for the ID.3 1ST (the limited first edition of the ID.3) are full, we are now accepting reservations for the ID.3.

By reserving the ID.3, you will also automatically be added to a waiting list for the ID.3 1st Special Edition, so in the event of a cancellation you may be in line to have your pre-order upgraded to an ID.3 1st Special Edition.”

I reserved one this evening and got reservation code and confirmation.

“By reserving your very own ID.3 1ST special edition, you have just secured yourself a piece of the future.”

Hopefully an appreacting asset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

On the ID.3 pre-booking summary is states that I pre-booked the ID.3 rather than the 1st edition even though I reserved in early May and my email stated I have reserved the 1st edition. What does it say on other people's pre-booking page
    You have successfully pre-booked your ID.3. We will let you know more about next steps, including prices and model specification as soon as more information is available. You have also been added to the waiting list for the ID.3 1ST Special Edition, so in the event of cancellations you may be in line to be upgraded to a ID.3 1st Special Edition. If this occurs, we will contact you to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Video is taken down, there are some decent stills from it here...

https://insideevs.com/news/359140/video-vw-tease-id3-dashboard/

Just noticed in those pictures - no battery percentage, why not give it, some people will say oh you dont need it bit like my iphone xr, yet I still swipe down to see the battery percentage. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭stesaurus

On the ID.3 pre-booking summary is states that I pre-booked the ID.3 rather than the 1st edition even though I reserved in early May and my email stated I have reserved the 1st edition. What does it say on other people's pre-booking page

Same for me and I booked early also. Either it's a bug or we've all been bumped off the list

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

stesaurus wrote: »
    Same for me and I booked early also. Either it's a bug or we've all been bumped off the list

Same here. I’ve a booking in from day one. I think it’s a bug in how they updated the page for the new non-1st edition reservations.

On a related note, if the 1st edition is an inferior spec to the later versions I would hope they allow 1st edition reservations to migrate without going to the back of the line

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

I see this also but in the original reservation confirmation email it states "1st edition". So I'd say it's just a bug.

Yea mines the same

You have successfully pre-booked your ID.3. We will let you know more about next steps, including prices and model specification as soon as more information is available. You have also been added to the waiting list for the ID.3 1ST Special Edition, so in the event of cancellations you may be in line to be upgraded to a ID.3 1st Special Edition. If this occurs, we will contact you to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I would say they have just changed that landing page text once all the 1st reservations were gone, not really anticipating that people would go back to that page once they had already booked.

I'm still not convinced on the look from the front but it's a good looking hatch from the side and back...

Screenshot-20190720-013912-2.png

Screenshot-20190720-013727-2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Looks like a leaf from side, at least the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

jusmeig wrote: »
    Looks like a leaf from side, at least the back.

Most cars look similar these days from the exterior

Car companies are afraid to do anything dramatic in case it back fires, the Leaf 1 might have sold better but it was too odd to sell to general public.....

It’s the interior you should concentrate on, that’s the bit you will send your time looking at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Most cars look similar these days from the exterior

Car companies are afraid to do anything dramatic in case it back fires, the Leaf 1 might have sold better but it was too odd to sell to general public.....

It’s the interior you should concentrate on, that’s the bit you will send your time looking at

I spend my time looking at other people's cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I have to say, I really like the look of it. The white render with the black trim looks really nice. Not a massive difference size-wise vs the current eGolf. Boot looks to be similar enough, maybe a little bit taller/deeper.

Some of the exterior styling is influenced by the latest leaf, BMW i3 especially around the back 1/4 panel/boot.

I don't think I'd be putting in a pre-order at this stage. I'd like to have a better choice of spec when they start to come onto the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I don't think I'd be putting in a pre-order at this stage.

Even if you wanted to, you'd be too late. The 30,000 first edition pre-orders are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

unkel wrote: »
    Even if you wanted to, you'd be too late. The 30,000 first edition pre-orders are gone.

Yeah I know. You could probably get one on cancellation if you really wanted to.

Yeah I know. You could probably get one on cancellation if you really wanted to.

They were taking orders up to yesterday anyway, maybe contact VW Dublin and they’ll tell you if there still availability.

They were taking orders up to yesterday anyway, maybe contact VW Dublin and they’ll tell you if there still availability.

Careful I think they could be for a normal one not the 1st edition.

Careful I think they could be for a normal one not the 1st edition.

No it was the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

There isn't. All 30,000 reservations are filled. Perhaps they are putting you on a waiting / cancellation list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Orebro

There isn't. All 30,000 reservations are filled. Perhaps they are putting you on a waiting / cancellation list?

Not sure if that matters too much - can't see a very high percentage of these actually going through with the order.

• Advertisement

I’ve my 1st booked. This is a mates he was talking to VW Ireland before he booked and they said they still had availability for the 1st yesterday anyway. Not a waiting list.

Advertisement