Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Similar here.... €295(Aviva) for fully comp. No real change from previous year. EV's tend to have lower insurance, not higher, eventhough they are more powerful. Long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’m sure this has come up before but my car is offline a couple of days and not connecting to the app. What can I do ?

I think I’ll just leave it alone. Looks like car usually sorts itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

app was offline for me the last few days. Back online yesterday though.

the app got updated and I had to login again but it’s operating as normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

same - opened up the app yesterday, had to log in again, my car isn't there. put in the VIN, the app isn't picking it up. assuming it'll fix itself in a few days but it's a pain. sent a snotty email to support - couldn't even do that from the app had to copy into my gmail. useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Yesterday morning, got a "Please clean front parking sensors" error. Gave the sensors a wipe down and still the same error. It seems to indicate the front middle right one is faulty, from the parking display. It also seems to mean that the "Manoeuvre braking" function is unavailable (not sure what that is).

It's probably a dud sensor that the dealer will need to look at, but wondering if anyone else has had this on their ID.3? I've had countless VAG cars and never once had a parking sensor fail / fault, and also wary if this might also be attributable to some of the software woes (I'm on 2.1).

If i'm sitting in the car (drivers seat) and am parked up, is the car still running off the HiVoltage Battery?

It seems like after a while the car shuts down - the goodbye message pops up on the infotainment screen.

I'm struggling to find a clear answer in the (non)manual.

It does say about braking : 'Switch on the electronic parking brake Electronic parking brake. The vehicle’s drive system is deactivated.' Is that the same as shutting down the HV battery?

I think that I read stationery AC runs off the HV battery. What about the radio?

I'm paranoid about running down the 12v. As winter comes i'll be spending hours sitting in the car while child does various sporting events.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Got the final part of the update through yesterday.

Will be heading down to Waterford on Sunday so will see what the brings, a few cosmetic changes and additions to the ID light seem to be about it.

in fairness the support got back to me very quickly - i emailed 9pm last night and they replied this morning. and their solution works. -

• Delete the We Connect ID. app from your device.
    • Clear the residual cache of the deleted app, by restarting your iPhone.
    • Download the app once more (free to download from the app store) and log in with your personal information.
    • Go to the 'My vehicle' section of the app, and at the top right of the screen you will see the 'garage' section. If you see your vehicle here please select it to bring it to the home screen.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

All the computers and electronics needed to start the car run off the 12v battery

Without the 12v, the contactor for the HV battery won't close, so no connection to the HV system

I think they fixed most of the 12v issues with the 2.0 update, the car will charge the 12v from the HV battery periodically to ensure it remains charged

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

No Sign of my id.3 and I the dealer told me if I want to cancel he understands completely. Thinking about it at this stage and might just pay off the id3, 130 Kms on it almost will do me. Might consider a ioniq 5 but then again that will be pretty expensive with decent spec, might just hold off altogether now for a year or two, would have been nice to have a bit more EV range but the battery is remarkable, no sign of any range loss yet which is amazing.

I'll give it a week and if there's nothing concrete then I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I've just received the WeCharge app as an OTA update. When I got the pop-up I thought it was part 2 of 2.3 as I got the first part 3 weeks ago but no luck there.

The WeCharge app is to find charging stations and it indicates the live availability. Battery Life did a video on it a few weeks ago as they had a beta version. I don't know why it wasn't built into the main navigation system. That would have been a neater solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,275 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

This happened to me in the leaf when I ran out of electrons and had to be collected at 3am, i ran the 12v battery down with the heating and lights on a dark windey road.

Next morning put the charge cable on it, no joy.

put the jump pack on, charging started and I left on the jump pack for awhile

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Can you search locations in the We Charge app and send them to the satnav (like you can with the app)?

I'm always doing this because We Charge uses Google Maps for searching so can find places a lot more reliably than the onboard Satnav

Unfortunately, sending to the car is pretty unreliable, the locations arrive about 50% of the time and generally it's a day later or something

It's be cool if the onboard satnave could be set to use Google Maps as well

Yeah I've got myself a little 12v booster for just these situations. Haven't needed it yet but it's handy to have and much quicker than waiting for the tow truck

I've got some jump leads as well as part of a breakdown kit but I'm not particularly keen on relying on the kindness of strangers

The handy thing with an EV is that you don't need a particularly powerful jump starter, since it doesn't have the big startup surge current that ICE cars do

So you can go with one of the cheap & compact starters

Just make sure it's charged before winter starts (note to self 😁)

I don’t know what to say. It’s rubbish luck. They should at least tell you what the delay is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Or where exactly it is? On the internal system, this should be very very clear and transparent. i.e. which of these following steps is it at? It seems his dealer still hasn't given him this info. Not that it matters, but it would be good to know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

Sorry to hear Mad_Lad. I think I would do something similar, well worth looking at the Ioniq 5, it's a fine bus, the missus has one on order for 2022. Ok, range may be down 10 or 15% on the 77kWh ID.3, battery size is 72kWh on the larger battery Ioniq 5 and it's a bigger, heavier car. But acres of space and well equipped even in Executive Plus. Not sure about the driver aids but has lane keep and lane follow. Not sure about PCP %, but we are happy with the deal we got trading our Ioniq 28.

Saw a Premium Plus today in the Gold colour, with the larger wheels etc, looked great..

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

it uses google maps but you can only navigate to chargers. I tried entering Dublin Zoo as a test. It found it and highlighted it in the map with no problems but I couldn’t get an option to navigate to that point. Chargers in the area were indicated, green available, red unavailable, with the kW rating beside the icon. Tapping the icon gives more details and if you press the Start Navigation button it takes you over to the in car satnav.

Seems it only shows WeCharge points so ecars and ionity and no EasyGO, Lidl etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does it have travel assist though? That's the main question.

I just don't think Sheehys can get any info, he basically said his head is wrecked dealing with them and has an id.4 business that someone cancelled also because of the delay, he doesn't really care I suppose if I cancel he'll sell it either way considering the supply issues.

It's all a mistery. And of course the VW site won't tell the customer anything, then again suppose we're not customers of VW but cusrtomers of the dealers so probably not entitled to the info but it would be nice to have. Even contacting VW is hopeless via their site, they just say contact your dealer lol.

Yeah I have seen the 5 and might arrange a test drive, that's even if they have one in Carlow.

Not sure what the specs or driver aids are either in the 5 but might check it out, we'll see what Sheehys come back with in a week. Either way it's going to be an October collection at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

Well the basic cloth seated one is quite well equipped, better than the base ID.3. i'm sure the 72kWh ones have the equivalent to travel assist..😊

I don’t think the lead in for other cars is much better though. Dooley’s have said they just can’t get hold of stock either.

Yeah quite sure supplies will be limited but at least I might get a 2022 car in 2022 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

As @JoeA3 said earlier, their system can tell them exactly where in the process it is, whether it's just in the backlog for semiconductors or not even through production. It's there in black and white on their inventory screen, I've seen it myself.

They won't know an exact completion date until it has its semiconductor (assuming that's the delay) but they absolutely know more than they're telling you.

Advertisement