Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seems to be 2 motors, we know the 180bhp but this article mentions driving the 204ps
    "But it did have the middle-sized, 58kWh version of three available battery packs, and the more powerful of two available electric drive motors"

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/id-3/first-drives/volkswagen-id-3-2020-review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Seems to be 2 motors, we know the 180bhp but this article mentions driving the 204ps
    "But it did have the middle-sized, 58kWh version of three available battery packs, and the more powerful of two available electric drive motors"

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/id-3/first-drives/volkswagen-id-3-2020-review

Makes sense

As VW mentioned an ota software update is available to go from lower power to higher power version, as in hardware is the same,

That suggests there different motors I doubt it's just software. The R and GTi need to live on past the MK8 golf.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's probably similar to the Kona, the 39kWh and 64kWh have the same physical motor, but the 39kWh has 100kW (136PS) vs 150kW (204PS)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

liamog wrote: »
    It's probably similar to the Kona, the 39kWh and 64kWh have the same physical motor, but the 39kWh has 100kW (136PS) vs 150kW (204PS)

It's also the same with the Leaf, as the 24kWh (since 2013), 30kWh, 40kWh, and 62kWh versions all have the exact same physical motor. The power electronics and software are the only differences.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Does the 62 not have a new motor...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

slave1 wrote: »
    Does the 62 not have a new motor...

It has the same EM57 motor as all the variants listed above.

Link: https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/new/leaf/specifications.html#manual

Also on the looks of the ID.3, it certainly looks very similar to the Leaf from the side profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Just watched the AutoCar test drive. My head (my bank account really) is saying I should get a VW ID 3. My heart is saying that I should get a Model 3. 420km on the 58kwh battery, so in reality that'll be 350/360km? Similar range on the Model 3 SR +, but aboout 18k more expensive :/

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Just watched the AutoCar test drive. My head (my bank account really) is saying I should get a VW ID 3. My heart is saying that I should get a Model 3. 420km on the 58kwh battery, so in reality that'll be 350/360km? Similar range on the Model 3 SR +, but aboout 18k more expensive :/

About 8k more expensive

ID 58kWh will be €40,000

€30,000 might get you a 45kWh with hubcaps in 2021

Mike9832 wrote: »
    About 8k more expensive

ID 58kWh will be €40,000

€30,000 might get you a 45kWh with hubcaps in 2021

Huh? I thought it was 40k before incentives?

• Advertisement

Huh? I thought it was 40k before incentives?

After unfortunately

They launching 1st edition next year which most here are saying €40,000

Cheaper models to launch months after that model, no details given yet

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/350968/volkswagen-id-3-launch-plans-detail/amp/

Mike9832 wrote: »
    After unfortunately

They launching 1st edition next year which most here are saying €40,000

Cheaper models to launch months after that model, no details given yet

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/350968/volkswagen-id-3-launch-plans-detail/amp/

If that's the case, I'll wait on for the Tesla so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If that's the case, I'll wait on for the Tesla so.

Nobody know yet, wait a few months and prices released

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Nobody know yet, wait a few months and prices released

Will do, not in a position for either right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

Mike9832 wrote:
    ID 58kWh will be €40,000

ID3 intermediate battery will be 37ish. Without extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

unkel wrote: »
    It actually works out quite well for people in Ireland as you don't have to pay VRT on upgrades purchased later

Well I think we can all see what's going to happen there.
    From there I'd say its only a short jump to taxing phone (and computers etc..) software updates.

McGiver wrote: »
    ID3 intermediate battery will be 37ish. Without extras.

Probably

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well I think we can all see what's going to happen there.
    From there I'd say its only a short jump to taxing phone (and computers etc..) software updates.

Nah. People have had dealers installing options like leather seats, sunroofs etc for decades. No VRT was ever paid on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

I was at the sneak peek preview over in Wolfsburg. We got to see the physical ID with the camo and without. Phones were taken from us so no pics. The interior is the same as the El Born with dash and door side panels customizable. The interior lights look good. The car we saw had the two tone seat interior as already shown online. I think up to 3 drivers profiles can be saved. The car itself was much more impressive in the flesh. The hump on the front under the windscreen is for pedestrian safety. It didn’t take too much from the car as it’s much more flat and blends in with car lines. There will be a choice of 8 colours. The white looked very good with the non standard efficiency saving 19” alloys. I just can’t take to those diamond cut wheels. Premium audio which looked like beats audio. Lot of room inside as expected. Was interesting to listen to the head of VW design going through the design process. On screen comparisons were made to the golf and the increased in height and short front helped to create the space inside. On the HUD, we saw a computer demo which looked cool I think it works upto 50 meters away with the projections. Pana roof also looked cool just looked like a black roof.

No further info on delivery, price, OTA updates. Let’s see in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

https://youtu.be/A8cHHNPRg-c

Autocar review of a late prototype.

This same event you were at CFC007????

• Advertisement

No was just for reservation holders. VW said this was never done before. The Dutch were the most represented, followed by Norway, Poland and Denmark. Was a really cool event and we even got camo ID 3 socks!
    Old diesel wrote: »

When you say the HuD works up to 50 meters away, does it project onto the road or just project onto the window giving information up to 50 meters away.

I guess it projects on to the window as the box for it sits on the drivers side behind the cluster built into the dash. Looked like 3D images so you’ll have your arrows for sat nav, speed limit etc
    When you say the HuD works up to 50 meters away, does it project onto the road or just project onto the window giving information up to 50 meters away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Did my link work?????.

I literally just figured out how to do copy and paste on my phone and the link doesn't work at my end in my post.

Not sure if that's to do with me looking at my own post or not

Yeah I was able to copy and paste your link into my browser.

Did my link work?????.

I literally just figured out how to do copy and paste on my phone and the link doesn't work at my end in my post.

Not sure if that's to do with me looking at my own post or not

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

I was also there. Well described above. The hud display project's to the windscreen but must alter it to overlay direction and speed on ground. So essentially you get speed and directions overlayed on the oncoming road. Its like a bus stop or yield on-road marking but live and roles toward you and then out of site. The colour style of the roof and boot is black for all models. So think two tone is standard(could be wrong) boot seemed deeper virtically, seemed thinner width wise and same dept as my egolf. Attached is pretty much the outside we saw with different wheels. Some other notes were no foot rest in one we sat in, individual arm rests, lepard spots on back pillar and a standard grey colour for skirts, back and front grill. Huge wheels estimated 24 inches.Keyless entry with phone, hud. The parking menu in the screen. Usb ports for back passengers. Amazing time and vw ireland legends for the access we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Did you guys get a chance to sit in it and if so, what's your assessment of space in the back? Really as big as a Passat?

Was there an isofix in the front?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Embed the vid for the lazy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Matqo

Just in: Official VW video showcasing the dashboard

Advertisement