Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    A company selling over 10 million cars a year

I doubt they are concerned they only have 27000 reservations for a car people have not seen the inside or out

Even to have27000 is good

Don't know if good is the right term

€150,000 Porsche Taycan has more reservations than this affordable Volkswagen Golf clone

Honestly thought demand would be massive, huge backlog etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Lumen wrote: »
    So people think "I won't get a Leaf now, I'll hang on for an ID.3"

I’ve noticed in the last two weeks prices of ex-demo and secondhand e-golfs in main dealers has dropped, I wonder are they trying to get rid of them before the ID is launched?

I’m thinking of holding on for another two weeks to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mike9832 wrote: »

€150,000 Porsche Taycan has more reservations than this affordable Volkswagen Golf clone

I don't see people going out and reserving a new Golf before they have seen what it looks like and what the inside is like

The Porsche is a premium car and reservation work with those cars

Tesla stuck out this reservation thing and people lapped it up, majority of people got burned with it....I doubt many will follow suit again.....

The eGolf is the best selling electric car in Germany in July....so they have a market for electric cars.....

I don't see people going out and reserving a new Golf before they have seen what it looks like and what the inside is like

The Porsche is a premium car and reservation work with those cars

Tesla stuck out this reservation thing and people lapped it up, majority of people got burned with it....I doubt many will follow suit again.....

The eGolf is the best selling electric car in Germany in July....so they have a market for electric cars.....

You can't compare it to an old ICE Golf

Format has changed, reservations for EV's is a thing now, from Peugeot to Tesla they all doing it, demand is there, look at eNiro waiting list etc

ID3 1st edition for €40,000 has obviously not captured consumers attention the way Tesla Model 3, Porsche has

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Anyone here know if I pre-order the ID3 today when should I expect to actually get one?

• Advertisement

You can't compare it to an old ICE Golf

Format has changed, reservations for EV's is a thing now, from Peugeot to Tesla they all doing it, demand is there, look at eNiro waiting list etc

ID3 1st edition for €40,000 has obviously not captured consumers attention the way Tesla Model 3, Porsche has

Tesla got loads of reservations which people then cancelled loads of them.....also getting put onto a list for a 35k car which never became available

It was pointless exercise anyway because someone who waited for 2-3years bought it, showed it around office but John could walk in the next day and buy one:P

Demand is high for eNiro when you only have 50 available for the whole of Ireland.....

I doubt VW are too concerned about reservations when all we have is a couple of snaps of it doing test drives and nothing of the inside yet....no idea of spec or anything......

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭CFC007

I would say around May 2020. We’ll know more in 2 weeks time after the reveal.
    IrishHomer wrote: »
    Anyone here know if I pre-order the ID3 today when should I expect to actually get one?

Tesla got loads of reservations which people then cancelled loads of them.....also getting put onto a list for a 35k car which never became available

It was pointless exercise anyway because someone who waited for 2-3years bought it, showed it around office but John could walk in the next day and buy one:P

Demand is high for eNiro when you only have 50 available for the whole of Ireland...

I doubt VW are too concerned about reservations when all we have is a couple of snaps of it doing test drives and nothing of the inside yet....no idea of spec or anything......

True

Doubt they care, probably pleased even with lack of demand, they'd prefer sell something with an engine

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Taycan is guiding a good bit lower than that actually.... $90K in the US is a published figure I believe... which is $5K or so above the model S price.

OTOH Porsches in ireland have historically had massive gouging on top of UK prices with no justification at all, so who knows what will happen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

catharsis wrote: »
    Porsches in ireland have historically had massive gouging on top of UK prices with no justification at all
    VRT?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Pretty sure you well know it was a $35k car, never a €35k car, and it was widely available in the US as posted here many times before, my work colleague has one and it was zero hassle in getting it.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Taycan is guiding a good bit lower than that actually.... $90K in the US is a published figure I believe... which is $5K or so above the model S price.

OTOH Porsches in ireland have historically had massive gouging on top of UK prices with no justification at all, so who knows what will happen here.

Apologies slightly off topic but if you reserve today - when would your Taycan be expected to arrive?

slave1 wrote: »
    Pretty sure you well know it was a $35k car, never a €35k car, and it was widely available in the US as posted here many times before, my work colleague has one and it was zero hassle in getting it.

Widely?

Anything I find says it was pulled very quickly after launch and is not available anymore....

Maybe I am wrong?

I was “hypothetically” planning a route for my driving today to see where I would need to charge and when looking through the settings to pick the e-golf there’s now 3 options for the ID3?

Does ABRP know something I haven’t heard yet?

49kWh, 58kWh and 77kWh versions of the ID3??

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Jealous of your destination charlie ;)

I see price in Norway of NOK 330,000 ($36,000), not sure if post/pre grants.
    (https://www.teslarati.com/vw-id3-price-range-charging-speed-details/)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I was “hypothetically” planning a route for my driving today to see where I would need to charge and when looking through the settings to pick the e-golf there’s now 3 options for the ID3?

Does ABRP know something I haven’t heard yet?

49kWh, 58kWh and 77kWh versions of the ID3??

I'm pretty sure that was always the case. The 1st is going to be the 58kWh. The 49 and 77s will be available on the cars coming through the normal order process. As will the full range of spec options: AI satnav and glass roof included.

The chassis will come with the option of up to 111kWh for the bigger bodies, like the Buzz for example.

hatrack wrote: »
    Apologies slightly off topic but if you reserve today - when would your Taycan be expected to arrive?

You cannot reserve one in Ireland or the UK - they are not taking any reservations I understand.

I would worry about RHD markets - but I guess we will get a real answer once it launches at the Frankfurt show next month

Jealous of your destination charlie ;)

I see price in Norway of NOK 330,000 ($36,000), not sure if post/pre grants.
    (https://www.teslarati.com/vw-id3-price-range-charging-speed-details/)

Some spot, my second time to play it. Very tough though.

Saw 128kW for mid range in a screenshot

Table-FINAL.png

just to note that the VW site no longer says Q1 for 1st edition deliveries but now states Summer 2020 for 1st edition deliveries, I see this as at least a 3 month delay to previously published timelines.

just to note that the VW site no longer says Q1 for 1st edition deliveries but now states Summer 2020 for 1st edition deliveries, I see this as at least a 3 month delay to previously published timelines.

Right job

Longer they wait more time for competition to eat away at them

Honestly that 45kWh ID for €30,000 ( looking like 2021) looks really unattractive

A bloody supermini Zoe has 52kWh this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

But wasnt it always a Summer 2020 car for Ireland? That was what I thought anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

KCross wrote: »
    But wasnt it always a Summer 2020 car for Ireland? That was what I thought anyway.

I was originally quoted April... then that drifted out to June. That's when I decided not to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

These VW ID were being heavily advertised in the cinema last night.

Think I counted 3 different ads spread out before the film started.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

NIMAN wrote: »
    These VW ID were being heavily advertised in the cinema last night.

Think I counted 3 different ads spread out before the film started.

A lot of advertising wayyy in advance, TV as well.
    Definitely a strategy to get people to wait rather than committing to another brand.

When in september is it being officially launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

charlieIRL wrote: »
    When in september is it being officially launched?

Frankfurt motor show and its the official reveal only so not exactly a launch as you still cant buy it.

Production to begin in 2020 so you may not even see Irish pricing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

Seen a video where the guy is showing how you can have a towbar on the ID.3. I believe it's not for actually towing anything - but to be used for a bicycle carrier etc. Being able to attach a towbar bicycle carrier is high up on my list of things to consider. I hope it's an option that's available on the trim level for Ireland.

Looks like it has the power outlet too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=489356&stc=1&d=1567017082

This is the link to the video. Towbar is at about the 8 minute mark. No idea what the chap is saying though.

https://www.elbil24.no/tester/alt-om-den-forste-elektriske-virkelige-folkevogna-id3/71373857

• Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Will the long range model be under the magical €50k mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Will the long range model be under the magical €50k mark?

For the base trim level? If we reckon that the 48kWh (45kWh usable) in base level will start here at €30k, the 62kWh (58 kWh usable) in first edition here at €40k, then surely the base 82kWh (77kWh usable) must be well under the €50k mark, I'd say more like €45k

The extra battery capacity costing at say €200/kWh so 34 * 200 = just 7 grand. Add on some taxes and extra profit margin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sweet, I can even go up a trim level or two. All I need now is the BIK laws to remain unchanged.

Advertisement