Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There is a caveat though. Many people on this forum, myself included, have guesstimated Irish prices of up and coming EVs too low this year. There is a far bigger demand for EVs than there is supply and that won't change next year, or any time soon. So car makers can get away with asking very high prices for these cars

A notable example is the Hyundai Kona, a small basic enough spec crossover. In its cheapest petrol from it's something like €21k, but with the long range battery it's €39k (after €10k subsidy)!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The estimate of first addition at €40k ,I'm guessing that's after subsidies?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭timmaii

At some stage we'd like to go down to one EV family car but I wouldn't consider anything that can't carry bikes. Delighted to see Tesla and now VW including "tow" bars.
    coward wrote: »
    Seen a video where the guy is showing how you can have a towbar on the ID.3. I believe it's not for actually towing anything - but to be used for a bicycle carrier etc. Being able to attach a towbar bicycle carrier is high up on my list of things to consider. I hope it's an option that's available on the trim level for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Do we know if the car has a frunk? I seen the guy in the video open it, but my Norwegian isn't great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Have the 1st edition booking since day dot but im going to drop out for an egolf

Happy about trading up to a good spec egolf for the same running costs as what i have, disapointed missing out on the id3, think it will be savage but just not for me in the end considering my yearly trip of 43k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Saw an add there from VW saying "tried of waiting for an ID, get an eGolf now on 2 year PCP and be ready to for ID then" or something along those lines.

Mustn't be expecting any IDs anytime soon so!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Dempsey wrote: »
    Have the 1st edition booking since day dot but im going to drop out for an egolf

Happy about trading up to a good spec egolf for the same running costs as what i have, disapointed missing out on the id3, think it will be savage but just not for me in the end considering my yearly trip of 43k

Hope your getting a big discount

é-Golf price down €4000 in Germany and UK

I'd be ringing dealer

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Saw an add there from VW saying "tried of waiting for an ID, get an eGolf now on 2 year PCP and be ready to for ID then" or something along those lines.

They need to sell a few for emissions

Sales cant tank and competitors coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

BigAl81 wrote: »

eGolf is exceptional car

The range on the Gen 2 is more than most people would want.

In reality for a lot of people they will buy from vw dealer and the ID will probably be 2021 before they are in big supply

Would you be mad to buy a 192 eGolf.....I don’t think so :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Hope your getting a big discount

é-Golf price down €4000 in Germany and UK

I'd be ringing dealer

Won’t get a cent off here in Ireland. Believe me, I’ve tried!!

They dropped £2700 off New in UKl.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    eGolf is exceptional car

The range on the Gen 2 is more than most people would want.

In reality for a lot of people they will buy from vw dealer and the ID will probably be 2021 before they are in big supply

Would you be mad to buy a 192 eGolf.....I don’t think so :-)

What would you guess an 192 eGolf will be worth in a private sale after say three years, i.e. in late 2022?

Lumen wrote: »
    What would you guess an 192 eGolf will be worth in a private sale after say three years, i.e. in late 2022?

According to PCP Calculator the GMFV is €13000

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Won’t get a cent off here in Ireland. Believe me, I’ve tried!!

They dropped £2700 off New in UKl.

Be off your head to buy then

At sub €30,000 it's a good EV brand new, even considering whats coming from other manufacturers soon

Easy to get a 191 eGolf from the UK for under €25,000 all in

How much did they want off you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Shefwedfan wrote:
    eGolf is exceptional car

Yep, agree, was more commenting on the ID release date, not disparaging the eGolf ;)

At sub €30,000 it's a good EV brand new, even considering whats coming from other manufacturers soon

Not a chance of getting a new one here for €30k! Believe me I’ve been trying, even a 191 from the UK is near €30 home.

I’ve the figures left st work but thing a standard one was €38 and the Executive was €43 after grants.

A 151 eGolf is selling for 18k private and more via a garage so that's a decent guide......

Where is a 191 eGolf selling for 25K?

A 171 which had the new battery and similar spec to the Gen 1 sold for 27k+ earlier this year.

A 151 eGolf is selling for 18k private and more via a garage so that's a decent guide......

Hmmm. Past performance is no guide to future performance.

In two years it should be possible to buy a decent 50kWh EV out of a showroom for under €30K.

I can't see eGolf prices holding up well.

In two years it should be possible to buy a decent 50kWh EV out of a showroom for under €30K.

Well if you don't want to use past performance why are you asking the question?

What else can we use?

• Advertisement

Well if you don't want to use past performance why are you asking the question?

What else can we use?

Reasoning? :D

Future depreciation depends on availability of competing product (and supply/demand) in the future.

The feature set and "performance" of ICE cars is fairly stable, every refresh you get fractionally better screens, softer plastics, more USB ports.

That is not the case with EVs.

Your estimate of 27k after 2 years (if that's what you're saying) seems brave given that it'll be possible to buy a brand new car with twice the usable battery for only a couple of thousand more.

So I wouldn't be surprised if an eGolf at 38k or whatever lost 20k of that value in the first two years.

But then so will a Model 3, probably, and you can't actually buy one of those.

So, meh.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Not a chance of getting a new one here for €30k! Believe me I’ve been trying, even a 191 from the UK is near €30 home.

I’ve the figures left st work but thing a standard one was €38 and the Executive was €43 after grants.

I've seen way under €30k

Only €250 to vrt this one

Under €25k all in with a small bit of haggling

Some car for that

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903286376246?advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2019&postcode=m52ty&sort=price-asc&page=1&price-from=500&make=VOLKSWAGEN&fuel-type=Electric&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used

They falling in UK already

Class car imo, miles better than Leaf/Ioniq etc

Normally hate in VW but it drives so well and perfect inside

Leaf and Ioniq feel cheaply made in comparison, especially Ioniq, which I found noisy too

No VRT as the OMSP of a second hand eGolf is below €35k. Even if they'd charge you, I'd say you can successfully fight that

Asking GBP22,990. Also you won't get much money off as it's from a dealer. But let's say you got it for GBP22,800

With the great sterling rate and using the likes of revolut, that would be €25,200. Plus flight, ferry, expenses, number plates. If you do really well you can land that on Irish plates for €25,400 - brilliant value for money EV for that sort of money

And there are not "loads of them" at that price, only this particular one. The next one up is GBP500 more expensive

Reasoning? :D

Future depreciation depends on availability of competing product (and supply/demand) in the future.

The feature set and "performance" of ICE cars is fairly stable, every refresh you get fractionally better screens, softer plastics, more USB ports.

That is not the case with EVs.

Your estimate of 27k after 2 years (if that's what you're saying) seems brave given that it'll be possible to buy a brand new car with twice the usable battery for only a couple of thousand more.

So I wouldn't be surprised if an eGolf at 38k or whatever lost 20k of that value in the first two years.

But then so will a Model 3, probably, and you can't actually buy one of those.

So, meh.

Not an estimate. A 171 eGolf was sold by Electric autos for around 27k earlier this year.....

I sold my 151 for 18k a few months back.

Didn't realise you finally sold it! That was a very good price you got! What car you got now?

Not an estimate. A 171 eGolf was sold by Electric autos for around 27k earlier this year.....
    I understand that, but my question was about future value. Do I need to use more italics? :pac:

Frank Keane sold their 182 one for €27,995 this week. Reduced from €32,995

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Didn't realise you finally sold it! That was a very good price you got! What car you got now?

Guess :p

Advertisement