Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Last Thursday they said they will start the roll out in the coming days. They had a delay of some kind. So, hopefully this week we will start to see some OTA happening.

This is the latest from VW...

"Dear First Movers,

Thank you for registering yourselves for the first over the air update ID.Software2.3. 

Many of you have answered within the first day so we have collected the first ones for the initial wave. The "cut" for the second wave was Tuesday. We will continue to collect further registrations - so keep it coming!

So what are the next steps? 

After you clicked on "Agree" your vehicle is registered for the first update.

We will deploy the update within the next few days starting with the first group. Our engineers are working to ensure this for all customers in participating countries which took a bit longer than planned. We will inform you directly at the start of deployment in our backend.

Once deployed, your ID. will receive the download as soon as it requests a check for available software downloads in the backend, which regularly will be performed once a week by your ID. 

Your Volkswagen ID. Team"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Does the infotainment system display all the charger network in Ireland ? Like ESB/Ionity etc is it actually reliable for finding your next charge in a rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Comer1

Santiago wheels. 7.5jx18, 5x112, 57.1 cb and 45 offset. I got them from a guy in Tullamore through Adverts. He ships for free but I drove up to him and he fitted them with the tyres from my car for €60 extra. I liked the fact that he supply's them with the VW caps.

https://touch.adverts.ie/alloys-wheels/16-santiago-alloy-wheels-vw-audi-seat-skoda-5x112/16060112

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

These are the menu options related to HUD that should be available to you under the Vehicle option on Main Menu. If you’re not seeing this you should give your dealer a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Yep, doing it at the moment.my dealer looked into it, contacted SSE Airtricity. SSE Airtricity then gave me a call, explained the day and night rates and deals on offer, was pretty comparable to my Energia prices which are due to be increased again later in the year.

On the credit,I think it is a climate credit that SSE Airtricity get,but pass it on to customer, usually within two weeks after the two week change of mind period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Patch123

Thanks zx80, thats the same menu as my neighbour's, ours on the otherhand just has the attached. Again, nothing is displayed -there is no hud apparent when its switched on from the menu and brightness control therefore does nothing. I wonder does this menu appear on all id3s even when no hud is fitted... looks like we need to contact the dealer alright

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

I can’t say whether all models without HUD would have similar interface to yours. You have checked that your other features are in line with Tech specifications? For example, you should have rear speakers, Travel Assist (in addition to ACC), 204HP motor and single, as opposed to dual, Climatronic A/C. As models are not labelled/badged Life, Family, Style, Tech etc. it’s not immediately obvious you got the model you ordered! Just something to consider...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭fits

Video from production line. Makes you appreciate the engineering of the cars.

https://youtu.be/qEgDowDxFd0

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Can someone confirm whether the charging socket on the car is on the driver's side on UK/Ireland models?

Yes it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

That's a pity. I guess they carried it over from the LHD models. For kerbside chargers, it's on the wrong side.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can park your car with the drivers door on the kerbside 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think VW have the fuel filler/ charging door on Right side on all their vehicles, suits me fine. Less walking around car to plug in🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

How did you register for this as i've not received anything?

Most first movers seem to have received an EMail (As I have) on 9th July on their VW registered email address. Check it hasn't gone into spam or whatever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

A fox ran straight out in front me me last night while i was travelling on a main road - had absolutely no change of avoiding the poor lad. :(

Unfortunately, he made bit of my front grille in the bumper. At least that can be repaired not like the fox. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭adunis

Front assist didn't do much then ,

Or was it turned off ?

Very interested to know cos that's a regular occurrence for me.....but with deer.

Just checked and nothing - Can you remember if you needed to register or was it down to the dealer back when i got the car to sign you up? i got the other first mover incentives..

Front assist only works when you're going slow doesn't it?

• Advertisement

Dunno didn't get to read the book yet.........if it's a collision avoidance set up it should slam on the anchors at any speed.........a lã ioniq

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I never turn off any of the assist items so was on, not sure it works for animals though - definitely works when a vehicle or a bicycle in front of you slows or stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

In fairness with the speed that animals dart out of the verge I'd say there isn't a car on the road that would save them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Can you access the car from your mobile We Connect ID app? If you have that it means you have registered and would be eligible as you are an ID.3 first mover.

The next steps were listed earlier in this thread... you have to send an email to a specific address with a specific subject to register for early access to the OTA update. They then send you an email back with an "Agree" button that you have to click and then its just a case of waiting your turn for the update to be pushed to your car and the car picking it up.

The actual rollout hasnt started yet so you havent missed anything yet!

Found the link to EMail that was on the First Movers Facebook page:

Dear First Movers,

We are happy to announce, that from this summer, we will regularly send software updates “Over-the-Air” to models in the ID. family.

The Over-the-Air Update “ID.Software2.3” is already in the starting blocks. As a First Mover, you have the possibility to become one of the first to receive this Software Update “Over-the-Air” for your ID.

If you want to be part, then write us an e-mail with the subject

"I want OTA" to id@volkswagen.de.

Important: the e-mail must necessarily be sent from the e-mail address that you have stored in your Volkswagen ID.

The update is provided in two parts and includes, among other things, the following new features:

Improved usability and design customizations in the Infotainment System.

New features in the ID. Light.

Optimized ambient detection and improvement of the advanced main-beam control Dynamic Light Assist (provided that the vehicle is equipped with it).

And further improvements in terms of performance and stability.

Before the start of the update, we will provide you with more information.

Important notes:

Prerequisite for the Over-the-Air update is a completed installation of the ID.Software2.1 as well as an active We Connect Start contract.

For the duration of the first update, i.e. from the start of the download to the completion of the installation, the camera-based driver assistance systems will not be available for the sake of safety. This is recognizable by warnings and symbols in the ID. display, for instance, similar to a camera covered by snow. The driving safety of your ID. is therefore maintained. After successful installation of the software update, the range of functions of the driver assistance systems will be available again and optimized.

Your e-mail address will be passed on internally within Volkswagen AG, which is necessary for the rollout of the update campaigns. You will then receive an automatically generated e-mail from We Connect in which you can agree to register your vehicle for receiving the Over-the-Air Update.

Please check the inbox of the e-mail address you have stored in your Volkswagen ID regularly. We look forward to your feedback. Thanks for joining us!

Your Volkswagen ID. Team

Waiting for an update on my car here... Feel like Im never going to get it! (the update, or the car)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Likewise, just about to shoot off another message myself.

• Advertisement

Perfect -thanks and thanks to @KCross - sent the email in the instruction as not on facebook so never see these messages - boards is the hight of my social media presence..

Advertisement