Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He's full of it I'd say. It has recently changed, the basic service plan is now included (because they added the price to the OTR charge) but you can upgrade to the L for €350 or something.

But not a hope in hell it was ever €1400.

That said, if you're likely to need a set of tyres during the life of the service plan it's very good value to have the L.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Is it just one service after 2 years included in the plan, or what’s the service schedule?

Schedule is every 2 years I think, so the pack includes your first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Cool thanks. So presuming a new set of tyres cost around 500€ there’s definitely value in the L plan.

Definitely. I do plenty of miles and I don't hold back on the accelerator so I'll easily go through 2 sets in my 3 years of PCP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,963 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm heading to Dundrum tomorrow from Wexford and just wondering if the destination chargers are well signposted in the shopping centre? I can't say I ever noticed them before but I was driving my Golf then so I wasn't looking for them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It was always ~€600 for the L service plan.

As stated before, if you will use a set of tyres within the timeframe its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

eCars chargers are on the entrance floor but if you go down 1 level the Pod Point chargers are there. They're free and usually a plug & play job. Easier to intall the app first though because occasionally you'll be prompted for it. Both charge banks are in the same place on the 2 floors ie, as you exit the mall to the car park they're on your left

I have free credit on my VW card as a first mover so don't mind using the eCars one.

Its either top up there when I'm in the centre or hit Ionity on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

6 month update on my ID3 Tech...

Have put 17k on it already.

I've loved 2 cars in my lifetime. My Vauxhall Nova SR during my boy racer days back in Scotland, and this ID3.

I imagine for most people your first electric car just has an identity that you can't help loving.

• Advertisement

For those who got an ID3 recently, does it have the decals on the rear pillar?

I thought it was only on 1st edition but apparently its an option on later cars too, although a slightly different pattern.

I think it's crap looking and just want to make sure I don't get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭fits

You’d have to have selected the copper or silver styling pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭adunis

Thoughts re service plan,good very good value for money,IF you get a set of tyres rather than 4 linglong/landsail/el cheepo muck.as a reference point Goodyear efficient grip perf is 139 from ooeneo.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

thanks Phil, I thought as much but wasn’t certain, I knew it was value if you needed new tyres after 2 years but honestly couldn’t remember if it was ever that price.

I put 12k on my eGolf in the space of 14 months & 4K on the ID3 since May but not sure if I’d need new tyres after 2 years tbh.

Here is the charging curve of the base model 45kWh model with 50kw charger:

It is not particularly impressive taking 60 minutes to fill to 100% and it begins to throttle above 70% but it is still effective for travelling distances. 100kw is the first option I'd be buying on a base model ID.3 before paint or alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Are they selling that model in Ireland? I thought they are only selling the 58kwh +

45kwh is available for sale in UK so I don't see why it won't come to Ireland.

Just home now with 27% from Dundrum. A round trip of 234KM. Drove to the speed limits where possible but there was a strech of motorway from Dundrum to the Bray exit on the way home where I was stuck at around 30KM which reduced my average speed on the way home.

Very happy with the consumption considering a good portion of the journey is motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Seen a few non first editions that didn't have the decal, I think it's with the style pack or something

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Stupid question guys, sorry, but; by or before the end of the service plan, can you demand a new set of tyres or is it up to the service centre to say if your tyres are knackered enough to warrant new ones? I guess it's likely you'll need them by the end of the plan anyway, but just making sure that you can get the new tyres regardless of your current tyres' condition..? Thanks!

• Advertisement

It's a point worth checking with the dealership but since the service plan includes the tyres either way then my guess is that they'll replace them at the end of the 3 years regardless of wear, assuming they weren't replaced before that

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Anybody get the OTA 2.3 update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

No sign of anything happening yet, I registered for the update early, like many.

Hopefully Ireland will be looked after soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Haven't checked with the dealer, but I would have thought that after 3 years and a low total mileage of say 30K and your tyres are still legal, that they will say tough and will not replace..

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ACAandCTA

The wording is very vague,mentions about 'should they be needed'.

I asked the dealer about this at the time,and he said that he has to go by what it says in the text and agreed it was a bit vague.... Wouldn't commit to giving me the new tyres for definite within the 3 years.

I've read in this thread that some people were only getting 13k km out of their Bridgestone tyres, so presumably they will be needed within the 3 years though for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Thanks guys. Yes, my dealer was non-committal on this also, just saying they would be covered "if needed". While the cost of the plan is good if the tyres were somehow "guaranteed", the concern is there if the plan ends and they deem your existing tyres "good enough". Anyways, let's see, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but that cupra equivalent of the ID3 is pretty nice

I agree, since you're paying for a set of new tyres you'd be pretty annoyed if you didn't get a set of them

Personally I'd be spending year 3 trying to wreck the tyres to make sure I'd get a new set

• Advertisement

Handing over my i3 tomorrow, picking up a 2009 Focus as a loaner, yay.

Still radio silence from VW on production progress.

Advertisement