Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Top 3 likes about id.3 so far:

Drivability - it just feels right in terms of stability, power, comfort and ride.

Wireless CarPlay - you wouldn’t think having to plug a cable in is a big deal, but when the phone’s in your pocket...

Range - charging once every ten days or so is decadent compared to every day/second day with our hybrid.

Top 3 dislikes about id.3 so far:

Hard plastic surfaces - they scuff too easily.

Absence of physical dials - would love dials to adjust temperature and volume rather than touch strips.

Better App - can’t remotely lock/unlock car, can’t locate car, can’t flash lights etc. Hopefully will come in time.

My model is Tech spec. but I’ve tried to keep my top 3’s to those that apply to all Models/specs.

What would yours be?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭fits

I know a few on here have got one from stock but has anyone on here recently received one built on order?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

hi all, buying for my wife and I think I am going to take a Tech model from stock as the family model isnt available in any colour my wife likes.

Can anyone tell me if the "sound proof window" makes the car any quieter in practice ????

one dealer told me they cant sell the Tech as people dont see the value in the extras over the family.

personally, being quieter and having HUD are big + for me

thanks

Mad stuff, I wonder could I get that tour 5 ? lol

Ah I'm not that annoyed really, unlike your really frustrating situation mine can't be helped and I'm not alone, every car, electronic device is effected, unreal times we're living through.

Would you not settle for a tour 5 ?

Seems like I'll never get mine but I'm not the only one and I can't blame dealers or Volkswagen just a mad mad time on this Earth!

I think we are ok as long as we have car by September - but I’m beginning to even doubt that now! It’s good in a way to eke out as long as possible from our 15 year old car that’s taxed until September. 950 to tax it so don’t want to again even for three months.

• Advertisement

The MV Patara has been docked in Emden for three days. It was scheduled to head for Dublin but seems to be going direct to Setubal in Portugal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Early May. I think it was 9 May when it was agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

I test drove a Family and took delivery of a Tech about 3 weeks later, so it’s hard for me to say if the Tech’s windscreen makes it any quieter, but it is a very quiet car. The HUD works better than I had imagined and is visible even in bright sunlight - would certainly miss it now that I’ve gotten used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Has anyone experienced issues on the newer ecars 50kw chargers? I have tried two in separate locations, Birr and Clifden, where charge failed to start. The slow charger on the same units was fine. ESB did a remote reboot but made no difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had a similar issue with the one near me a few times. It's worked the last three times for me now so not sure what the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭rx8

I looked at the price list posted earlier, and I think it's really sneaky that delivery charges etc. are gone to €1300....

" 5 All prices (Retail, Delivery and ROTR) are recommended by Volkswagen Ireland and are inclusive of VAT. €1,300 includes optional ‘S Pack’ ID. Service Plan which can be removed upon request. ’S Pack’ ID. Service Plan includes one service, with pollen filter and brake fluid replacement"

Most buyers who are going PCP or ID PLAN, will be handing the car back in 3 years, so probably wouldn't need a pollen filter or brake fluid replacement. They should also quote the price without the "S Pack".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Are there Tech models in stock?

Bear in mind that from what I can see the Tech has improved in spec for MY22 but the price has gone down by a few grand.

I'm half considering one myself but I suspect that the buggers will have MY21 stock and only sell them at MY21 prices.

Friend of mine has already put his name on the Tour 5 lol.

I wouldn't settle for the Tour 5. The HUD and ergo seats are a must for me. The fact that the MY22 car now comes with Area View is a bonus.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll have to wait for the VW. I've spent the morning considering the Niro (tempting as I've come close to buying before, plus they're in stock). Also looked at the updated Kona and as usual spent a few minutes drooling at the Tesla Model 3 LR before looking at the price and lack of PCP and catching myself on.

I much prefer a RWD car. I hate that the Niro spec is butchered compared to the UK. And for some bizarre reason it's the opposite on the ID3. Our spec is in some instances actually better than the UK.

So I've made a few enquiries this morning about a cheap petrol runaround. If it ends up September or October for my delivery, so be it. I'll have to figure it out. Buy an old banger for about €500 and sell it for close to that in a few months.

Might even find a mechanic friend who could get me something with 4 wheels and an engine to keep me running.

I'll be out petrol money and will no doubt lose a few quid on the trade but I'm low on options. No sense in settling for second or third choice for such a big decision as a brand new €40k purchase.

If it ends up pushed back to next year though and VW pull the 0% there'll be serious weeping and wailing done lol.

You should still get 0% if order placed already though. They can put through finance application now.

see what the news is on our cars next week. I’m sort of wondering if summer factory shutdowns are affecting production as well.

Yes, he has 2. Seems to be there is a load of Style ones about, I suspect the Tech wasnt a big seller as it hasnt much more kit than the family for considerably more, however I am delighted to get the HUD anyway.

How do I know if I am getting a MY21 or MY22 btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

It's all down to the build week. If the build week is before 25, (June 21-27) it'll be MY21. If 25 or after it'll be MY22.

and whats the difference in the spec ? From what i can work out I am being charged the same as the configurator ( I dont know if that includes the normal dealer charges )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Excellent, I can knock off another €18 a month. Hadn’t noticed that. €648 for a pollen filter and brake fluid is a bit OTT.

https://youtu.be/2LdIxAwAcA4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

At motoway speed my range is about 300 km on a decent dry day.

The MY22 has surround cameras rather than just reverse. More importantly its about €39k rather than €41k.

Production week 25 was mid June so I'd be surprised if there are many MY22 cars in the country at this point.

The €648 service pack also includes a set of tyres which makes it very good value IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

As you suggest that "S Pack" service plan is not worth it and you should request it be removed.

I suspect this is going to be the future for dealers. They know their service departments are going to suffer as EV's become the norm so they are going to try to flog worthless service plans and it is somewhat sneaky to have it buried in small print as part of the "delivery charges".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The plan also includes the following maintenance components should they require replacement across the duration of your contract: front brake pads, front and rear wiper blades and one set of four tyres.

the key word there is should !!! How often are EV drivers replacing tyres????

are you willing to pay that much on the off chance you need tyres ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

Wow thanks, @KCross mentioned the good range too. I am looking to do about 280-300km over a week, with 240k of that being motorway/dual carriage (120/100kph), the rest being <10k trips in around Limerick/Galway city. Based on what im reading I might even get away with a week between charges ? I know I have asked the same question a million times, just super nervous but also not willing to pay for a new ICE.

Was half thinking of moving to 77kwhr, but probably would be massive overkill. Am about to place an order for a Family 58Kwhr next week for a 221

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The "L Service plan" is worth it if you are sure you will need tyres within the timeframe. That's entirely dependent on your mileage so you have to make an informed decision for yourself on that.

As a good reference point, the tyres on my ID.3 (Bridgestones) have melted off it.... I think Im at about 13k km and they are almost ready to be replaced, all 4 of them (I have rotated them)! I know others, with the Goodyear's, are doing much better than me so maybe its just the compound in the Bridgestones.

Anyway, I have the L service plan and plan to hit them for the tyres in a few weeks time, so I'll see how that goes.

I did ask them before hand what they would put on the car and they were adamant it would be a premium tyre and not some ditch finders. I'll let ye know how I go. 4 tyres fitted to an ID.3 are going to be in the order of €600 so the extra €48 for the subsequent service items is excellent, imo.

I go through a set of tyres every year to 18 months. 25k km a year and driven like I stole it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 keimer77

I ordered a Tech model back in early May and was told that it is due for production in week 27 which is in MY22. Does this mean that I am entitled to the new lower price given that it is a MY22?

• Advertisement

Call your dealer and ask. I don't see why not. They're selling a different spec car than the one you ordered.

You can bet your ass if the price had increased they'd have been looking for you to pay the extra.

Advertisement