Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I'd imagine you will get that no problem on a single charge from 100%. We do Dublin to Galway regularly and would have no problem getting getting another 100 km or more after around Galway city and surronding countryside. Moved from an i40 estate as family car to ID3 with 2 kids under 7 with no issues. The odd time more range would be handy but once have home charging so can charge to 100% when setting out it is fine with a tiny bit of extra planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 keimer77

It did increase in early June and I was told in advance of this increase however not heard of the decrease. I've contacted the dealer by email, awaiting a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Everyone will obviously get different range based on their driving style and the roads they are using. But there is zero chance I would get 300km range if 240km of it was at motorway speeds. Although you didn't say how much of the 240 was at 100 or 120.

But from reading through here I am getting less range than the majority. So possibly the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hey,

It's Galway - Limerick, so its 50-80km each way, so 100-160km on my intendted commute of 120km/hr speeds, after that 100km/hr max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

my commute is about 25km each way - M1, M50, N2 - so mostly motorway. I’m driving it for fun rather than economy with the AC on all the time. I’m getting about 16kwh / 100km - so about 350km on a full charge I’d guess.

• Advertisement

Ioniq 5 ? I saw one the other day, smaller than I expected to be honest, didn't look a lot larger than a Kona but I only saw it for maybe 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Comer1

I was asked earlier in this thread

to put up pictures of my Life model once I'd had alloys fitted and tint done.

Having come from 25 years of Civics and Accords, this is my favourite of those cars to drive. Plenty of tech and gadgets for me, not a bit disappointed I went for the Life once I got rid of those awful steel wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

right - that might be why I got so much more for my trade. still works out cheaper than the family I wanted ( and couldnt get ) and a better spec. Mine is working out at just about 1k more than the current configurator which I am sure is my22. the extra 1k I put down to dealer add ons extra. Is there a way to check the exact difference in spec ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Wheels look great.. I have a Base 1st and more than happy with the spec, most of the important stuff is there

• Advertisement

sorry for the clunky posts - there is an 800 difference, and Area view is the only difference in spec. I'm still happy with what I am getting.

It's quite a big car, check the dimensions. Wheelbase is very long so should be roomy.

Doesn't look very tall though, so wont look so big..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Anyone else having an issue with the app? Won't update battery percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Go for the niro. You won't be upset. I have the e-soul(same drive train and battery) and it's a fabulous car to drive. Only gripe is the front wheel drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭fits

The e-soul is a better car than the Niro I think. It really put a grin on my face anyway. Only for the boot…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Nah, no sense in settling when you're looking at a €40k purchase of a new car.

I'll just have to suck it up and wait for the Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭handpref

Hi Comer1, how would you rate the reflector type LED headlights on the Life model ?

I test drove a Style and it had the nice matrix set up, savage at night- however it was throwing faults on the left light.

We do a lot of night driving and the standard Life LED set up has to be up to it. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Comer1

With the days being so long, I haven't driven the car at night yet. I had the same type of lights on my last car and thought they were great but having never been in a car with matrix lights, I can't make a comparison.

I have the standard LEDs. They are good, the auto dip/full beam works well, better than other cars I have driven with the same system.

Have also driven the higher spec with the Matrix lights, which are better than the standard lights but not a huge amount. I personally prefer a good Xenon light which my second last car had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭rx8

I have the matrix headlights and coming from standard lights they're absolutely fantastic. Such a good system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’m moving from h7 lamps. So has to be better

hi all, can someone tell me if the left and right heating controls exist whether or not the car has dual climate control ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

I think that is only on the 'Family' version onwards, it's not on the Life - check the brochure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Has anyone availed of the Airtricity deal? My dealer didn’t know anything about it

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/sse-aitricity.html

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Patch123

Hi all, picked up an id3 tech yesterday. Its my21 so it does without the dual climate of the family, but has all the assist stuff, which is very impressive.

However, we cant get the Hud to work at all. Its in the settings, and the unit is there on the dash. But compared to a neighbours id3, which has it working, the menu for the hud in the settings is much shorter, with only on/off and brightness.

Im hoping it's a simple fix but am fearing soemthing more serious. Any ideas anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

What wheels are they and how much did they set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Can’t check at the moment but I know my HUD options in the menu allow me to position the HUD up, down and it’s level. Will check in morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Also not on MY21 Tech spec. And I don’t think it’s on Business or MY22 Executive specs either.

From my experience with the Tech, the cockpit is relatively small so I’m not sure how effective dual zone control would be. No issues for me in hot weather with single zone for me and partner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭adunis

Okay bear with me here........

Ordered a white 200brake life FROM STOCK the bones of a month ago said I may as well wait for 212 not that it will make a jot of difference down the road. July 1st both white cars in stock sold......one of them NOT to me I add.Okay I'll have a silver one then,it was in Dublin and missed the transporter twicet,turned up on the 8th in fairness was prepared registered the whole shooting match the following day.......except it was a 150bhp car.....

14th July a silver 200 bhp car turns up miraculously at the dealer got it the following day.

Given its an older build I've got powerfold mirrors which I believe aren't on the newer build there's probably few other bits also.

Anyhoo love the car overall very early doors indications so far are 400km in this weather normal driving limited motorway use thus far compares to 190km same useage pattern as ioniq.

Don't miss the reversing camera,it dips the passenger mirror in reverse.Dont miss the keyless entry,never used dual zone in any car I've owned.I actually prefer the poor man trim cloth....no alloys,no rest arm rest,NO REAR SPEAKERS well that's just miserable innit ?

No issues with infotainment/haptic controls.barr it won't import my phone contacts......so I'm using android auto wireless so zero Biggie.

ACC dropped out briefly already,was extremely foggy mind may not have helped.

Now the big issue headlights are fine range/distance/clarity wise but pretty crap for right angled rural booreen junctions they are very narrowly focused,there's a reason why the matrix lights steer.....

Cannot register for the we charge thingy,my understanding is I need this for the reduced ionity fees ?,am I mistaken?

I'm off out to remove all the dealer branding and hardwire my dashcam now.

Updates will follow.....

Advertisement