Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyway to turn off the LiDar?

It causes me more anxiety than anything else, I drive a lot of secondary roads where the left side is only the width of the car, and the assistance might kick in every few minutes when it picks up a white line and turns the wheel in the opposite direction.

have been turned into the ditch a few times already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

You can turn off lane assist, but it comes back on by default the next time you start the car. No way to permanently disable it, and I'd say if you took a hammer to it you'd not only void warranty, you'd also be on thin ice with insurance as it's safety feature after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The OTA updates have started. Some folks reported the process has started. Its 6GB so I think we should start seeing some feedback shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The "My vehicles" section of the VW website has now updated on my order.

Now confirms the colour and motor size as well as the MY version. This is a side by side before and after.

Also finally has the spec list, which confirms that the new version of the Tour now has Area View AND the HUD.

I doubt that has any bearing on how soon it will come but who knows. A dealer in England posted this letter which has been going to customers there and indicates that they hope to see improvements later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

so the dealer came back to day and said they made a mistake and I cannot have the Tech on the 0% and tried to get me to accept a style instead. They seem to have no obligation to honor their quote at all ? or at least VW bank isnt having it ( which I guess I can understand )

through my own investigations I sourced another car with a good spec which should be elligible for the 0%, but that dealer are giving me a crap deal on mine. I have asked the original dealer I agreed the deal with to see if he can get it for me. Its a run out model and surely at this stage the dealer who has it should be happy to get rid ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Do you just want the basic HUD or did you want the AR HUD?

What's the difference? The HUD is the display on the glass isn't it?

Yes, but there are 2 zones. The basic HUD gives you the speed, speed limit, info about ACC and nav next turn. The AR section is larger and displays the direction arrows virtually on the road ahead, including pointing to the road you should take. Also displays further info on the Travel Assist like lane markings and follow distance.

Cool in use, but not essential.

The brochure only mentions the AR heads up display, no mention of any other HUD.

Also the current brochure lists the AR HUD as being part of the "infotainment package plus"

I'm probably over thinking it. You're most likely right and there is only the full AR HUD. I don't know if the basic HUD is available without the AR bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'm trying to plan a long spin I have this weekend (Midlands to Cork to Dublin) and am plotting the route on A Better Route Planner. In the settings I can add the "Reference Consumption" of the ID3 but have no idea how to work this out.

Its looking for WH/KM @ 110KM/H??

Any ideas? According to the ev-database website its 164. If i kinda knew, I could put in a conservative figure and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 imPhilip

Can I ask what is required to view this information?

I placed my order with the dealer about 2 weeks ago and the only information I was provided was that it would be approx 12 weeks and that he would get back in contact mid August to complete the paperwork, so it would be good to have the option to track my order online if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

164 is a very do-able average in the ID3, from my experience, but that's with a mix of road types and speeds.

At 110kph I'd work off about 180, just to be a bit on the conservative side. You'll do well to have the discipline to stay at 110 on the motorway, so you could easily hit 200 at 120kph (and even more if you have a head wind).

Ask him for the commission number.

Then register on the My Volkswagen section of the VW website. It will give you the option to add a vehicle to your page via the commission number.

Cheers for that. I'm fairly good at keeping to 110kph on the motorway on a long spin, hopefully the weather keeps warm so a bit better range.

I'll stick in 180 just in case though. Its giving me to stop at Ionity on the way down and again on the way to dublin which I'd only use as a last resort due to the cost. Few CCS on the route (Fermoy / Cashel / Urlingford) so will plan to stop at some of them. Am in no rush from Cork to Dublin and don't mind grabbing a few minutes rest on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

I thought as a seasoned ev owner, coming from the egolf, that you’d have stopped over thinking your long drives by now😀

personally I’d just aim to top up at whichever ionity sites you’re passing and know that you’ll get a charger.

true, am a bugger for overthinking things!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Can confirm that there is only a single HUD configuration consisting of a lower info area and upper AR area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

Just wanted to say thanks to the thread for all the help/advice. Placed my ID.3 order this morning (for a 2022-1).

Good man lol

That'll save me melting my dealer's head off with yet more questions.

• Advertisement

Great stuff. I haven't been keeping up to speed with the 2022 model specs and didn't want to definitively say that HUD means AR Hud.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭fits

Car is made. Waiting for chips. Could be at least another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭rx8

Charger No.2 is still free of charge at Ionity Kill North. was there yesterday and used up some 1st movers credit in Bay No1, in case someone came in to avoid them having to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

I also used the free one last week, but stayed with car, in case anyone else turned up was ready to move and tell them. But as was the case the last few times I was there, there was nobody else around..

Did the dealer give you that estimate of a month?

I wonder if they have any solid info at all or are just spoofing. My dealer says he has no indication. The original incorrect order was in production 5 weeks ago and is still in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Comer1

I read earlier on this thread that the built-in sat navigation supports eircodes but when I enter an eircode into the search, it can't find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭fits

He just said there was a four week delay. Car was due this week

id hope that once they get a delivery of chips that things will move fairly quickly but who knows.

That's the problem, how big a delivery will they get and how far down the pecking order is Ireland.

That said maybe we'll still be ahead of the UK because of Brexit. I do wonder if Brexit is the reason that there isn't a Paddy Spec ID3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Hi all, is there any reason I shouldnt consider a 1st edition from Stock ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭adunis

Any VAG dealer can source a car from their brand in stock anywhere in Ireland cars are NOT assigned to any one dealer.

Advertisement