Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman shot & killed in Derry being treated as a terrorist incident MOD WARNING IN OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

This was some tracksuit wearing moron with a gun.

I don't buy this "orchastrated, organised, planned" language by the police and media.

It's giving juvenile delinquents an absurd amount of credit.

Nope, Nothing to do with Irish republicanism, at all, at all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Low life pieces of ****, real bunch of ****ing hero's shooting an unarmed woman in the middle of a riot.

I hope they catch the scum and throw them in a dark hole for the rest of their lives.

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Journo standing with security forces , not wearing clothes to identify herself as a media despite in the middle of an armed conflict and the good old british security forces doing their old trick of bundling a wounded person into the back of a security vehicle only for them to die enroute, sounds familiar.

Holy feck. Good luck putting this on the oul brits chum.

I think people need to wise up about what a riot entails. People routinely get killed during riots around the world. It’s not funny, it’s not a joke. Whether it’s by fellow rioters or by security forces that’s a fact.

Maybe parents in Londonderry/doire need to wise up. Whether they are supporting these republican thugs or they are negligent.

I know that my kids wouldn’t be allowed around them like it’s some kind of fecking carnival ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

cisk wrote: »

A round of applause

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Sheeps wrote: »
    A round of applause

The mural wouldn't have been updated if it was a PSNI officer who was killed though would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Journo standing with security forces , not wearing clothes to identify herself as a media despite in the middle of an armed conflict and the good old british security forces doing their old trick of bundling a wounded person into the back of a security vehicle only for them to die enroute, sounds familiar.

Classic victim blaming.
    Wise up son.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

But the fact she got killed has nothing to do with the fact that NI is Ireland (literally) and should not be undr UK anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Lavinia wrote: »
    But the fact she got killed has nothing to do with the fact that NI is Ireland (literally) and should not be undr UK anymore

By what rational?

Did we have a unification poll since the GFA was signed which I managed to miss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Looks like the moron murderer fired a hand gun at range. Basically could have hit anybody. From what I saw from the CCTV she was in a crowd. Horrible to see her going about her work knowing she would soon be shot by someone who'll never contribute to society.

Senseless, and counter productive to what they claim to be their aims.

• Advertisement

By what rational?

Did we have a unification poll since the GFA was signed which I managed to miss?
    Well idk, it looks to me that this part has been left under occupation after the Easter rising so would be nice to see it returned.. if that referendum ever happens and it all goes peacefully I think I'd greet that, if in my lifetime..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Well idk, it looks to me that this part has been left under occupation after the Easter rising so would be nice to see it returned.. if that referendum ever happens and it all goes peacefully I think I'd greet that, if in my lifetime..

Define 'occupation' please?

Define 'occupation' please?
    1169 to 1916 not sure what there requires to be defined

That makes no sense and yeah i do know the significance of 1169 before you get up your high horse. Again ill ask you, how do you define 'occupation'?

That makes no sense and yeah i do know the significance of 1169 before you get up your high horse. Again ill ask you, how do you define 'occupation'?
    you'll have a first hint on us talking typing in English here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well 1169 was more an invitation to the french to come over and help a bloke out rather than the brits invading.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Well 1169 was more an invitation to the french to come over and help a bloke out rather than the brits invading.

Exactly.

you'll have a first hint on us talking typing in English here...

So you're not going to define 'occupation so, didnt think so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Frank Castle

Erik Shun wrote: »
    "Kids will be kids"

Perhaps the most moronic thing I've read in this thread...and that's saying something

How's the view from that almighty high horse of yours?
    Yes kids will be kids, you egg on any group of 13/14 year olds to throw stones and sh*t and they will do it, especially in an already hostile environment. Only when you egg on kids in NI it escalates to petrol bombs too sometimes. The older people who did the shooting used these kids as a distraction. Its not as if the kids were in on the f*cking plan is it?

Put it this way, I know every unionist community would be pissed if the garda came raiding on the 11th of july and there would be rioting. No different when the psni do it before the easter rising parades. Tensions are high in these communities all the time. Its hard to understand this when you are not familiar with it.

These are nothing more than children mislead by scumbags to cause a distraction. If this was a muslim community these kids would be described as radicalised. These kids are too young to understand the consequences of their actions, and they are not the ones with the guns.

Those kids murdered a young journalist

No the majority of them were young 13 or 14 year old children, there is a distinction to be made. The ones with the guns were older, young themselves yes, but young adults none the less, and used these younger children as a distraction.

So you're not going to define 'occupation so, didnt think so
    just google it. if you have some point to make just do it, i don't have to write what you expect me to. its childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

As usual any thread about NI turns into a **** show of stupidity.

RIP young lady. She said it herself, none of the spoils of peace reached her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

PSNI CCTV

Fulls behind it
    https://twitter.com/EireSaoradh

Hard man local independent who likes to stoke the flames

https://twitter.com/KaneEmerson/status/1119190676464443392

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Very sad to see. I can only hope that Brexit will not make this type of thing an everyday occurrence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Your point is irrelevant to the discussion, the armed conflicted ended with the Good Friday Agreement. Today a woman is dead because some Republican offshoot group decided to start shooting, they are scum and a wonderful woman is dead as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

poisonated wrote: »
    Very sad to see. I can only hope that Brexit will not make this type of thing an everyday occurrence.

You can be sure that a hard border will bring it all back, that is what they are messing with.
    The GFA was not an end, it was meant to be a process and it is stalled because the DUP will not allow it to progress. It is ironic that this victim is one that would not be recognised or given all her rights because of the continued behaviour of the DUP.

That doesn't excuse what was done, but we have 40 years of the politics of condemnation and it was pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

You can be sure that a hard border will bring it all back, that is what they are messing with.

Given the increase in the number of ATM robberies and intimidation of businesses in NI; Newry appears to be suffering most, it's clear to me that republicans want to return to violence. The Unionist community in NI, the British government and the political parties in the RoI, have made it clear that they've no appetite for violence. One body of people and only one, are interested in violence.
    This was some tracksuit wearing moron with a gun.

I don't buy this "orchastrated, organised, planned" language by the police and media.

It's giving juvenile delinquents an absurd amount of credit.

giphy.webp

And what has this got to the with the disgusting murder being discussed in this thread? Another poor attempt to deflect away from it, I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The GFA was not an end, it was meant to be a process and it is stalled because the DUP will not allow it to progress. It is ironic that this victim is one that would not be recognised or given all her rights because of the continued behaviour of the DUP.

That doesn't excuse what was done, but we have 40 years of the politics of condemnation and it was pointless.

Breaking News Everyone.

According to Shinnerbot Central, it was the DUP that shot the young woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Berserker wrote: »
    Given the increase in the number of ATM robberies and intimidation of businesses in NI; Newry appears to be suffering most, it's clear to me that republicans want to return to violence. The Unionist community in NI, the British government and the political parties in the RoI, have made it clear that they've no appetite for violence. One body of people and only one, are interested in violence.

And?

We didn't need last night's tragedy to tell us that a significant group fractured away from the republican movement at the GFA.
    They will always be there waiting to fill any vacuum or stagnation of the process the main republican body signed up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

This is the kind of relativism the Trump would be proud of.

Hey a young woman has just been killed because some scumbag showing how big a man he was decided to "protect his community" by shooting a gun around a corner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-northern-ireland-47989468/lyra-mckee-police-release-cctv-footage

But that should not detract from the real issue - that NI should not be part of the UK. Even although there is an agreed (and democratic) process for this to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Bill Clinton has released a statement over this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement