Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman shot & killed in Derry being treated as a terrorist incident MOD WARNING IN OP

Options
  • 19-04-2019 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking news that shots were fired in Derry and a woman killed. All that is being said at the moment is it is being treated as a terrorist incident.

With the car bomb there not so long ago, let us all hope this is not going to become a common occurrence again.
    Terrible for family and friends, and wider society.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1119025698772017152

RIP Lyra McKee

cYuqgFUM.jpg

MOD WARNING

If you want to discuss politics, go to the politics forum.

This thread is for discussion of this tragedy outside of politics, as well as expressing sympathies for the deceased loved ones, family friends and so on.

Assume those affected by this tragedy are reading your words (i.e. choose them carefully).

Muppetry will not be tolerated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

RobertKK wrote: »
    Breaking news that shots were fired in Derry and a woman killed. All that is being said at the moment is it is being treated as a terrorist incident.

With the car bomb there not so long ago, let us all hope this is not going to become a common occurrence again.
    Terrible for family and friends, and wider society.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1119025698772017152

Petrol bombs thrown too, Seams to be escalating in that area unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Shocking story and the shooters caught on mobile phone footage. They were young fellas in trackie bottoms, probably not even 18.

Poor girl was a journalist standing next to the police vans.

"The victim was reported locally to have been a journalist and author who was covering the unrest taking place in the Creggan area of the city."

That is an absolutely awful loss of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Awful thing to occur. Terrible for a young woman and her family

Perhaps this will put a plug in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Derry is the correct place and not Londonderry....??

• Advertisement

Don't start that stuff. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

That's your takeaway? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

She was a journalist and might have been targeted. Hunt these fellas down and throw away the key.

She was a journalist and might have been targeted. Hunt these fellas down and throw away the key.

Doubt it. I'd say it was more young lads shooting at landrovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Yawn....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm as nationalist as anyone who'd claim to be nationalist, but I'd hope the country is beyond that knuckle dragging bullsh*t.

Moving along.

Poor girl, this is the first I'm hearing of this murder but from what I'm being told by friends up in the north of Ireland there is a strong undercurrent of unrest, a pretend peace.

RIP young lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Awful news to wake up too.

One death too many

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I'm as nationalist as anyone who'd claim to be nationalist, but I'd hope the country is beyond that knuckle dragging bullsh*t.

Sadly, far from it. I'm on the middle ground tending towards unionism and we've started calling it Lower Limivady to wind up the bigots.

As someone old enough to have been in Uni in Belfast through the bad times, we REALLY don't want this back again.

RIP young lady, and I really hope that when they are caught, the Good Friday agreement will not apply and they will go to jail for a very long time.

Sadly, far from it. I'm on the middle ground tending towards unionism and we've started calling it Lower Limivady to wind up the bigots..

Bigots are **** on both sides. I'd rather see us as one people, I really couldn't care less what side anyone claims to be. Just be nice to people and respect that other's have different views you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If paramilitaries were involved then they must have expected the victim to have been involved in the sale or distribution of drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

listermint wrote: »
    Don't start that stuff. Cheers.

I'm as nationalist as the next but plz piss off. Irrelevant in the context of this senseless murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jaysus lads cool the jets I know it as Derry hence the question.

Shocking stuff what happened and rip to the young woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If paramilitaries were involved then they must have expected the victim to have been involved in the sale or distribution of drugs.

What ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

No
    They are just scumbags
    They had no excuse
    No Justification
    No right
    They should be hunted down and locked away forever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Journo standing with security forces , not wearing clothes to identify herself as a media despite in the middle of an armed conflict and the good old british security forces doing their old trick of bundling a wounded person into the back of a security vehicle only for them to die enroute, sounds familiar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Journo standing with security forces , not wearing clothes to identify herself as a media despite in the middle of an armed conflict and the good old british security forces doing their old trick of bundling a wounded person into the back of a security vehicle only for them to die enroute, sounds familiar.

Armed conflict ?. Where , ?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

judeboy101 wrote:

Victim blaming much? Disgusting

What ?.

He was being sarcastic.

Armed conflict ?. Where , ?

In the mind of a keyboard warrior.

Here's an idea, aside from leaving the victim blaming out of it.

How about not fucking shooting people, simple!.

'Armed conflict', you mean some cowardly bastard murdering someone then skulking away into the night to hide out in his rat hole?.

Your take on what happened is so warped.

Search Leona O’Neill, journalist on Facebook. She was standing right beside her when it happened and called the ambulance. Quicker and safer to take the shot woman to hospital in the back of PSNI vehicle than have an ambulance enter the area.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Calling them terrorists is giving them too much credit, bunch of ignorent skangers with too much free time out to cause gratuitous violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

"Ireland unfree shall never be at peace"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭malinheader

No government assembly in northern Ireland. The British government totally blinkerd by Brexit and the lrish government don't give a damn about northern Ireland. It's not looking good for the north. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

Here's an idea, aside from leaving the victim blaming out of it.

How about not fucking shooting people, simple!.

'Armed conflict', you mean some cowardly bastard murdering someone then skulking away into the night to hide out in his rat hole?.

The sad thing is Mak, the kids doing the rioting and shooting far from being born during the conflict. They’ve been raised by parents like judeboy who want there to always be conflict.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement