Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman shot & killed in Derry being treated as a terrorist incident MOD WARNING IN OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Appalling,senseless and cowardice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

markodaly wrote: »
    Thats not true at all. 7 nationalists MP's in Westminister could actually do alot. We see the power the DUP wield at the moment with 10 MP's.

A vote for SF in any Westminister election is a wasted vote. You may as well just not vote at all.

The title of the Tory party are conservative and unionist. They are fellow travellers with the DUP. SF would have no place in Westminster.

The central issue is that the British should have no role in Irish affairs and the likewise the Irish have no business interfering in British affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Cannot read all 10+ pages of this but just thought to say I am surprised that - not being for the woman killed - we'd not even hear about the riots in Derry.

Why is this I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

lawred2 wrote: »
    Well sure given that you've been shut down so repeatedly on this in the Brexit thread you're right to give it another go elsewhere.

Erm, what? I don't think I have posted in a Brexit thread, well in about ever.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »

And SF run their campaigns on the promise that they won't take their seats in Westminster. So the people who still vote for them accept that fact and are happy to give them the mandate to represent them all the same.

This is the problem right here and I would imagine now, that the folly of this strategy has come home to roost. Perhaps next time people may think twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Lavinia wrote: »
    Cannot read all 10+ pages of this but just thought to say I am surprised that - not being for the woman killed - we'd not even hear about the riots in Derry.

Why is this I wonder.

Because you made it up.

zapitastas wrote: »
    The title of the Tory party are conservative and unionist. They are fellow travellers with the DUP. SF would have no place in Westminster.

The central issue is that the British should have no role in Irish affairs and the likewise the Irish have no business interfering in British affairs.

In fairness, this is codswallop.

There are other parties in Westminister and interests at play here.
    NI until a border poll decrees it, is part of the United Kingdom and therefore it is in one's interest to have a voice at the table.

The rest is the justification of zealots and headbangers. Moral and ideological purity is at play here and we can see the manifestation of that, shooting dead a young woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Erm, what? I don't think I have posted in a Brexit thread, well in about ever.

Oh well just another one of your clones trotting out the same tripe

Oh well just another one of your clones trotting out the same tripe

What are you on about? Please speak English as you are making a fool of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

A 15yr old boy is getting the blame locally on 'social media'.

Edit: has been arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

This is the problem right here and I would imagine now, that the folly of this strategy has come home to roost. Perhaps next time people may think twice.

You obviously know nothing about the north if you think people will move away from SF because of this strategy. What dont you understand? SF say they will not take seat if elected, they get elected and do as they promise, people continue to vote for them, its pretty simple really, even you should have the capacity to understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Liamalone wrote: »
    A 15yr old boy is getting the blame locally on 'social media'.

Edit: has been arrested.

Is that on a news report? having a look and don't see anything,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is that on a news report? having a look and don't see anything,

A friend told me, named him also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,042 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lavinia wrote: »

Why is this I wonder.

Lies it was on the news last night before the lady died

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

boardise wrote: »
    'Saoradh ' ? ... Is this the Gaelic for 'Sarah' ?

It's Gaelic for "Liberation"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What has this got to do with SF?

Maybe get down off that hobby horse and knock off the grandstanding

The IRA and it's derivatives have everything got to do with Sinn Fein. Sinn Fein have to be doing everything it can to denounce any sort of violence or any sort of undemocratic achievement of a United Ireland.

But no, you have their leader walking through New York holding an "England get out of Ireland" banner. They've a disgusting history, and they're not doing enough to disown it.

I'd never vote for a United Ireland. What happened to that poor young girl is disgusting. **** those who did it and their disgusting nationalism. We want nothing to do with that **** here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If true, it shows how heroic the new leaders of this breakaway group are.

Why would I take a gun and shoot at the police, heavily armed who might fire back at me?

Sure I'll hand the gun to a 15 yr old kid, and let him do the shooting.

That way if any sh1t happens, I'm off scot free

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Lies it was on the news last night before the lady died
    any link to those news but from before she was killed? i cannot seem to find it. i tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As someone who hopes to live to see a United Ireland, if this is what's needed to bring about, then count me out.

It's not worth any more human lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

7 nationalists MP's in Westminister could actually do alot.

This has been dismantled and sunk numerous times yet you still seem not to get it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

NIMAN wrote: »
    As someone who hopes to live to see a United Ireland, if this is what's needed to bring about, then count me out.

I think this is a perfect summation of the attitude of most reasonable people in the South. Most probably favour a United Ireland, but not at the expense of these sorts of acts. These "Republicans" that murder innocent people are shunned by the citizens of the Republic they wish to be part of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Amirani wrote: »
    I think this is a perfect summation of the attitude of most reasonable people in the South. Most probably favour a United Ireland, but not at the expense of these sorts of acts. These "Republicans" that murder innocent people are shunned by the citizens of the Republic they wish to be part of.

So you change you mind about a perfectly reasonable aspiration a United Ireland because some uneducated person (probably a teenage) take a shot at some police and kills an innocent woman.

Do you let the actions of idiots in general change you political ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

As a republican I have to say I'm disgusted to what happened to this woman.i really really had hope the violence was behind us at this stage. RIP to that woman.
    I hope anyone involved has the book thrown at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

It struck me yesterday as Pellosi was talking that there are far too many people still clapping themselves and select others on the back for the GFA.

Your word 'commemorating' is apposite because the GFA is dead atm. And it has stagnated and failed to deliver fully. One of the reasons a lot have been left behind.
    This killing is the culmination of stagnation that far too many have been willing to ignore.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    It would be even worse if somebody had deliberately cranked things up for the Pelosi visit.
    If minor political "points scoring" is the result they were after, then its not exactly a great victory.
    The most powerful US Democrat, Nancy Pelosi, visited the border and delivered a stark message.
    If the UK's manner of leaving the EU damages the Good Friday Agreement then forget about a US-UK trade deal.
    "That's just not on the cards if there's any harm done to the Good Friday accords," she said.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47979214
    Its not even The Whitehouse saying that, its their opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

This has been dismantled and sunk numerous times yet you still seem not to get it.

3 posts from you so far and not a word condemning these "republican" arse holes just doing all you can to ensure the blame is firmly directed at the DUP

Says a fcuking lot

• Registered Users Posts: 26,312 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So you change you mind about a perfectly reasonable aspiration a United Ireland because some uneducated person (probably a teenage) take a shot at some police and kills an innocent woman.

Do you let the actions of idiots in general change you political ideas?

Well, that wasn't at all what was said.

You obviously know nothing about the north if you think people will move away from SF because of this strategy. What dont you understand? SF say they will not take seat if elected, they get elected and do as they promise, people continue to vote for them, its pretty simple really, even you should have the capacity to understand it.

Oh, I understand it alright, and I think its patiently and obviously retarded. But there you go, that is the North for ya. They deserve each other.

Dismantled and sunk numerous times by whom exactly? You, as if you are the moral authority on the topic?

It is funny though in a thread about a young woman shot dead by IRA wannabe nationalistic scumbags you want to wade in with the crap and defense you spout numerous times when it comes to SF/IRA and their awful history of violence on this island.

Maybe you should cop yourself on like a good lad.

• Advertisement

3 posts from you so far and not a word condemning these "republican" arse holes just doing all you can to ensure the blame is firmly directed at the DUP

Says a fcuking lot

100%

Much to say about da Brits and the DUP at any given opportunity but when their ideological kin murder a woman for the Irish cause..... tumbleweeds....

It's pathetic really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement